1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

eCigs anyone?

Discussion in 'Other Every Day Carry Items' started by Sodacose, Oct 24, 2012.

1. valhalla

valhalla Loaded Pockets

My wife recently stopped smoking cold turkey ...good on her and good luck as well. In order to help her I've kept my smokes out of eyesight, not smoked around her, etc... I tried the Blu disposable. Not a great thing but I can see the allure and in six months I've gone from three packs a day to less than one. I'd love to go even further eventually but I don't have my wife's willpower. She's a beast!

I'm going to dig a bit deeper into this "vaping". The Blu disposable has helped and now I know there is more to it. Thanks for having this info. I love this community.

Hippy is a term of endearment around my house. While I don't agree with old school hippy sentiment or hardcore shock activism involved in the 60s I admire the passion involved. Anytime any of us try or do anything health conscious, organic, or just commit a good act we call each other hippies. Kinda like saying "I don't have the kahunas to commit to your do goody ways, I admire what your doing". I know it's odd but I'm just an old school county boy at heart or as I tell my wife and daughters ......I be a edumacated redneck!

2. Slipjoint

Slipjoint Loaded Pockets

I've been helping my mom out with her E-cigs, since she's not good at reading instructions (doesn't have the patience to look at the manuals). She's been looking to cut back on the money she spends on regular cigarettes, but I'm hoping she can quit altogether, as I've known a lot of people who did once they switched to E-cigs.

Kahunas? I think you mean cojones. There's no need to bring Hawaiians into this.:p

Gollum24601 likes this.
  3. valhalla

valhalla Loaded Pockets

"Kahunas? I think you mean cojones. There's no need to bring Hawaiians into this.:p"

Aye. You are correct, Sir. Maybe I shoulda stated (somewhat) edumacated redneck. :-P

Last edited by valhalla, Apr 23, 2013
    Arch Ronin and Gollum24601 like this.
  4. zeppo
    • In Omnia Paratus

zeppo Banned

After a week with a Joyetech E-Roll I bought an E-Vic with a Kanger Protank... Along with a selection of liquids, I hope it keeps me of of smoking, I am not planning on quiting per se but I do want to minimize it...

Man, that Evic is a BIG unit though, the Eroll is quite portable, possibly be keeping that one in the car.

Avenal likes this.
  5. marsos52

marsos52 Loaded Pockets

congrats to you zeppo, in a short period of time i found that the ecigs taste much better than analog ciggies. now i cant even stand the smell of a normal cig when im around someone smoking them, also the larger batteries hold there charge fo a very long time, a 18650 battery with heavy vaping lasts me 14 to 15 hours and sometimes up to 24 hours. so this makes the larger size worth it. there are many atomizer styles on the market, ive been thru alot, i have found what works best for me is a cartomizer and a tank
    best flavor, best vaper and no mess. the carto's last about a week and not expensive, and the tanks hold a lot of ejuice

happy vaping

zeppo likes this.
  6. valhalla

valhalla Loaded Pockets

I purchased the Blu starter kit and so far enjoy it. Down to a handful of Marlboro per day and planning on going further. I'd like to see some more advanced kits that you guys have as the Blu batteries are already driving me insane. You guys sound very knowledgeable and I have no clue at this point other than what I have is a good entry level kit. I went with Blu for the Johnson Creek factor and the use of vegetable glycerine instead of propylene glycol. I also see the Blu cartridges are actually refillable but this looks like a pain and while cheaper I find purchasing the cartridges cheaper and healthier than cigarettes.

7. defjus

defjus Loaded Pockets

I've been absent from EDCF because I've been spending all my time on ECF. Both forums are full of enablers and I can't afford (quite literally) to spend too much time on both.

Just wanted to share my new toy from EPipeMods... Winnie the Pipe, aka The Honeypot
    [​IMG]
    (fitted with an IBTanked 22ml XL with stainless steel caps, and filled with NicQuid Sublime 18mg)

kkay, Isawyah, Avenal and 2 others like this.
  8. marsos52

marsos52 Loaded Pockets

thats hot.. nice mod... checked out the web site and they hardly have any inventoy left to buy..

9. defjus

defjus Loaded Pockets

They have weekly releases, every Friday at about 4p.m. eastern. They go quick.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

10. Stonerman33
    • In Omnia Paratus

Stonerman33 Loaded Pockets

Finally decided to take the cheap(ish) route to variable wattage. Been stuck in 2009 using a provari with a huge stash of boge 510 cartos that I had stocked up on. Ordered the stainless vamo and a kanger protank this afternoon, as well as a resupply on juice, and a stainless maratac AAA to round out the day.

I had tried tanks at one point in the past, but punching cartos was a bit of a pain, and the polycarbonate cracked within a month or two... But hey, five years ago I was still smoking, and the mods I'm using these days sure beat the first ecigs I had. They've come a long way since I started. I think the standard 510s were JUST hitting the US when I started...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

defjus and mooshi like this.
  11. Avenal

Avenal Loaded Pockets

The Vamo is great as well as the Protank. I would suggest using a gasket/o-ring/washer of some sort since the bottom tip of the Protank is longer than other tanks and has been known to put a lot pressure on the Vamo center pin.

Protank works very well with the eVic without any modification, but I'd definitely recommend modding the Protank so it does not interfere with the Vamo center pin.

If you google Vamo and Protank, you will find a lot of info on this.

Stonerman33 likes this.
  12. Stonerman33
    • In Omnia Paratus

Thanks for the heads up. I imagine the info is plentiful on ECF, but I gave that forum up years ago when the mods all went a bit off their rockers and went crazy with the ban hammer/censorship. It just showed up today, so when I get a few minutes, I'll look into it and see what I find.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

13. Avenal

Avenal Loaded Pockets

No problem! I've been using a Vivi Nova 3.5 tank on my Vamo. Works great with the Vamo, easy to find, and only $10

14. marsos52

marsos52 Loaded Pockets

here are my users
    [​IMG]

puresmoke legacy with a big daddy vaper 'lil moma tank' and a empiremods drip tip,, a glv super mini for dripping and the vape mate, telescoping sigelei with a d dct tank and drip tip

defjus likes this.
  15. SwagmundFreud

SwagmundFreud Empty Pockets

It there a reliable website where I can buy a starter kit?

Sent from my M470BSA using Tapatalk 2

16. Stonerman33
    • In Omnia Paratus

If you stick to US based shops, they are all pretty good. Buying from the Chinese sites can be a bit cheaper, but shipping takes ages. I've never had problems with any ecig related order I've made over the years, but I tend to buy as much as I can from the US as it gets to me faster and returns/exchanges are easier without a language barrier. For starter kits, I'd look at madvapes.com, cloudsofvapor.com, rockymountainvapor was good back in the day, haven't ordered there for a few years though.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

SwagmundFreud likes this.
  17. MedusaOblongata

MedusaOblongata Loaded Pockets

This is the kit I started with. The site has been reliable through multiple purchases with fast shipping. The cartomizers are disposable, so after a few days or a week they start to taste burnt and have to be thrown away, but they're not expensive to replace ($1-1.50 ea.). Each battery will last me 2-4 days before it needs to be recharged. I'm looking for a good tank to use, though, instead of the cartomizers.

18. CatherineM
    • In Omnia Paratus

CatherineM Loaded Pockets

I wonder when the Canadian government is going to allow nicotine ecigs to be sold here? I know some people who would switch immediately.

Sent by Owl Post

19. derfyled

derfyled Loaded Pockets

You can legally get e-juice with nicotine in QC and BC.

20. Avenal

Avenal Loaded Pockets

Check out Vaporalley and Surevapes.
    Both offer great and fast service!