1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Eating Utensil EDC?

Discussion in 'Other Every Day Carry Items' started by jegrundh, Dec 18, 2012.

1. jegrundh

jegrundh Loaded Pockets

Hey everyone, I haven't posted on here in a long time but my EDC kits have been getting a lot more use, and looking at investing a bit more in having a nice eating kit. I currently have a nice snow peak chopstick set, a TI-spork, etc. but looking to get a nice fork/knife/spoon set as well, as usually what i bring for lunch takes more then a sport to eat. Snowpeak sells a really nice all metal set that I wouldn't mind getting, didn't know if anyone had a pic of the set with any maxpedition organizers? I have the normal EDC one and looking at the specs the set should fit (6.5" long) but was wondering if anyone got it in either the micro or mini?

Thanks all, glad to be back with the community :)

2. batteur
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

batteur Loaded Pockets

I don’t know this Snow Peak cutlery, and I have neither a MP micro nor a mini. But as an alternative I just want to throw in the ring this Esbit cutlery.

3. jegrundh

jegrundh Loaded Pockets

Thanks batteur, Esbit is def. a nice company (I have their pocket stove and was def. impressed by the quality), however looking at the length of the utensil set it's just over 7" which is a 1/2" longer then the snow peak ones are, I'm trying to decrease bulk/weight so anything from 5-6.5" is what I'm hoping for! Here's the link for the snow peak ones I'm looking at here and due to the fact that it'd match my chopstick set, it'll appease my gear OCD haha

4. jegrundh

jegrundh Loaded Pockets

What the chopsticks and TI-spork look like in my MP organizer right now, size comparison
    [​IMG][​IMG]

5. UrbanWarrior

UrbanWarrior Loaded Pockets

I just recieved two CRKT Eat' N Tools today from Amazon. I wanted something for my MP EDC and this fits in nicely with all the other items I have in there.

6. jegrundh

jegrundh Loaded Pockets

I have one as well, they're pretty nifty, but since for work i bring things like lasagna, etc. I like having a functioning knife/fork setup especially

7. CatherineM
    • In Omnia Paratus

CatherineM Loaded Pockets

I also carry snow peak chopsticks and spork. Actually two sporks because my husband's EDC bag seems to be me.

Tapatalking on my iPhone

HeavyHauler, ran23, fyrefly76 and 6 others like this.
  8. batteur
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

batteur Loaded Pockets

On the german product site there’s a tiny little bit more info: packing dimensions (I guess that’s with that pouch): B 50 × H 180 mm. They say the spoon is 155 mm long, the knife and fork probably too, but I’m not sure.

9. Si_K
    • In Omnia Paratus

Si_K Loaded Pockets

For my eating irons (actually plastic spork) I use a cocoon pouch. The shape is better suited to holdings cutlery (IMHO) and is fairly compact.

10. echo63

echo63 Loaded Pockets

I have a LMF spork in my EDC bag, along with a Sea to Summit TI spork, and a Snowpeak TI Spork (that lives with my snowpeak TI mug)
    I do plan in getting a TI knife fork spoon set from snowpeak eventually (along with a TI plate and bowl)

11. lekvar

lekvar Loaded Pockets

I carry the Snow Peak titanium spork in my lunch kit, but I'm hoping to upgrade to a full cutlery set (plus those neat-looking SP chopsticks) in the new year. Part of me loves the pure impracticality of the Eat'N Tool, but not enough to actually USE one.

foxmo likes this.
  12. metropolicity

metropolicity Loaded Pockets

I have one of those spoon/fork Swiss Army knife knock offs. It splits in two when you deploy the spoon and fork.

I like it for the size, when I worked in an office, it was great

13. Freddo4J

Freddo4J Loaded Pockets

Eat finger foods - the tools are attached to us! All kidding aside this is a great thread. I never really considered EDC eating tools and now I'll get to see what the pros carry. Thanks!

14. Hellz

Hellz Loaded Pockets

I carry a Lifeventure Titanium Spork in my bag. I originally thought it would just be for occasional use, but as it turns out I'm getting to use it all the time. No more forgetting to pick up a plastic fork from the refectory at work :D

15. ac7ss
    • In Omnia Paratus

ac7ss Loaded Pockets

16. tmedina

tmedina EDC Junkie!!!!!

As much as I love my ti spork, I keep a fork and spoon I got from Goodwill at the office for routine eating chores - trying to eat ramen with a spork is comical, but not effective.

That said, I probably will splurge on a ti utensil set, just for giggles, if nothing else.

EtA: http://www.backcountry.com/stoic-ti-3-piece-knife-fork-spoon-set

JayHawk likes this.
  17. indigo_wolf

indigo_wolf AKA Breezy

They list the weight for those, but I really wish they would list the size/length. The description, "Scaled down for easy packing, this flatware set only weighs 38 tiny grams." makes me think that the length is a tad shorter than normal and might not be suitable for those with bear paws or eating with gloves on.

The Snow Peak 3 piece set has long been on my list, but some years ago we stopped in an LL Bean in Maine on the way home and they has the MSR titanium Spoon/Fork set on clearance and I picked them up. Springing for the Snow Peak Set to get a set with a knife would be a bit of a splurge for now.

ATB,
    Sam

18. gibbsrule9
    • Memoria in Aeterna
    • In Omnia Paratus

gibbsrule9 Memoria in Aeterna

I have a Ka-Bar hobo knife but I also like the cocoon pouch/organizer idea. In that I would put a selection of airline cutlery from eBay.

19. tmedina

tmedina EDC Junkie!!!!!

20. indigo_wolf

indigo_wolf AKA Breezy