1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Eberlestock

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by Staubachkid, Oct 6, 2015.

1. Staubachkid

Staubachkid Loaded Pockets

Has anybody ever bought or used Eberlestock gear? They have a bag they fits everything I need and was wanting some reviews on it.

2. Mudinyeri

Mudinyeri Loaded Pockets

I used to be a dealer.

Lifetime warranty. The owner uses his own gear.

Which bag are you looking at?

3. Longbow_06

Longbow_06 Banned

I have one. It's posted in the Evil Black rifle thread, I think. If not, I can post a pic for you. Its a good pack, but weighs 10 pound empty. Seriously.
    I have the Phantom.

4. saniterra

saniterra Loaded Pockets

I have the Eberlerstock J107 Dragonfly. Seems an odd name as it weights 9 lbs. empty. But it can be configured to range in capacity from about 2000 to 7000 cu. in., not including the built in rifle scabbard. You can comfortably load that thing up - as far as your shoulders and back feel - until your legs fail or your hip sockets feel as if they are going to wear completely through your pelvic bone. The pack itself, belts, straps, buckles, etc., are way tougher than an old boot.

Mudinyeri likes this.
  5. Staubachkid

No specific bag right now but I like what I hear so far! Longbow I'd love to see it homie!

6. Mudinyeri

Mudinyeri Loaded Pockets

From my personal collection:

Terminator (Currently listed for sale in my BST thread)
    [​IMG]

MiniMe
    [​IMG]

MiniMe with Scabbard (Scabbard currently for sale in my BST thread)
    [​IMG]

I also have one of the original Gunslinger packs but can't find a pic.

7. Lane DeCamp

Lane DeCamp Loaded Pockets

As actual feedback ...

The bags are tough, close to being on a par with Mystery Ranch. Materials, stitching, and finishing are all high quality. Eberlestock is much more creative in its designs than, say, Mystery Ranch, which has winning designs but is reluctant to veer from them. Their suspension system is a bit of a hybrid -- not quite like Mystery Ranch which tends to put the load on your hips, nor like TAD or Goruck that puts it squarely on your shoulders. I've found the trick to Eberlestock packs is to shape the frame enough so the pack basically conforms to your back well, and then let the shoulders carry most of the load. Many of their packs are without waist belt or with a minimal one (largely useless in terms of actual load support -- just there to keep the pack from swinging around too much), reflecting this design philosophy.

I'd also observe that while Mystery Ranch is great for load carrying, their packs don't work as well with very big lumpy items -- long guns, large pieces of rope, tools, etc. Eberlestock is almost designed around those -- reflected in their popularity among hunters, bowmen, etc. However, there are many working applications -- such as military, wildfires, tactical medical, and so on -- where their packs just don't fit the bill as well. Mostly this is simply because Mystery Ranch and others have developed specialized lines in partnership with major user groups -- this is an old tradition going back to when Dana Gleeson provided pack prototypes to NOLS instructors to beat up and provide feedback on.

I'm tempted to say that Eberlestock has become rather focused on the hunting and bow markets, and tailor their packs for those users. One sees Eberlestock packs with tactical response teams among the long gun users, but not as much elsewhere. If you're on that side of the field, you may have a great pack in an Eberlestock. They've moved -- like everyone has -- into smaller EDC packs, and those are pretty nicely made. I think Arcteryx uses slightly better fabrics and assembly methods, but Eberlestock is at least as good on those small packs as Mystery Ranch and better than Goruck. The smaller Eberlestock packs also took a lesson from what Goruck did and what MR didn't do, and design their packs around modern living -- i.e., ability to pack away a notebook computer and water.

I like Eberlestock and would have no hesitations recommending them. It's too bad there aren't more around for people to be acquainted with their quality and innovative designs. If you want to consider one, just be sure it matches the application you have -- once again, they are slightly specialized in how they were designed.

8. Mudinyeri

Mudinyeri Loaded Pockets

This is the most important statement in Lane's post.

Eberlestock has two basic lines of packs - tactical and hunting. If you attend a Precision Rifle Series event, you'll see scads of Eberlestock packs because their packs were designed to carry rifles (originally for biathlon).

As a former dealer, I have experience across their entire product line. They have released a couple new bags that I haven't used personally but I've used just about every other pack they offer.

Feel free to ask questions.

9. ppfd

ppfd Loaded Pockets

First, resale is horrible. I've owned 4 different Estock bags and got about half of what I paid for them
    They are well built and organization is superb.

I'd recommend you figure out which one you want, then google that pack.
    Results are mixed as far as comfort, durability, and warranty service.
    And they are made overseas

Personally, if you need a heavy duty pack, I'd look used Kifaru or Mystery Ranch. You might pay a little more but, the quality and service is top shelf.

10. Mudinyeri

Mudinyeri Loaded Pockets

Resale in the right place is excellent. They won't sell well on here but there are places where good, used bags sell at near-new prices.

Comfort, obviously, is going to be specific to the individual. The harness on most Eberlestock bags allows for considerable adjustment, however.

As a former dealer, Eberlestock's warranty service was always top-notch.

I have nothing against Kifaru or Mystery Ranch but Eberlestock makes an excellent product and stands behind it 100%.

11. rcw357

rcw357 Loaded Pockets

first off, I have never owned Eberlestock, so take discount my comments appropriately as they are, all 2nd hand.

There was a great review on edcforums of the eberlestock halftrack:
    http://edcforums.com/threads/eberlestock-halftrack-review-after-three-years-of-use.122921/

On the bushcraftusa website, there is a strong following of eberlestock, particularly the halftrack. I mention this because of the comments about gearing towards hunting or long rifle. I am not saying that is wrong, the poster seems much more informed than me, I just wanted to add that there are groups of dedicated people using this for bushcraft.

Again, I have never used their products, but some of the facebook pictures by eberlestock and their fan page had loads that I cringe at with a great support system, nevermind a shoulder based one. So I think at least some of the packs are hip oriented. Or the people using them are cyborgs. Estock has videos explaining the way to adjust the pack.

It also seems that estock underrates their volume, so thats cool. I do plan on getting a halftrack eventually.

Oh one other thing about the owner, he went to dartmouth, was an airforce pilot, and was a US olympian. He invented a stock that shaved lbs off the biatholon rifle and it became the standard stock for olympians (I think, I know nothing about biatholon). My point is, that he does care about weight, so if his packs are heavy, he thinks its worth it.

If this sounds like press for them, sorry.

12. PiterM

PiterM Loaded Pockets

Gh0st likes this.
  13. Mingecutter

Mingecutter Empty Pockets

I have a Halftrack and love it. It's not my lightest pack, by any means, but it's bombproof and the harness system is top notch.

14. RocketRacoon

RocketRacoon Loaded Pockets

I got a new Eberlestock B1 Combat Office and H7 Dagger in a trade. I haven't had a chance to use the H7 Dagger yet, but it looks to be just fine as a small hydration carrier for short hikes.

As for the B1 Combat Office it has some nice features, but it's a mixed bag as far as execution goes. I love the organizational aspects and there was quite a bit of thought put into it, but not everything was executed well. The most notable negatives are the shoulder strap and the CCW pouch. The shoulder strap is quite frankly a piece of crap. The cushion is small and the overall strap is low quality. The CCW pocket was a great idea with a magnetic closure to provide silent access, but with no velcro or molle straps to attach a holster inside of the pocket your firearm is basically naked in there. I guess it's a great "secret compartment" but as a described CCW pocket it was not well executed. The laptop compartment could have better cushioning and the Velcro tab closure for the large/center compartment is small and cheap. It also doesn't have a waist strap making it more of a strict briefcase type versus a messenger type bag. While those are not really deal breakers for my application of use, it may be a big detriment to others.

I use the B1 Combat Office as my EDC office bag, but I do carry a GGG Coffin Slingpack as my EDC lite pack along with it.

Eberlestock seems to have a strong following in the hunting community so I assume they excel in that market. While I enjoy using the B1 Combat Office as my office EDC bag it might not be the best option for everyone.

15. Kontour

Kontour Loaded Pockets

16. Staubachkid

Thanks for the feedback guys! I believe this is the pack I will be going with.

17. Chiles

Chiles Loaded Pockets

18. Staubachkid

There are just so many to choose from! lol