1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

eCigs anyone?

Discussion in 'Other Every Day Carry Items' started by Sodacose, Oct 24, 2012.

1. RacerX

RacerX Loaded Pockets

Nope, my glasses are actual prescriptions :)

madjoe86, Gollum24601 and mu®t13 like this.
  2. RacerX

RacerX Loaded Pockets

No worries. I had a bad day, and the first thing I thought of was Charlie Daniels' line "He's a-one o'them long-hair, hippie-type, pinko @#$!"

Struck a nerve, you did :)

Gollum24601 likes this.
  3. riot

riot Loaded Pockets

I quit smoking a year ago using an ecig. Still use my Volcano Inferno occasionally.

Sent from my Rezound using TapaTalk 2

Sriracha likes this.
  4. jralabate

jralabate Loaded Pockets

Let me bring this thread back to life!!!!

[​IMG]

From left to right: Full chrome Bolt w/ a Valley View Vapes Jumbo 8ml polypro carto tank. Chrome CCTS w/ a Valley View Vapes 6ml polypro carto tank. And a SS zmax rev. 2 w/ a Valley View Vapes Sidewinder 7ml pyrex carto tank.

5. goosefacer
    • In Omnia Paratus

goosefacer EDC Junkie!!!!!

What are the knobs on the sides of the tanks? I used a tank for a bit, but didn't like it. Wondering if the knobs do something with the tank performance....

6. Anonymous Romanian

Anonymous Romanian Loaded Pockets

I can confirm the myth that PG keeps colds and flu away. Been vaping PG all winter and riding my bike in cold weather and nothing happened, most of my colleagues got a cold or the flu.
    I cannot say the same about VG though, it gives me a sore throat (maybe from too much bacteria accumulating?)

7. jralabate

jralabate Loaded Pockets

They are screws used to refill the tank

Sent from my NS4G powered by Helly Bean

goosefacer likes this.
  8. MedusaOblongata

MedusaOblongata Loaded Pockets

Nothing special here, just KGO battery with Vivi Nova Mini tank.

9. Rubert32

Rubert32 Empty Pockets

Just a normal volcano ecig.

10. Anonymous Romanian

Anyone using the Kanger CC? What is your opinion on it? I like it because it is very low maintenance, the coils are cheap and the vapors are up to par with my needs.

11. Jaiofspam

Jaiofspam Loaded Pockets

i quit smoking almost 2yrs ago when my first daughter was born... still crave smoking till this day due to habit. its extremely difficult when im working on guns, sharpening knives etc. i just purchased an ego-c w/ ec4 clearomizer kit and 0nic juice (menthol & honeydew) to hopefully calm my nerves when im doing detailed work.

Justinicus likes this.
  12. jralabate

jralabate Loaded Pockets

I just use cartos.

13. yukon2004

yukon2004 Loaded Pockets

I had no idea all of this stuff existed. I've only tried the Blu e-cig, and didn't care for it at all.

14. Anonymous Romanian

now i am vaping Dekang Juicy peach

jralabate likes this.
  15. jralabate

jralabate Loaded Pockets

I DIY all my own juices.

Justinicus likes this.
  16. marsos52

marsos52 Loaded Pockets

6 months since i last smoked analogs, and 2 months nicotine free, and i owe it all to vaping.

my edc ecig is a zmax with a j tank and a sr carto. vaping about 4.5 volts. i also drip with a puresmoker legacy (18650) and/or a super mini GLV (rcr123)
    with a empire 1.5 atty

juice i mainly use ry4 and 555, and i have a few others i use from time to time

17. evolutionglitch
    • In Omnia Paratus

evolutionglitch Loaded Pockets

OK, so I am teh n00b sauce... Would someone point me to an easy place to learn all about what I need, should have, and should want in a rig. My goals would be mixing my own liquids to get non-nicotine juice in a variety of flavors. I would probably vape less then a chain smoker but more than you average smoker (i work in a garage). 18650's for batteries would be great for me as they are my primary battery light. Someone, please, make this easier for me... I know, its not hard... But everything is easier when you you know how :)

18. yoitsBUSS

yoitsBUSS Loaded Pockets

Haven't smoked a full cigarette in 4 months now thanks to e-cigs! You'd think that buying all this gear would be super expensive, but seeing as I was smoking a pack of day I've actually saved money while amassing this collection. Been DIYing for the past two months, and have come up w/ quite a few tasty flavors :)

[​IMG]

As far as gear goes, the main pieces shown are:

- VAMO w/ 18650 for home and 350 for EDC
    - Quartz tank w/ Smoketek XL cart on the VAMO for EDC
    - 2 twists (one Vision 900 and one Joyetech 650) for stealth/when I know I'm getting drunk and can't afford to lose/break my quartz tank or VAMO
    - 2 Phoenix rebuildable atomizers for drip-testing flavors
    - Thermovape Revolution DART for..."essential oils"

Totally in love w/ the VAMO! So much, in fact, that I've ended up EDCing it almost everywhere over the past month. Took awhile to get over the lightsaber in my pocket, but it's worth it :)

The DIY forums at E-Cigarette Forums (LINK) are your best source of info for getting into DIY liquids. If you're mixing zero-nic juice, everything is going to be very simple. You can just go get a bottle of PG/VG (just make sure it's USP certified) from any local pharmacy, and get a bunch of flavors from one of the many online shops that sell them for vaping. I like One Stop DIY for flavors (LINK), but there are plenty of options. If you have any other questions just post em up, sounds like there's a couple of us here that DIY their liquids!

If you have extra 18650 batteries and aren't trying to drop a ton of cash on a Provari, I would look no further than the VAMO. Get the stainless steel version if you can find it, and make sure that it has the new version endcap on it w/ the extended spring. The first run of them had issues w/ battery wiggle, so the second version they made the spring bigger. As far as the carts go, I'd suggest getting a rebuildable atomizer for drip-testing flavors (I really like my Phoenix Attys, and they're super affordable), and then a tank setup for vaping them once you find flavors you like. There are a million options for this and it's all personal preference, so just start digging through the E-cig forums I linked.

19. clutchjunkie

clutchjunkie Loaded Pockets

I used to be in the DIY forums on ECF all the time, I posted a few circuits I came up with for variable voltage and I was working on an Arduino powered mod. I vaped for a little over a year, no analogs since I started, and then finally broke away from everything around summer of last year. I made my own juice too, but I drew the line at making my own atty's.

I still keep an ego with an LR atty in the glove box in case I am around a bunch of smokers or someone wants to know more about ecigs, but I really don't vape anymore. I can honestly say it worked for me.

yoitsBUSS and MedusaOblongata like this.
  20. littlequick
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

littlequick EDC junkie

My friend Tay has some of these, I'll ask her how it's turning it out.