1. Please update your bookmarks to use https://www.edcforums.com/
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Echo Nine M-Holder Review

Discussion in 'Gear Reviews' started by Journo, Jul 20, 2017.

1. Journo
    • +1 Supporter

Journo Loaded Pockets

So I did a review of my One Tigris Tactical ID Holder and now I have a Echo Niner M-Holder (ID and Badge holder).

I got this in the post last week and I was mega excited, after trying to use it for a week I am unsure if I like it or not. But, first the specs as they say on their website:

The E9 M-Holder is a multi feature ID and Badge holder. The M-Holder features:

Colors: Urban Black, Coyote, Grey and Multicam

2pcs of 3.5" x 5" Panels with 8 rivets on each

1 panel has a transparent ID pocket with hook material backing. This panel also has a pen holder.

1 panel has loop fabric on both sides with die cuts to accommodate holding a badge

34" of color matched paracord

Similar to the One Tigris holder it is a male and female velcro section sandwiched together, one side has a clear window to hold an ID and (unlike the OT Holder) the other side features a panel of female velcro which you can attach badges or patches to (I've put on a 3M PRESS patch).

I liked it when it arrived, it has a slimmer profile than the OT holder, however there is something I cannot put my finger on but I just do not like it as much as the OT holder (maybe I would if it was in black). The paracord seemed to be too short (which I know I could fix).

Here are the photos (the E9 M-Holder is in multicam, the One Tigris holder is black)
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Witty Comment

MCPOWoller and ArkansasFan30 like this.
  2. Journo
    • +1 Supporter

Journo Loaded Pockets

UPDATE: After a few weeks of using this I would say I am sold, it now sits daily in my back pocket (when it's not around my neck) and it has a nice slim profile. All I keep in it is my credentials, a spare £20 note and a business card. The big plus is that it does not turn around of its own accord like some other ID holders, whichever side you decide should face out stays facing out meaning your credentials or badge are always on display.

The velcro on the back means I can display my 3M PRESS patch when I am at demonstrations where I do not want people copying down my details from my press ID (which has happened a few times recently).

I don't really use the pen holder for pens, but I do put the paracord in there when it's in my back pocket.

I am a little unsure about the multicam, but I think I can live with it.

ArkansasFan30 likes this.
  3. Journo
    • +1 Supporter

Journo Loaded Pockets

So here we are a few months later and I have realised I can use it in landscape mode. It's in my back pocket now, and all the time. The only time it's not in my pocket is when it's around my neck (or I'm in the shower)...

I also turned the PRESS patch sideways and it fits my ID much better...

[​IMG]

ArkansasFan30 likes this.
  4. ArkansasFan30

ArkansasFan30 Loaded Pockets

Cool. I'm mostly replying to again be the first and only respondent. I like the gear, and the press pass looks important and official.

It makes me think of something Tina Fey would've worn in Whiskey Tango Foxtrot...after she adjusted and dumped the bright, red backpack.

MCPOWoller and Journo like this.
  5. Journo
    • +1 Supporter

Journo Loaded Pockets

Thanks for the reply! It was starting to get lonely in here!

Loved that film, I might make my assistant watch it, she came into the newsroom with a bright red backpack last week...

6. firemedic183

firemedic183 Loaded Pockets

I am working as a paramedic for a hospital based agency and was recently issued an ID badge that must be displayed...Definitely considering this ID holder.

Journo and MCPOWoller like this.
  7. Journo
    • +1 Supporter

Journo Loaded Pockets

I think it's great, let us know if you do end up getting one.

firemedic183 likes this.
  8. firemedic183

firemedic183 Loaded Pockets

I ended up going with the One Tigris ID holder. It was on Amazon and less expensive and I am sure it will work great!! Thank you for your post and review!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Journo likes this.
  9. Journo
    • +1 Supporter

Journo Loaded Pockets

Good to hear, they are just as good!

firemedic183 likes this.