1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

DX / Kaidomain TV phones and "iphones" - Verizon Compatible?

Discussion in 'Electronic Devices' started by Jlyrgr, May 19, 2009.

1. Jlyrgr

Jlyrgr Loaded Pockets

Does anyone know if the phones available on Deal Extreme or Kaidomain are Verizon compatible? What is the quality like? I realize they will in many ways be inferior, but how much so? They have a lot of cool gadgets (TV tuners in touch screen "iphones", etc. ) They even have some pretty cool cell phone watches... James Bond Style! Just thought I would post the question here because if anyone would know... it would be you guys.

2. Synaptic Misfire
    • In Omnia Paratus

Synaptic Misfire Loaded Pockets

Most likely not. I don't know which ones you are referring to exactly but I would bet they are GSM which is incompatible with Verizon.

3. matt0

matt0 Loaded Pockets

I just glanced at one and it said the TV Tuner was NTSC. Keep in mind that after June 12, full-power TV stations in the US will be switched over to ATSC.

4. shrap

shrap Loaded Pockets

Nothing is compatible with Verizon other than Verizon phones. Their system is CDMA which allows them to choose which phones are allowed on their network (they have specific whitelists for the phone identifier).

5. ecfiffer

ecfiffer Empty Pockets

however you can buy a vzw phone with a gsm card (a la storm) and hack it for gsm networks...

6. storl

storl Loaded Pockets

Sprint is pretty much the same way as Verizon. Unless the phone says "Sprint" on it, good luck getting them to activate it.