1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

eCigs anyone?

Discussion in 'Other Every Day Carry Items' started by Sodacose, Oct 24, 2012.

1. moostapha

moostapha Loaded Pockets

Reos are fantastic mods (I own 2 of them), bit I hardly use them anymore. And, honestly, I probably won't until I can figure out how to shove a DNA chip and some lipo packs in there.

2. Diesel Weasel

Diesel Weasel Loaded Pockets

I got a used VS DNA30 first and loved it. Unfortunately I found the 30w was just a lil low for my tastes. I sold it and got the updated rDNA40 on Cyber Monday. I do use my Sigelei more, but only for my sub ohm tanks or the odd coil under .5 ohms. The Sig is a dual 18650 so it's amazing on battery life if you stay under 60w. The rDNA40 charges super fast now so it's not much of a big deal. It's much, much easier to carry than the Sig and feels better in my small hand. The temp control is AMAZING! That alone was worth the upgrade. Nickel builds are tough so I've only used premade Nautilus coils (Waiting on Atlantis ones) but the change in the Nautilus is amazing. I hadn't used the Nautilus in a year and now I toss it on all the time. It's perfect for juices that are super sensitive. One of my juices was incredibly hard to dial in right but with temp control it's perfect every time. I buy a lot of clones simply because I usually can't afford authentic. I'm very happy with both my boxes. VS has great customer service too.

[​IMG]

3. Sriracha

Sriracha Loaded Pockets

I use an Atlantis coil/tank with an eleaf 50w. I get decent clouds, but can't really taste the flavors like I used to. Maybe I need to branch out and try different types of flavors? I don't like the citrus flavors, and I really like the nuts, cream, custard, dried fruit flavors. I really like cloud9 cereal killer, and cosmic fog milk and honey, and cuttwood boss sauce. I am about to try a bottle of Beard 32. What juices do you recommend and what voltage do you recommend for my setup/ juices. I am rather new at all this. Thanks yall!

4. Sriracha

Sriracha Loaded Pockets

And I also have a Mini Nautilus tank and the hole is so tiny. It's like trying to smoke a joint rolled by your cheapest friend. Am I doing something wrong, or am I just spoiled with the Atlantis? And are there better tanks? Cheaper coils?

smokingfish likes this.
  5. Diesel Weasel

Diesel Weasel Loaded Pockets

You're spoiled by the Atlantis lol. I have a problem with taste (woke up mid tonsillectomy) so I'm a bad judge. I need a super strong flavor to be happy.
    I used to be all over any cinnamon bakery flavor but realized I wasn't happy with it. I've been moving towards custards and fruit flavors, especially raspberry. Shurb is amazing. You can try to drill out the Nautilus to get more air, but it might be tricky. All coils are a little costly. Unless you take the old ones and remake them. That can be a pain because of the small space, but not impossible. MyFreedomSmokes does a huge coil sale every other month I think. It's a great deal. Every flavor is different, remember that. Even with the same coil you may find a juice that's great at 40w and another that needs to be around 20w. Play around with settings. I usually try to avoid going over 5 volts but I know plenty of people who blast past it. I like a cooler vape personally. Also I focus on flavor far more than clouds. Another tip, the tighter the draw, the better the flavor. Up to a point. I usually close off my airflow halfway or more. It gets warmer, but the flavor is more pronounced. If you close it too much you can make it worse. Just fiddle with everything lol!

[​IMG]

6. kirbz

kirbz Empty Pockets

I started on one of those e-go setups at the beginning of last year. Moved up to an MVP box and Nautilus. In August I went to a mech mod and dripper setup. Now, I'm using a Smok M80 plus with an Atlantis v2 tank. So much flavor, cloud production is pretty solid (.3 ohm coil at 65-70 watts). I think I'm going to buy an IPV4 and Arctic sub-tank soon. I'm still looking for a decent, minimal carry solution though. Interested in the Vice M4 tactical holster from The Drip Club. It has MOLLE webbing and attachment points, and I can slide it on my OneTigris lumbar packs. I could also attach the MOLLE strips to my belt, and it's big enough to support my Anker battery, mod, juice and coils, and charge cable for strictly minimal, going to the mall type setup.

Thank god Fathers Day is right around the corner. Vape mail without the lady nagging me

7. inkb0t

inkb0t Loaded Pockets

[​IMG]

I make high end mods...Stabilized Spaulted Tamarind DNA 40... waiting on a piece of damascus to come in to cover up the battery. K.Loud atomizer

callforfire and Sriracha like this.
  8. mario23

mario23 Loaded Pockets

For some really nice custard flavors, check out The Vaping Rabbit.
    They have one called The Hatter which is a Flan/Custard flavor...really nice.

For airflow I like my Atlantis but even better is my Kanger sub mini.

Sriracha likes this.
  9. TJ S.

TJ S. Loaded Pockets

Awesome thread, guys. I work in a shop, so its great to see all vape gear and EDC in one spot.

Little tip for the Atlantis folks - if you're looking for better airflow, the airflow control ring can be taken off the base. It's not meant to come off, but it will if you work at it.

Im using a Sig 150 and an Atlantis v1 with one of the new .3 coils. Juice varies daily, but I'm loving just about anything from Jimmy the Juiceman.

10. NelsonIII

NelsonIII Loaded Pockets

I keep it simple nowdays, eGo with a EVOD tank. Hate fiddling around, Ive done my fair share with fiddling on ecigs throughout the years.

11. Elathan

Elathan Loaded Pockets

more vape mail today, i ordered a couple of spare 18650 batteries for my 134 as im using it a lot more now, and ive got the red warnig light a few times while at work. i picked up a belt pouch that can hold two 18650's but i only need to be carrying one. so i was wondering what else i could fit in there? when i dawned on me, i picked up a second of the belt pouches, and have came up with this layout for edc. maybe a little over the top, but im really pleased with it!

[​IMG]

the pouch, simple, small, straightforward.

[​IMG]

swapped out the second battery for the e juice im vaping, perfect fit!

[​IMG]

fully inserted, could of been made to measure.

[​IMG]

and one of it closed up, as i said, perfect fit!

But what about the second pouch? what else could get in there?

[​IMG]

a innokin X.I tank fits in there perfectly to, (and a i clear 30 does to by the way) and of corse the juice to match.

[​IMG]

and all the way in, fits like a glove.

[​IMG]

and closed. perfect.
    hope this is helpful to any other vapers out there.

watchcollector1968 likes this.
  12. NelsonIII

NelsonIII Loaded Pockets

Nice little bit of kit there Elathan, I like it!

Elathan likes this.
  13. watchcollector1968

watchcollector1968 Loaded Pockets

Had an Aspire Nautilus but my wife liked it so much she took it. My sub ohm tanks are nice but blow through juice too fast.

Got a Kanger Aerotank Mega... Like it better than the Nautilus.
    [​IMG]

Sent From My Droid Maxx

14. callforfire
    • In Omnia Paratus

callforfire Loaded Pockets

I only started vaping to quit smoking and I'm quite happy to say I'm still smoke free. I must say it has evolved into something I never expected.
    Since starting this, I have gone through several upgrades as I settled into what works best for me. Most recently, I tried out a cheap Erlkonigin clone and like it so much
    I had to have the authentic. It was expensive, but worth it. While the clone was functional, the difference in quality and flavor production is tangible between the clone and the real thing. Swapped the plastic tank for glass from ibtanked, and honestly as far as RTA's go I don't personally think there is any better.
    [​IMG]

Have my ErlK riding on top of an IPV mini 2 that I modded with a varitube 510 connector since the threads on my mini were horrid and attys would not sit flush.
    patiently waiting on the sigelei 75w to hit the stores.

15. watchcollector1968

I have been debating a Provari. I see mixed reviews. Some say excellent quality and superb reliability. Others say they're over priced.

Are they truly something worth the investment?

Sent From My Droid Maxx

16. moostapha

moostapha Loaded Pockets

They were a few years ago. I liked mine a lot. When they came out, they were the only decent regulated mod.

Now....pretty much any random dna40 mod will be better, and a lot of them are cheaper.

I still have mine from like 2011, and it still seems like it would work....haven't put a battery in it since I got into the high end game.

17. mario23

mario23 Loaded Pockets

Same here. I have a Provari mini that is great but the DNA is just better in every way.

18. moostapha

moostapha Loaded Pockets

...now, a provari with a DNA chip in it....people have been asking them to just give up their own stuff and do that basically since the Darwin came out.

19. baconboyrlz
    • In Omnia Paratus

baconboyrlz Loaded Pockets

Here's my new set up, I'm liking it so far.
    [​IMG]

20. watchcollector1968

Nice. I looked at one of those the other day. Ended up with the Innokin mvp3.0 still considering the M80.

Local shop here has the Provari zombie edition on sale crazy cheap. Tossing that idea around, probably not much use for it but tempting anyway.

Sent From My Droid Maxx

baconboyrlz likes this.