1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

eCigs anyone?

Discussion in 'Other Every Day Carry Items' started by Sodacose, Oct 24, 2012.

1. Serena

Serena EDC Junkie

This thread made me dig up my eCig again. Hopefully I'll smoke less now…

kenjichui likes this.
  2. kenjichui

kenjichui Loaded Pockets

Cut the nicotine till 0..

Then start to enjoy the cloud and flavor... With 0%.

3. Highbinder

Highbinder Loaded Pockets

Yah I think that's what I'll be doing. Now day four of no smoking but I really miss the act. Going to pick up some zero nicotine juices and hopefully that'll be a buffer to keep me away from the analogue ones.

Now to find a good 18650 mod I can find in the UK!

4. karandras

karandras Loaded Pockets

Try the ukvapers forum for some inspiration.

5. zeppo
    • In Omnia Paratus

zeppo Banned

6. moostapha

moostapha Loaded Pockets

It is a bit fiddly until you get the hang of it, which takes several failed builds. But each one should get better.

Pretty much regardless of which rba you got, I think the right thing to build in it is a microcoil with a mesh slug wick, but the mesh has its own learning curve.

If you use cotton, make sure its clean cotton, and your hands have to be like performing surgery clean when you handle it to make it not taste like garbage....and if you ever get a dry hit, you need to replace the wick. Vaping off burned cotton is unhealthy, and it's not something you can fix with cleaning.

Short of mesh, I've had the best luck with ecowool, but it doesn't actually wick well....you need to keep the wick extremely short, and I don't actually like it in anything but a dripper.

And the best things to wrap microcoils are 1/16" or 3/32" drill bits and a butane torch (not lighter....they don't get hot enough). A pair of locking pliers also helps. Tutorial videos should teach you how to use them, or I can post pictures if you need them.

I wish I could give advice on tanks that actually work, but I haven't found one. I switched to bottom feeders over a year ago and never looked back.

And, yes, I use stainless steel mesh wicks in everything. I think they wick fastest and taste best. But it took a while to learn how to use it.

7. karandras

karandras Loaded Pockets

I've got a gizmo, but i went with the SS switch. What atty is in yours? i run a spheroid in mine with a hybrid silica and cotton wick.

8. zeppo
    • In Omnia Paratus

zeppo Banned

Thanks man, yeah, nothing new here, i just have to start doing it, i have a couple of easy builds coming and a couple hard ones, we will see how it goes :)

I did not know that about the cotton and the clean hands, i will have to remember that, that is a good tip!

9. zeppo
    • In Omnia Paratus

zeppo Banned

At the moment theres an n-vape mini pro in there that really impresses me (maybe because that is not so hard). I have a couple of genesis style Doc Dave mini micros on the way, as well as a Spheroid, we'll see how that goes.

The natvurevape rebuilt microcoils with cotton are really nice though, no more kanger for me.

SS switch was sold out, but i like the brass, put an o-ring under it to shorten the travel of the button.

10. moostapha

moostapha Loaded Pockets

It may or may not bother you. I ran cotton in my bottom feeders for a while. I just got sick of changing them. The other downside is that, for me, a good cotton wick only lasted a day....at best. If it's in something like a dripper with a microcoil, you can pull the wick, dry burn the coil, and insert a new little bit of cotton. But, your hands have to be clean. For me, !esh is just simpler. It takes a lot longer to build, but I've had 2 coils that lasted a year each. And these weren't shelf-queens....I used them every day. When I did replace them, it was because the coils had worn out and read 1.1ish....they started at .8.

11. zeppo
    • In Omnia Paratus

zeppo Banned

I have just finished building my first coil and wick, in a spheroid. After a couple tries i think i got it, getting 2 ohms on the coil and a lovely vape, i think... I have a cold so taste is having a backseat ride this time sadly. It wasnt as bad/hard as i thought it would be though.

12. Hertz33

Hertz33 EDC Junkie!!!

Just received Kanger's Protank 3.

[​IMG]

Man that thing is beastly. Should've gone with the mini.

[​IMG]

Also not that happy with the vapor production, maybe I'm doing something wrong?

Sent from my vivo Xplay using Tapatalk 2

13. Westerdutch

Westerdutch Loaded Pockets

How much power are you trying to make it go at (aka; whats the resistance on your coils?).

14. mattchef

mattchef Loaded Pockets

[​IMG]

Vision spinner II Aspire tank. Don't have anything to compare it to but seems to be a great combo.

15. Hertz33

Hertz33 EDC Junkie!!!

The coils are 2 Ohms. And the battery I'm working on between 4 & 4.3 volts. But it's seems up to speed now. I'm vaping clouds. Seems like an upgrade from iclear 16 plastic tanks. I'm thinking of getting the Innokin 134 mini.

Sent from my vivo Xplay using Tapatalk 2

16. Westerdutch

Is that 2 ohm per coil in parallel? If so you would be looking at 1ohm combined making the load on your device at about 15 watts (18+ 'calculated' if you ignore voltage sag on fully charged cell). Might be a little bit much for that type of device so it could be that you are just not getting the power and thus heat you are looking for....

17. zeppo
    • In Omnia Paratus

zeppo Banned

this just in

[​IMG]

nicktodorov, bud760 and hal_chase like this.
  18. hal_chase
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

hal_chase EDC Junkie!!!!!

Looks like a Gizmo...assume its a Mech Mod?

19. Westerdutch

Yeah, but iirc Microstick is 18350 whereas the Gizmo is 18500. So Microstick is even smaller.

hal_chase likes this.
  20. zeppo
    • In Omnia Paratus

zeppo Banned

Its a Microstick 18350, it can handle 18500 but it would need another bottom for that, mechanical mod yeah, its not unlike the Gizmo 17mm

hal_chase likes this.