First time post, long time reader etc etc. Shared this stuff with my wife, she's supportive, but thinks I'm crazy. Wanted to share this with someone who gets it! I've been trolling these forums for a long time, and one mod that always caught my eye was dyeing cordura for a different color. Finding pictures has been difficult, so I wasn't entirely sure what I was getting into. Hopefully these pics will help someone else decide if they'd like to do the same thing. I have a camelbak trizip in multicam, it has been on a couple of long trips, and it has held up very well. I'm a fan of the design, but I like the clean colors/style of the Mystery Ranch packs it is based on more. However, free is a lot cheaper than a new pack, and I figured I would give dyeing a shot. I wanted to de-militarize it a little bit (should remove the flag right?...). So I chose a dark green/black combo of dye, I used about 5 gallons of near-boiling water, and an entire bottle of black and dark green RIT dye. I ended up having to dye it twice. Following the online instructions for the stovetop method, I poured the hot water into a plastic tub, and submerged the torn-down pack. The first time it was in a total of about 20 minutes, with me agitating the mix the whole time. For the second round, I submerged and held it down with weight and spacers for a total of about 40 minutes (didn't want a round 3...). The first round ended with a blue-ish green color that I wasn't satisfied, so I dyed it a second time. The zippers/hardware/back panel/accent pieces didn't take the dye at all, and the contrast ended up very clean. No idea on how long it will last, but I don't wash the pack on a regular basis, so I'm not too worried about the color bleeding out anytime soon. Overall I'm happy with the results, still have my eye on a MR pack though! The results are below. Enjoy! Front shot Front shot w/flash Color comparison with a pair of multicam pants (looked identical prior to dying) Color comparison with flash Back shot (with flash) Interior shot (with flash) Closeup of pattern (flash makes it look shiny, but you can still barely see the pattern) Overall, the materials cost about $20, took 2 nights of my time, and a couple of wash and dry cycles. I didn't take a picture of the hip belt attached, but it is identical in color, with the brown hardware still. Hopefully this inspires someone else to give it a shot!