1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Easy Streamlight Stylus Pro and Microstream customization

Discussion in 'Flashlights & Other Illumination Devices' started by parnass, Dec 25, 2012.

1. parnass

parnass Loaded Pockets

The popular Streamlight Stylus Pro 2AAA penlight is a good performer. Here are a couple of changes I made to my C4 version which make it easier to use.

The barrel has no knurling and slipped through my hands when pressing the tailcap switch. To make the light easier to grip, I installed a segment of heat shrink tubing over a layer of adhesive backed Velcro strip on the battery tube. You could use some grip type tape instead, but these are the materials I had on hand.

My most frequent use of the Stylus Pro is for momentary illumination. The rubber boot covering the tail switch on my light is stiff. I made the switch more sensitive to require less finger pressure to operate momentarily.

I used a hole punch to create a small, circular pad of rubber from a bicycle inner tube. The rubber pad was then used as a shim and installed inside the rubber boot.

The switch customization applies to the C4 version Streamlight Microstream, too.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. ran23
    • In Omnia Paratus

ran23 Loaded Pockets

. . again another reason for some inner tube material. great idea.

3. rm3482

rm3482 Loaded Pockets

I like that idea! I have several of the micro and one of the pens and like them but hate how deep you have to press. I'm going to give this a try tonight!

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

4. rm3482

rm3482 Loaded Pockets

I'm looking at my tail cap and i don't think it unscrews at the very top. Only to remove the batteries. Not sure if I can remove the plastic piece.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

5. parnass

parnass Loaded Pockets

Perhaps you have the original version flashlight instead of the current C4 version. The old version (top) is compared with the current C4 version (bottom) in this photo:

[​IMG]