1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

eCigs anyone?

Discussion in 'Other Every Day Carry Items' started by Sodacose, Oct 24, 2012.

1. ausgebombt

ausgebombt Loaded Pockets

I have definitely been thinking about trying drippers and have done a good bit of research. I can't see it ever being my every day carry just because a good tank and mod are so much less hassle. I have thought about getting one for the exact reason you stated though and as a way to try higher power (more vapor) to maybe get the same throat hit with less nicotine.... any thoughts on that?

2. mario23

mario23 Loaded Pockets

I can chime in on this. I found the dripper to be much stronger so lower nic levels worked better. The throat hit was ridiculous with some of my 6 liquids.
    Also you are right on track with use. My daily driver is a Kanger Mini tank. No fuss with a good size tank...perfect for driving and at work. I also use an Atlantis in same way.
    At home in the evenings, I'll grab the dripper to try new flavors but also to get some serious hits. I run the kanger in the 35 to 35 range but the dripper runs in the teens because of how much stronger it is for me.

3. mario23

mario23 Loaded Pockets

Since we're on the topic here's my current collection.
    [​IMG]
    The nemesis gets occasional use but mostly as a change of pace.
    The Provari used to be my favorite with the Silo tank until I got into sub ohm vaping with the DNA 40.
    The DNA is my current daily driver with either the Atlantis or the Kanger Mini with Nickel coils attached.

Liquids...we need more info on this here!!!
    Vaping Rabbit is a great company and they have a flavor called Hatter which is based on the spanish dessert, flan...really good!
    Also Lee & Quids Blackbird...good light tobacco flavor.

4. karandras

karandras Loaded Pockets

Yeah i have a small collection of drippers and they pretty much never leave the house, it's just too much hassle. If i'm out and about i tend to use a GP spheroid or Fakirs mini troy x.

Yeah most people will drop their nicotine to roughly 1/3 of what they are using in a tank when using a dripper, i.e 18mg in a tank and 6mg in a dripper. I just vape 18mg regardless of what it's in.

With the dripper, you'll probably find the flavour will be stronger and it may even alter the taste of your juice slightly.

ausgebombt likes this.
  5. ausgebombt

Awesome, if I drop my nic from 6mg i might as well give 0 a shot. One thing I DO really like about drippers is they would make my mod so much smaller without having the tank on there.... decisions decisions. Do you have any preferred RDAs? I assume, depending on the build, most would work fine on my Istick 20W or Sigelei 30W?

6. karandras

karandras Loaded Pockets

You could always mix some at 3mg or just give 6mg a whirl before buying / making any at 0mg.

The two i pick up most are the tobh and a fakirs troy x in dripper mode. Although i also do sometimes use the mini troy x in dripping mode.

I also picked up a clone kayfun mini and use that in exclusively in dripping mode (the tank part leaks like mad) to test out new mixes / juices.

I'm not really an extreme vaper, i prefer single coils and the lowest i go is about 0.5 ohms (in the drippers only and only when i'm in the mood for it). Tanks tend to sit around the 1.5 ohm at 25-30w, as i mainly vape dessert / pudding / sweet flavours.

I had an istick 20w and ran a dripper on that without issue, but i prefer mech's. Just check out the ohm / amp limits for your mods and build accordingly.

Hope that helps.

ausgebombt likes this.
  7. ausgebombt

Super helpful, thank you! I will definitely be looking into a dripper sometime soon. I am not an extreme vaper either but part of me is just curious about other options in case I'm missing something that might be even better than what I already have............. then again I guess that is why we are all on EDCF lol.

8. K2-Kevin

K2-Kevin Loaded Pockets

My new collection...

eGrip OLED (New off the boat)
    eGrip
    iStick 20w

[​IMG]

9. watchcollector1968

watchcollector1968 Loaded Pockets

Relaxing breakfast. Like Honey Nut Cheerios, Kanger Subtank with the 1.2 coil at 18w.
    [​IMG]

Sent From My Droid Maxx

smokingfish likes this.
  10. willb00023

willb00023 Loaded Pockets

How do you like the milk honey?

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

11. Elathan

Elathan Loaded Pockets

been reading this thread for a bit and it prompted me to get back to my e cig and get off the real ones again. i tried last to quit using e cigs, and i was getting in to them and was using this set up, and was happy with it to begin with.

[​IMG]

its the ego pipe mod battery, using ce6 cartos and i added a 510 adapter to use a extended angled drip tip. it was a good draw, and put out a good amount of vapour. however after a while i became irritated with it, i loved the look of it. but the it was the lack of practicality that got to me. it wouldnt stand up, and those cartos would leak all the time, or the thread on the base would work its self loose. so in the drawer it went and vaping was forgot about.
    untill last month when i was ill with flu and a chest infection, and i couldnt stand to smoke. so i dug out the pipe and began to prefer vaping to actully smoking. so after seeing all the amazing mods on here, i treated my self to something a little more up market.

[​IMG]

the i taste 134. yes its big, yes its heavy, yes it looks like a light sabre, and yes thats why i bought it! but it is also a superb vape, i love it, and have not had a real ciggie since i got it,

[​IMG]

just upgraded the carto to the pyrex innokin itaste X I and im loving it even more. just need to find a belt pouch for it now.

12. watchcollector1968

watchcollector1968 Loaded Pockets

I like it a lot. Kind of like honey nut cheerios. I prefer fruity juices but when I'm in the mood for something different I use the milk and honey.

Sent From My Droid Maxx

13. SJS101

SJS101 Loaded Pockets

Been using the iStick for a few weeks. Digging the battery life. Most recently I chucked my Kanger ProTank II and scooped up the Aspire Nautilus with BVC. Wish I would have done this sooner. Taste is tons better for all the juices I've tried.

sandman-23 likes this.
  14. Elathan

Elathan Loaded Pockets

Vape mail arrived today, so thought id share with you all,

[​IMG]

i ordered some e juice from vapeclub.co.uk, delivery was within 36 hours! so no complaints there.
    the first juice i ordered was the sinner by vintage e liquids. as you can the bottle is zippo shaped, which i love, and this is a mint/ tobacco flavour, its smells lovely, but i have not tried it yet.
    next is dr jekyll by digbys juices. this is a anise/citrus/mint combo that smells almost identical to absinthe. and i love it, real rich flavours, a real nice hit.
    and last we have wake and vape by epic juice. this is a expresso/vanilla/caramel/brown sugar flavour, and all i can say is wow! as soon as i opened the parcel the aroma of this one just hit me, and they could not of got another drop of juice in the bottle, it was brimmed, just thought id throw that in as i have noticed some other brands are shy of the top of the bottle by 2 to 3 mm. and it is just as described, currently been sucking on this one for a few hours now! it is just divine! if you love coffee, then you will love this.
    hope some of you find this helpfull, just wanting to share my thoughts and findings with fellow vapers on here.

15. Serena

Serena EDC Junkie

I have to get me some new Deadly Sin. Best liquid ever tasted…

16. nitaliano

nitaliano Loaded Pockets

Wow lots of vapers here, that's great!

I am currently using an Aspire ESP 30 watt box with the atlantis and atlantis 2 tanks, I also have the Aspire CF MOD as an alternate.

17. mario23

mario23 Loaded Pockets

I've heard that Atlantis 2 works better like in the 60's. I like the Atlantis 1 for sure though. That and the Kanter subtank mini are the best out there. I'm not a big rebuilder.

Sent from my SM-T520 using Tapatalk

18. nitaliano

nitaliano Loaded Pockets

If you use the .5 coils 20-30 w is great, if you are using the .3 coils then definitely go to the 50-60 watt range. Atlantis 2 can use the regular Atlantis coils, it does have much better air flow control if you are into that kind of thing.

19. Diesel Weasel

Diesel Weasel Loaded Pockets

[​IMG]
    VaporShark rDNA40, Derringer (26gx9, 0.55 ohm), Persona's Margot (0mg).

Upstairs is my Sigelei 150w with a Rogue (~4 ohm) and Jimmy the Juiceman's Shurb <3

Last week I got a Smokeless Owl mechanical squonk box but I'm not real thrilled by it. Not the best quality. Hopefully one day I can get a REO or something.

20. smokingfish

smokingfish Loaded Pockets

How's the dna40? Was eyeballing it last week, but not sure if it's a big step up from a dna30 device.