1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Eagle A-III or MaxP Condor II Help please?

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by Willieboy, Sep 22, 2009.

1. Willieboy

Willieboy Loaded Pockets

Guys, currently, I don't have a backpack. I've been researching packs now for a couple of weeks and like the looks of the Eagle A-III and the MaxP Condor II. They seem to be of similar size, though I've not seen either once in person.

What are your thoughts? Can anyone put up some comparative pics?

Thanks in advance.

2. erikb02809

erikb02809 Loaded Pockets

Re: Eahle A-III or MaxP Condor II Help please?

I own a Condor II. No complaints. I'm thinking of upgrading to a Kifaru X-ray, but am having a hard time justifying it from a financial perspective. The X-Ray seems a lot cooler, but the Condor does everything I need. I've got an organizer made by Stormtracker in there, and couple of maxpedition sheathes and pouches, and everything together basically handles my EDC needs just fine. Only criticism of the Condor II is that the suspension system is nothing fancy, but for the loads one typically would carry in an 1800 ci pack, it's sufficient.

3. LZ

LZ Loaded Pockets

I have a CondorII that I used for quite some time, and really love it....big enough for my laptop and a good amount of gear...
    Recently replaced it with a much, much more expensive bag, so the CondorII is going up for sale soon....

4. panzer

panzer Loaded Pockets

The eagle AIII will hold more, its a bit longer then the condor II. Since it is longer it fits my torso better then the condor II. I am 6' 2". The Condor has more admin capabilities then the AIII but the AIII excels in material quality and it's US made.

5. Willieboy

Willieboy Loaded Pockets

Thanks guys. If I get the A-III, it will be the molle version because that pack seems to offer more options. I also like the fact it's made here is the U.S.

6. panzer

panzer Loaded Pockets

The AIII is the standard, and probably the bag that start the whole 3 day assault pack craze. It's a work horse.

7. cjsmith

cjsmith Loaded Pockets

I have the A-III pack and I absolutely love it. It has a spacious main compartment with a decent secondary compartment. I use mine to carry my books all day at school. On a typical day, I usually end up carrying at least one 3in binder, 3 spiral notebooks and usually a textbook along with a reading book. It tackles that load no problem. Theres even enough room to fit a large water bottle and a m16 mag pouch full of pens, pencils, etc. It does a nice job with distributing the weight. Overall, I am quite pleased.

8. SnWnMe

SnWnMe Loaded Pockets

The Maxped Vulture is for all intents in purposes, an AIII with better built in organization. Perhaps you could check into that option as well?

9. bigfoot

bigfoot Loaded Pockets

Had an A-III as well as the first generation Condor. Build quality and materials is better with the A-III (along with USA made), but as far as built-in features and pockets, the advantage goes to the Condor II. The pictures you see floating around of the Maxped products are hard to scale. They look a LOT bigger in the photos than in person.

10. LeakyBandage

LeakyBandage Empty Pockets

My experience exactly. I was attracted by the Maxped packs' organization features, but the smaller than expected size was a disappointment. The build quality from Eagle is much higher IMO. Given the designs discussed, I would go with the Eagle MOLLE AIII and add an admin panel as needed.

11. Buffalohump

Buffalohump Loaded Pockets

Totally get the Eagle A-III MOLLE.....

I have had both these packs (currently using the A-III as my EDC bag) and the Eagle is far superior.

The only thing it lacks is the option to add pouches, which the MOLLE version takes care of.

Bear in mind this is a fairly large pack, so with pouches added its not something to carry into a store selling fine china, if you get my meaning.

I would also get a frame sheet with it.

12. greymethod

greymethod Loaded Pockets

Panzer can you post pics of you wearing the A-III? I've been wanting to buy one of these since summer but never pulled the trigger. I'm 6'3 so seeing it on you would be a good comparison I think.

13. Willieboy

Willieboy Loaded Pockets

Since this thread has been revived, I'll tell you guys I did buy the A-III Molle pack. I've added a set of Eagles side pouches and their general purpose utility pouch on the back of the pack.

In fact, I just bought the same pack for my son for Christmas.

14. ironmike86

ironmike86 Loaded Pockets

:worthless:

Let see I'm looking :)

15. greymethod

greymethod Loaded Pockets