1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Eagle Ranger Medic Pack best EDC bag i have ever owned!

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by RFA3, Aug 28, 2010.

1. Kontour

Kontour Loaded Pockets

I didn't order one in the end, too much stuffing around from them and it was gonna be $348 shipped. I'd still love one, but maybe if one ever comes up on B/S/T. Plus I found an ATS Cobra that was hidden in one of my gear boxes, and that has taken over the role I was going to use this bag for.

2. Heavyduti

Heavyduti Banned

Buying a bag from them seems like pulling teeth! I've never seen a Cobra but it looks nice and way better price-point since it was just sitting around waiting for a mission.

3. Ravenslair

Ravenslair Loaded Pockets

Just a follow up. I have been carrying this pack as my daily carrier since I got it. I have decided to hang it up for now. I went on a buying frenzy this last week and will be trying a few other bags out. This bag is great if you do not have much to carry. I found it was just a bit too small for me. It will make a great range bag and that is what it will be used for from this day forward.

4. steeps

steeps Loaded Pockets

What bags did you get?

5. Ravenslair

Ravenslair Loaded Pockets

Where do I start. 5.11 Rush 12, 5.11 Rush 24, Tactical Tailor Urban Operator, Tactical Tailor Removable Operator, Tactical Tailor Modular Operator, Kelty MAP 3500, Camelbak HAWG. Darn Tactical Tailor and their founders day sale! Could not decide so thought I would try quite a few. I can always sell what I don't use.... right. Or I can hold on to them just in case! Right now I am using my old Maxpedition Baby Condor I picked up five or six years ago.

Still on the list: MR ASAP, Maxpedition Falcon II... for now

6. steeps

steeps Loaded Pockets

Wow, nice score. I have the Rush series but I'm torn lately whether or not to use them in urban areas because they are tactical looking. So I tend to just use tactical bags when in the woods or camping. In urban areas I've been using my Camelbak Urban Assault Concealed or my Tom Bihn Synapse 25. All bags are black.

7. quadrille

quadrille Loaded Pockets

8. el rocko

el rocko Loaded Pockets

9. gatorfan

gatorfan Loaded Pockets

I purchased this bag in ranger green from first spear back in late March of this year. The difference between this bag and the original is that the bag has been inverted.
    [​IMG]

Here it is with a typical load out.
    [​IMG]

This shows that a 40 oz. HydroFlask will fit in a side pocket.
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shadowolf713 likes this.
  10. quadrille

quadrille Loaded Pockets

Yes I like it the zippers are a different color than the rest of the pack, they look green, I did not notice this on their site. I wish it was in black

11. shadowolf713

shadowolf713 Loaded Pockets

I just ordered this last night.
    After the events in the West, I've decided to not broadcast my history through my current multicam edc. I'm intrigued by the unique design of the pack. My culminating event will be using it in Disney towards the end of this year.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

12. shadowolf713

Are the shoulder straps removable? And are there lashing points on the bottom of the bag?
    I couldn't find a solid answer. But figured I'd ask you.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

JPO likes this.
  13. quadrille

quadrille Loaded Pockets

yes and yes

14. shadowolf713

Aw man! That means I might put the hill people gear harness on this bad boy... And attach a TAD transporter tail if I need to carry more.

Thanks for your speedy response!

15. gatorfan

gatorfan Loaded Pockets

The straps can be cut off at the top and disconnected from the bottom strap attachment. Also the bottom compartment has no MOLLE OR PALS.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. CANNIBALdinner.

CANNIBALdinner. Loaded Pockets

Looks like maybe I waited too long to buy one. On the site it says "supplies limited no back pack orders will be filled".

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

17. CANNIBALdinner.

CANNIBALdinner. Loaded Pockets

Disregard my last post. I bought one in Woodland. I'll post pics when I get it

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

18. Kontour

Kontour Loaded Pockets

Interesting that this bag is back, it's still my "white whale" pack because I've never been able to find anything even close to it. Unfortunately at over 400 aud shipped I think I'll have to let it go again. I'll be very curious to see how everyone likes them after carrying them for a bit.

19. bnate

bnate Loaded Pockets

Well, not to be an enabler...BUT, I really like mine. I finally pulled the trigger after carrying a Camelbak and then a Mystery Ranch ASAP a few years each. I did carry duplicate stuff and heavy items too on those previous bags.

Then I took a look at my items and reduced a bit...and I still have room in the First Spear bag, if I choose. I live in CA, so don't need to carry a jacket for sudden rains...weather is predictable. It's comfortable to wear. Thought I wouldn't like the lack of chest strap, but it isn't honestly needed here. It's basically a small, compact 5-compartment bag for those that don't want a huge load out but want to carry a few more items than what is in your pockets. Love the Ranger Green.

Take a look at Gatorfan's first pick of the bag standing upright....I'm still not sure what the 4 loops are that run down the middle of the bag, between the two clip connectors....

20. Kontour

Kontour Loaded Pockets

Dont get me wrong, I think the design is great, but the cost/benefit for me just doesn't work out. Of course the only shipping option is Fedex express, so $86usd just to get the thing to me. I live in hope I'll find a used one or something one day.