1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Earrings, anyone?

Discussion in 'Other Every Day Carry Items' started by TheRussianNextDoor, Apr 17, 2013.

1. TheRussianNextDoor

TheRussianNextDoor Loaded Pockets

Greetings my fellow EDCites.

Today I am reaching out for advice, as I, your favorite Russian, am in need of it. But anyway, I feel like I want to get my ears pierced and I was wondering what kind to get, so for all of you ear pierced men out there, what kind of earrings do you wear? And so they can also get in on the fun, ladies, what is your favorite set of earrings (because we all know you have more then one)?

Sent from my Nokia using Telepathy.

2. mooshi
    • In Omnia Paratus

mooshi Loaded Pockets

I have 2 cartilage piercings on my right ear, a set of lobe piercings, and I plan on getting another set of lobe ones.

On the left I usually wear an ear cuff of sorts. Sometimes with a chain. :)

3. lekvar

lekvar Loaded Pockets

I got my ears pierced back in the Dark Ages when all we had available to us was the piercing gun. I strongly suggest you avoid them, and instead get your ears professionally pierced by a knowledgeable professional. It will likely heal more quickly and have less chance of rejection. To begin with, start with captive-bead ring. They are inexpensive, easy to remove (but can be difficult to replace) and, most importantly for your first piercing, easy to clean and take care of.

Edited to add: two rings (formerly three) in the left lobe, one (formerly two) in the right lobe, two in the cartilage of each ear for a total of seven (formerly nine) holes in my ears.

4. Mighty Max
    • In Omnia Paratus

Mighty Max Loaded Pockets

You're such a rebel mooshi. I used to think you were all innocent and stuff :rolleyes:

NeverAnonymous likes this.
  5. mooshi
    • In Omnia Paratus

mooshi Loaded Pockets

hahaha :) I'm still the same mooshi. I probably just don't look the way you think I do. :p

6. Mighty Max
    • In Omnia Paratus

Mighty Max Loaded Pockets

Same mooshi, just more bad@$$ than I thought. We're going to have to go find someone to rumble with when we get together :p maybe some socs
    Stay gold mooshi

NeverAnonymous, Oaklington and mooshi like this.
  7. amacman
    • In Omnia Paratus

amacman Loaded Pockets

Left lobe and left cartilage are pierced. Steel captive bead rings in each.

8. Myth90045

Myth90045 Loaded Pockets

I think it may be safe to have your left ear pierced. Back when I was dating the wifey I had three on my left and two in my right ear. And the ever so popular nose stud. Now. Nothing. Lol

But wifey made out good. She got my diamond earrings. :p

Sent from inside my bag

lekvar likes this.
  9. nuphoria

nuphoria Loaded Pockets

The main ones I wear are 4mm thick so I got some nice Ti captive bead ones. Keeps the weight down so as not to stretch my lobes even more!

10. Haka

Haka Loaded Pockets

Left ear: white gold hoop (about 10mm diameter)
    Right ear: 1/2" Gorilla Glass smoke black glass plug
    Both nipples: titanium straight barbells
    (retired) helix: medical grade steel barbell

11. Municipal_Jedi

Municipal_Jedi Loaded Pockets

I'm going to echo what lekvar said, go to a professional piercer not the kiosk at the mall. If you're going to do standard lobe piercings I would say go for a smaller gauge (smaller numbers larger thickness). I wear 10g in my ears and they look "normal" and can take everything I've put up against them, the larger gauges 18 and up may have a tendency to bend under some stresses. Make sure whatever you use you clean thoroughly for the first week or so.

Haka likes this.
  12. Here Comes The BOOM

Here Comes The BOOM EDC Junkie!!!!!

3 holes in my right ear. They used to be filled with rings and a .22 air-riffle dart hanging from the bottom one, lol. Lets just say we do really stupid things sometimes as teenagers :rolleyes:

I've been too practical to wear any jewelery at all for a decade or two almost now, but the bloody holes don't seem to close :mad:

13. Aleister

Aleister Loaded Pockets

I have two holes in my left ear's lobe for about 25 years. Last time I wore earrings was more than five years ago (those days I also had long enough hair to insert into my back pocket if I wanted :D ), the holes are still open though.

I don't know how it's done today, but then professionals used cheap gold plated earrings in a pistol-like device to pierce your ear, the problem was that the plating was lasting for only fifteen to twenty days while you were supposed to keep the earrings on for at least thirty days... After twenty days, if you haven't changed them with real gold earrings, your ear was starting to swell.

So, if things now are the same as then, I suggest you search for a professional that can pierce your ear with a real gold earring. Twist it many times every day, keep it on for at least two months and then switch to silver or whatever you like. Back then, we also used an ointment called Terramycin for 30-60 days.

14. kertap75

kertap75 EDC Junkie!!!!!

I used to wear one in each ear. Just sorta got out of the habit and they closed. I want to get a thicker gauge piercing but my job only allows me to wear studs, do I have to find something that will work

15. don Roberto

don Roberto Loaded Pockets

Left earlobe pierced 20-odd years ago as a sort of "**** you, I WILL survive this" after the end of a catastrophic relationship. I'm trying to look a little more conventional at work these days, so I don't wear any of my studs in it, as a rule.

I also have a ring in the upper part (orbit?) of the cartilage of my left ear. I'm more reluctant to ditch that one because my now-wife and I got matching ones to symbolize a partnership we have that's distinct from our romantic relationship.

Of the two, I know the ring is the less conventional (sucker hurt more, too!), whereas the stud would more likely be accepted/ignored, but the ring is more meaningful for me, so I continue to wear it and skip the stud for an irreducible minimum of unconventionality. If I get a job interview, it'll probably come out briefly.

16. gflack

gflack Loaded Pockets

I have one ring in each ear and wear a single hoop in each. I am currently deciding whether to get small gauges or stick it my current holes and get diamond studs. I have titanium ball studs I wear from time to time but the backs don't stay on well.

17. themadplumbarian

themadplumbarian Loaded Pockets

I have two 10ga solid titanium hourseshoes in each ear, at once I did have five, two in the bottom and three in the top, but it was to much and ended up taking all the upper ones out. JR

18. GADGET982

GADGET982 Loaded Pockets

8 gauge steel CBR in each earlobe. Had them since I was 18.

19. UrbanWarrior

UrbanWarrior Loaded Pockets

I got my left ear pierced when I was 18 at the mall then when I was 25 I got my right ear pierced as a Bday gift from a coworker from some lady she knew that did piercing.

I own all kinds of diamond earrings big and small and I own a pair of Platium hoop earrings that was a Bday gift years ago from a friend.

But now I like to wear a pair of 14k gold hoops I bought myself three years ago for my Bday.

I used to be into buying earrings and changing them often but now I wear only the gold hoops. I feel naked without earrings in my ears when I leave the house. I used to wear multiple chains and rings but as I got older (36) now I just wear my wedding band and my diamond ring my wife bought me before we got married. I love gold jewelry and I can not wear fake gold because it will break me out.

20. NeverAnonymous
    • In Omnia Paratus

NeverAnonymous Loaded Pockets

I got some size 8 gauges in right now... Might size up today though. 6 will definitely be the biggest I go though. I got mine done in the park (by Alex Hanson, member her?) with a sewing needle. I was crazy lol. But to start just get some studs bro!

Take2 likes this.