1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Eagle Ranger Medic Pack best EDC bag i have ever owned!

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by RFA3, Aug 28, 2010.

1. Reaper_one_1

Reaper_one_1 Loaded Pockets

Here is a pic I took after work.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Pete3 and bigfoot like this.
  2. Pete3

Pete3 Loaded Pockets

3. Reaper_one_1

Yes, its the same bag. It might look funny with the white shirt but I wear that under my uniform so I did the pic right after work. Once the straps were adjusted it fits perfectly. It is still small but perfect for a medic bag or range bag. I will take it on vacation to FL and AL with me for sure.

4. Kontour

Kontour Loaded Pockets

So apparently during the time it took me to get back to First Spear about my shipping stuff (2 days) they have sold all the packs and I've been informed I'm going to have to wait until the next run in 4-6 weeks. Quite frankly I'm finding this a bit ridiculous considering I ordered the pack when it was in stock on the site and before that I had emailed them twice for a pre order with no response.

I was hoping to have this pack before I go out bush in a few weeks but I guess not.

Super unimpressed with First Spear CS.

5. Heavyduti

Heavyduti Banned

That really is a smack, very unimpressive and unfair. This pack seems a bit like the Sasquatch, rarely seen and almost a mythical bag.

scbubba likes this.
  6. Pete3

Pete3 Loaded Pockets

Are they out of stock? It doesn't say that in the site. They look legit though, if there is indeed a time frame 4-6 weeks, gives me a little time to see if i have funds and or want it... But thats a really neat layout.

7. Reaper_one_1

8. Kontour

Kontour Loaded Pockets

I realise my post above wasn't very clear, here is what happened:

5th August - emailed about be pre order, no response
    21st August - emailed again about pre order, no response
    26th August - ordered pack online and emailed to see about other shipping options, they replied on the 27th
    29th August - I emailed indicating I'd like to stick with the original shipping option
    2nd September - I emailed to see if they had received my last email indicating I was sticking with the original shipping option, they replied and said they needed a street address instead of a PO box which I sent to them within a couple of hours, I then received the response about the 4-6 week wait.

9. CANNIBALdinner.

CANNIBALdinner. Loaded Pockets

So far that pack looks a little too expensive for what you're getting IMHO. For those of you that have them; how do you feel about the price?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

10. Heavyduti

Heavyduti Banned

Lots of other choices out there, hopefully with lower shipping price too; cancel?

11. Kontour

Kontour Loaded Pockets

Probably. Pretty disappointed because as I said above I've wanted one of these since the thread started. Oh well, these things happen.

12. CANNIBALdinner.

Well my guess is that the fellas at First Spear are probably not exactly rolling in cash. (Like most businesses these days). If they weren't, they probably wouldn't be so cautious with the limited runs. They probably had X amount of the bags on hand and they went to the first open wallets.

I always try to play devils advocate and see both sides. The tactical gear community as a whole isn't making the bucks they were 7 or 8 years ago.

Sent from my iPhone

13. Pete3

Pete3 Loaded Pockets

Im also curious on the price, how are people feeling about that?
    Ive been waiting for TAD to restock the Litespeed, which is from my experience and comparing to this bag seems more versatile. we are talking the same money here,

Heavyduti likes this.
  14. Hi its me

Hi its me Loaded Pockets

Mystery ranch spartan and asap are the same amount too.you can also expand them with molle if you want.I'm not hating on the bag its just the way i see it :)

Pete3 and Heavyduti like this.
  15. CANNIBALdinner.

I was hoping for more pics by now....this bag still has me curious.

16. Kontour

Kontour Loaded Pockets

Yeah I can understand that. I was just a bit annoyed since they'd pre authorised my credit card AND I had to chase them up about confirming my shipping option, I'm assuming I would have got one had they replied to my confirmation that I was sticking with the original straight away. It's nothing to really stress about, at least I'll get to hear from the people who got theirs how they actually function.

I really wanted this pack as a dedicated underground/mine exploring pack, although the TAD Litespeed looks like it could work too, anyone else know of similar narrow profile packs, preferably with multiple compartments?

Pete3 likes this.
  17. Heavyduti

Heavyduti Banned

Too bad you need multiple compartments because some of the Goruck bags really are narrow profile. The Litespeed is a good choice, albeit with very little organization & few compartments, but the straps may be an issue.

Have you taken a good look at the Camelbak HAWG?

Pete3 and scbubba like this.
  18. Kontour

Kontour Loaded Pockets

I have an older style HAWG, the one with the pocket that actually sticks out from the front, and while I like it, I was never entirely comfortable with it underground which is the purpose this bag is going to serve.

Anyone else received their FS packs yet?

Pete3 likes this.
  19. Ravenslair

Ravenslair Loaded Pockets

Got mine last week. It is a bit pricey but I am still quite happy. Here is a picture for size comparison. That is Maxpedition Fatty and an REI Hiker first aid kit. The fatty sits in the bottom pocket with a pair of work gloves. Plenty of additional room. The first aid kit sits in one of the side pockets. Again with plenty of additional space. The Oakley sunglass case sits in the top pocket. There is plenty of additional room for other items as well. More room than I was expecting. I am quite happy with my purchase. I need to get another hydration bladder this week as this will also be used for day hikes. [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

steeps likes this.
  20. CANNIBALdinner.

Thanks for sharing the pic!

Sent from my iPhone