1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

eCigs anyone?

Discussion in 'Other Every Day Carry Items' started by Sodacose, Oct 24, 2012.

1. Sodacose

Sodacose Loaded Pockets

Didn't think of that; you make a good point. Openly supporting eCigs would be tantamount to admitting the dangers of tobacco. Though I'm not so naive as to think eCigs are completely healthy and harmless (the fun stuff never is), I've no doubt "big tobacco" feels threatened and has a hand in at least some of the negative publicity.

From an anecdotal and non-medical point of view though, I feel better now than when I was still smoking.

2. Warfusion
    • In Omnia Paratus

Warfusion Loaded Pockets

Opinion time. I want to get my mom to stop smoking will this help her or :censored: her over in the long run?

3. MedusaOblongata

MedusaOblongata Loaded Pockets

If she wants to stop smoking, this is likely to help a lot. It's much healthier and cheaper. Of all of the smoking alternatives, it's the easiest to transition to. Even if she doesn't completely quit, but just switches to an ecig, it's a lot better for her.

4. RacerX

RacerX Loaded Pockets

I vape, but not tobacco... ;)

5. CatherineM
    • In Omnia Paratus

CatherineM Loaded Pockets

Hippie

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Anonymous Romanian

Anonymous Romanian Loaded Pockets

I have recently switched to vaping. I just use an ego-t 1100 mah battery with a 2.5 ml clearomiser with cheap and easy to change atomisers (apparently these are the top dog here). I hope I got the terminology right.
    I started with menthol since I had been smoking Marlboro menthols, but I am starting to research tastes. For example melon is very similar to melon hookahs and I can dig the smooth taste compared to the menthol but it's lower on nicotine. I'd like to try Redbull or coffee. Anyone tried those? I am more a fan of Dekang than Liqua when it comes to vaping liquid.

7. nicktodorov

nicktodorov Loaded Pockets

If you like the fruit flavors, then definitely try grape and cherry. My most favorite flavor is Dekang's Cherry.
    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

8. evolutionglitch
    • In Omnia Paratus

evolutionglitch Loaded Pockets

Are there an nicotine free options out there? I feel like there should be for people like me... if I could be vaping a flavored mist as apposed to eating a candy bar, I'd be a lot better off. :) But I don't want to pick up a habit that has health problems like smoking or even just a chemical addiction like nicotine. Any thoughts?

9. Eyebedam

Eyebedam Loaded Pockets

You can get 0nic ejuice from juice vendors. I've dropped my Nic down quite a bit. I helps with keeping the hand to mouth fixation from smoking. You could always just chew a piece of gum instead of that candy bar.

10. lekvar

lekvar Loaded Pockets

Last I read (about a year ago) the the quality control issue was bad enough that juices labeled "nicotine-free" were often found to have nicotine when tested in the lab. That may have changed; I hope so, because I think I would like a puff now and again without havin to worry about feeding my addiction now that I'm finally nicotine-free myself.

11. Anonymous Romanian

I have notices 3 interesting flavors: cotton candy, roasted coffee and pepper. Anybody tried these? The coffee thing is from Heaven's Gifts not Dekang and my vendor says on the site that it shortens the life of the atomizer if vapped alone.

12. Aleister

Aleister Loaded Pockets

Propylen Glycol is not Diethylene Glycol! ;)

mpi and nicktodorov like this.
  13. Koala3

Koala3 Loaded Pockets

I stand corrected. So, are there actually any health negatives with the eCigs?

14. evolutionglitch
    • In Omnia Paratus

evolutionglitch Loaded Pockets

Does nicotine count as a health positive or negative? It's good for the heart but it is addictive and I thought it was carcinogenic, but I could be wrong. Oh yeah, and it'll kill you in really small doses. :p

15. CatherineM
    • In Omnia Paratus

85% of schizophrenics smoke because nicotine helps with their cognitive functioning. It helps so much that they are doing a big research project in Germany looking at using nicotine as a first line medicine.

One of the biggest issues with schizophrenics is keeping them on their medicine. When the mental hospitals here went smokeless, it became a real problem. No one wanted to voluntarily commit themselves, and those in forensics are much harder to handle. Even worse is that they get their meds balanced in the absence of nicotine and start smoking the second they leave the hospital which instantly puts their meds out of balance. My husband tried to convince the Province to supply the mental hospitals with nicotine patches, but that didn't get far.

Luckily for my husband, he's one of the 15% that doesn't smoke. I didn't mind marrying a schizophrenic, but if he'd been a smoker, that would have been a deal breaker.

SThr and Sriracha like this.
  16. Warfusion
    • In Omnia Paratus

Warfusion Loaded Pockets

I'm going to have to give it a try then.

17. RacerX

RacerX Loaded Pockets

I'm about as far away from being a "hippie" as you can get...

Some of the stereotypes in this country never cease to amaze me.

madjoe86 and New_Pollution1086 like this.
  18. Anonymous Romanian

I think the correct term is not hippie but hipster :p

Gollum24601 likes this.
  19. CatherineM
    • In Omnia Paratus

I was teasing. I also call my husband that when his hair gets longer than two inches.

Gollum24601 and Justinicus like this.
  20. Stoke

Stoke Loaded Pockets

Even if one in ten of all e-cig users blew up and decapacitated the owner on the spot, it would still be safer than tobacco cigarettes ^_^

I used to vape now'n then, but sadly returned to the tobacco. The only danger about e-cigs that I know about, is the risk of fungus in the lungs, if you smoke it too often. But even that could just be a myth.