1. Please update your bookmarks to use https://www.edcforums.com/
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Drop Kit (MOLLE) for Belt Pouches?

Discussion in 'Other Carrying Devices' started by azaex, Jan 11, 2017.

1. azaex

azaex Loaded Pockets

Does anyone know if someone makes a sort of "drop kit", similar to what Safariland does for their holsters? As in, not a drop leg, but just a small extension down that drops the pouch below waist level. Raven Concealment does a similar thing with their "Subload" style Moduloader system.

The reason why I'm interested in because I run relatively slim, hip length jackets with my Skinth, and it always bulges out enough so that it gets drafty around that area. I'd want to just drop the pouch down a bit so it doesn't get in the way.

2. tinythief

tinythief Empty Pockets

3. azaex

azaex Loaded Pockets

Thanks for the suggestion, it's quite wide, though might be useful if running multiple skinths.

I think I may have found my answer on my own actually; there are a few "drop leg holster extensions" already out there under the NSN number 8465-01-515-7644. Little big for the application I want, but they can be found for pretty cheap as surplus and I think I can probably just trim one to fit!

I also found one by CTOMS (http://ctoms.ca/Mission-Essential-Equipment/Accessories/molle-drop-extension-panel-duty-belt-2-columns.html) , though that one is a lot more expensive.

4. Voidspawn

Voidspawn Loaded Pockets

Interesting concept... I'm curious to see your final solution!

5. azaex

azaex Loaded Pockets

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

- Trimmed off the belt portion, can't really seal it well due to an internal stiffener being in there. Used tin snips to slice through the molle and stiffener in one shot, temporarily sealing it with duct tape for now.
    - Needed to avoid the first molle loop to pass the belt through (this unit doesn't allow a belt pass through on the top loop), wrapped duct tape around to clamp down the molle strap where it's needed so it doesn't shift around on the belt.
    - Sits at my 7 o'clock

I'm still probably going to fiddle around with it since it looks a bit kooky without a jacket on, but it does the job. Also gives me some spots to carry pens as well! Drops right below my jacket, going to make biking around a lot more comfy.

edit: didn't get any questions about it. It kind of sits at a nice level visually with a jacket level on; it doesn't look out of place, unless you notice the bit of tan sticking out from the pouch, but even then, not really weird. If you really think about it, it's out of place because there's no belt holding it, but otherwise not really weird. Without a jacket, I think it looks odd though :S

Last edited by azaex, Jan 18, 2017
    #5 azaex, Jan 17, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2017
    Voidspawn likes this.
  6. Voidspawn

Voidspawn Loaded Pockets