1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

eCigs anyone?

Discussion in 'Other Every Day Carry Items' started by Sodacose, Oct 24, 2012.

1. kapolani

kapolani Loaded Pockets

So...

Still digging the Vamo, but would like to get a device that is a little smaller and more portable. Would like to have decent charge so it would last a day of moderate vaping. Plus, would like to get a backup piece.

Ideally, I would like to have the ability to use clearo's and carts with the device. Maybe even a drip tip if possible.

Anybody have one they would like to recommend?

2. Feedbacker

Feedbacker Loaded Pockets

1300mAh ego knock off from fasttech? It would work with what you need, and should easily last you a day.

3. Avenal

Avenal Loaded Pockets

You can take the sleeve off the Vamo and use a single 18350 battery. Makes the mod shorter.

4. marsos52

marsos52 Loaded Pockets

vape mail today

[​IMG]

5. Nkelly226

Nkelly226 Loaded Pockets

What's a good but cheap vape to start with ? I don't and haven't ever really smoked but I kinda want to try vaping but don't know if I want to try ones w nicotine sense I've never really smoked (only a handful of times prob no more than 8times) does it sound stupid that I want to try vaping ? And what would be something good to try ?

6. Jaiofspam

Jaiofspam Loaded Pockets

vaping like a boss at the office after hours :)

start off with an ego or clone starter kit... they can be had for about $20+- online and come with a clearo + usb charger. head to your nearest vape shop to sample juices if possible. if youve never really smoked before and have no need for nic theres no reason to get juice with it ;)

Nkelly226, Feedbacker and Avenal like this.
  7. Feedbacker

^ That's the same thing I did. I still have and use the battery and USB charger, and keep the CE4 that came in the kit as a spare. If I had to do it all over again I'd do the same thing. That was a great way to start using an ecig, and lightyears ahead of the cig-a-likes I'd tried previously.

8. Nkelly226

Nkelly226 Loaded Pockets

I'd looked at ego clones on dx where would you recommend me looking online I've never really searched and tbh idk of any local vape shops around here Alabama sucks lol

9. derfyled

derfyled Loaded Pockets

In Canada, we can buy cheap disposable nicotine-free e-cig in almost any convenience store, I'm sure you must have those in USA too ? That would be a good start to know if you like vaping. About nicotine, if you are not a smoker, DON'T START! You just can't imagine how addictive this stuff is...

10. Jaiofspam

Jaiofspam Loaded Pockets

i wouldnt recommend the disposables for a non smoker looking to get into vaping...
    1) they have nic
    2) theyre horrible

sure vaping is associated with smoking cigs & pot but i consider it an entirely different thing more closely related to the hobby of hooka'ing. you can get 0nic and pure vg juice in hundreds of flavors vape to your hearts content for pure fun all while being totally non addictive ;)

Nkelly226 likes this.
  11. kapolani

kapolani Loaded Pockets

Time to put up or shut up, right?
    [​IMG]

Switched out to a new flavor!

RY4 12mg nic. I don't get that tickle in the back of the throat as I did with 18mg, allowing me to take a deeper puff and get more flavor.

To switch, I washed out the Protank with hot water, wiped off the head as best I could, let it all air dry, then filled.

I figured the first couple of puffs would taste weird until the new juice saturated the wick.

RY4 is the bomb! Got it from myfreedomsmokes. Good juice makes a hell of a difference. Not saying the banana was bad, just not as good as this. Subtle hint of tabacco with a caramel finish. I may even taste some vanilla, not sure. I do know, however, that I'll be puffing on this one for a while.

I already see a potential problem that all vapers go through. Collecting ejuice that you will probably never use again.

Feedbacker, Nkelly226 and Jaiofspam like this.
  12. derfyled

derfyled Loaded Pockets

The one sold here are nicotine free. I tasted the cherry one and honestly, it was not bad at all...
    http://vapurvap.ca/

13. Jaiofspam

Jaiofspam Loaded Pockets

youre average truck stop disposable ecig is not and thats what i was referring to + its not economical :)
    if you didnt think that was bad... youre missing out on a whole lot of real deal vaping with whats avaiable on the market right now ;)

14. derfyled

derfyled Loaded Pockets

You're right about the economical part. That was just a suggestion to someone that want to test if they like vaping.

I didn't said it was the best, I said it is not bad. I personally use a Vamo with a Protank or a vivi nova and I most have 20+ different juices... For portable stuff or as a backup, I use an Ecab with a long wick clearomizer.

Jaiofspam likes this.
  15. marsos52

marsos52 Loaded Pockets

I have found vaping only one flavor for a period of time is not the best thing. after a bit I can't taste the juice. when this happens I just switch flavors so my taste buds start
    working again. I find when this happens I go for a menthol vape and that brings me back.

kkay likes this.
  16. Feedbacker

Once I found the flavor I liked, I never bothered with anything else. I've got so many little half-full bottles of stuff my wife rolls her eyes when I say I need to swing by a vapor shop for a refill.

17. MedusaOblongata

MedusaOblongata Loaded Pockets

I've got a lot of half-full bottles also. When I run out of the flavors I like, I still have those. It's better than going back to cigarettes.

valhalla likes this.
  18. marsos52

marsos52 Loaded Pockets

I never let ejuices just sit, if I get a flavor im not found of I just mix it with something I like.

19. Jaiofspam

Jaiofspam Loaded Pockets

some juices get better as they sit

20. Feedbacker

[​IMG]

Really been enjoying this setup for the past couple days, but the Vivi Nova leaks SO MUCH I think I'm gonna trash it. Pretty disappointing really, aside from the leaking it was pleasant.

Aleister and jralabate like this.