1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Easy to carry tweezers?

Discussion in 'Other Every Day Carry Items' started by NeverAnonymous, Jun 16, 2012.

1. tinker gnome
    • In Omnia Paratus

tinker gnome Loaded Pockets

Bad idea. Extract tick first, then squeeze it. Otherwise it vomits all kind of dangerous bacteria and germs into the wound while dying. Every procedure like covering the tick with oil, superglue, other adhesives, or burning while still adhered to the victim is strongly advised against. No kidding.

Oh, and disinfect the wound afterwards ...

jag-engr and xbanker like this.
  2. jag-engr
    • Administrator

jag-engr Semper Bufo!
    Staff Member

Very good advice! Get the tick out with as little trauma and stress as possible. A dying or distressed tick can release the contents of its gut back into the wound. You don't want that! Also, check to make sure that you get out the all of the tick's head and mouth. Sometimes pieces of the head and mouth tear off. While these are far less dangerous once they are no longer connected to the bacteria in the tick's gut, they can still cause infection.

Once the tick is out, feel free to induce all manner of trauma and distress to it, though some doctors would recommend putting it in rubbing alcohol and keeping for a while to see what happens with the bite.

3. e2dwml

e2dwml Loaded Pockets

Same for me...Uncle Bill's!!!

deeker likes this.
  4. Blitzkrieg
    • In Omnia Paratus

Blitzkrieg Loaded Pockets

Leatherman Style CS. I usually lose tweezers all over the house but these are clipped to me constantly.

5. mcmc

mcmc Loaded Pockets

Just got my PockeTweez in this week. Amazingly well-made, and definitely a great deal for the price!

kye4some and k.o.milo like this.
  6. streak

streak Loaded Pockets

Just started carrying the Uncle Bill's Sliver Gripper. In less than a week they were called into action twice to remove a splinter and a sting.Really happy with the product.

mooshisho likes this.
  7. esprit

esprit Loaded Pockets

Hello, I am looking for pocketweez for a long time, have not found. Do not know your pocketweez could sell?? Thank you, waiting for your message
    My mailbox esprit12345@outlook.com

8. Small Shiny Objects

Small Shiny Objects Loaded Pockets

I ordered these from Walgreens last year and have been very happy with the purchase.

[​IMG][​IMG]

9. ManVsLawn

ManVsLawn EDC Junkie!!!!!

Sliver grippers are the best tweezers I've found. The Stainless Steel are a lot more springy and grippy than the titanium versions. At that small, the weight difference is quite minimal, so I'd recommend SS.

I've messed with the idea of getting another pair and making them 'flat tipped' as opposed to 'pointy tipped,' their original form.

But they've not failed me yet. Mine have been on my keys for a while and *knocks on wood* no incidents to report.

powerring and KeyeEl like this.
  10. tmedina

tmedina EDC Junkie!!!!!

Stop knocking on wood and you won't have to test your sliver grippers. :D

ManVsLawn and KeyeEl like this.