1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Dress pants with extras? Looking for suggestions-

Discussion in 'EDC Clothing' started by Otis, Nov 5, 2009.

1. Otis

Otis Loaded Pockets

Howdy All-

I could use your suggestions on some new pants. I work in an office, usually shirt and tie, and Im looking for black pants that have extra pockets/tactical benefits/storage factor etc. You know, cool pants.

The problem is all the ones I see from 5.11 and oher companies are too tactical. I cant get away with giant cargo pockets and nylon drawstrings. (The kneepad pockets are nice, but would be unecessary or at the least convey the wrong message to the Executives.:)

Any thoughts? I dont need tailored slacks, but something appropriate to a business office that will enable me to comfortably carry the necessary gear (Flashlights, Crazy Glue, Tide Stick etc) one so obviously needs in the workplace.

Thanks- Ari (Otis)

2. Dizos

Dizos Loaded Pockets

3. johnnytest

johnnytest Loaded Pockets

Dockers mobile pants.
    dockers

I have a bunch of these for years. very basic, but can wear anywear.

4. yam350

yam350 Loaded Pockets

If you wear a jacket how about one of Duluth's Presentation jackets with 13 pockets.

5. wenestvedt

wenestvedt Loaded Pockets

I have two pair of 5.11 Covert Khakis. As an IT manager & sysadmin, nothing in my office life requires covert <i>anything</i>, nor does anything reward bulging pockets. These pants allow me a little extra carrying capacity without having flappy cargo pockets, and the sans-a-belt waistline and gusseted crotch are both nice extras.

I don't know offhand whether they have a black version.

I got mine from LA Police Gear; standard disclaimers apply.

6. Otis

Otis Loaded Pockets

Thanks Guys-

I get a bunch of stuff from Duluth but havent got the Presentation Jacket yet.

Thanks for the Dockers Mobile suggestion, Ill check them out.

If anyone knows of more pant ideas, please shoot them my way. Black dress slacks with deep/hidden/multiple pockets are what Im looking for.

7. houdini28

houdini28 Loaded Pockets

I have had the Dockers Mobile Pants and they hold a decent amount of gear. Like any pair of dress pants, be careful what you put in them as they are not built out of incredibly durable material. I never had any problem with items printing or creating an unsightly bulge in the special pockets.

8. James In Toronto

James In Toronto Loaded Pockets

I was in a store in Arlington Virginia buying some 5.11 covert casual shirts for the extra pockets, and the guy asked if I wanted to try some pants like that. I told him I try very hard not to actually DO anything tactical.

9. jeeves3443

jeeves3443 Loaded Pockets

Volcom stone, is a 'skater' clothing line and they have a 'corpo' series. I've got a few pairs of the khaki shorts and they're great. Not sure if they make long pants, but a google of 'Corpo pants' with a few variations might yield some results.

Let us know if you find anything.

10. Otis

Otis Loaded Pockets

Thanks- Ill check those out. FYI- Dockers Mobile are discontinued, so that may not be an option or at least a harder to find one.

Keep the ideas coming!

Ari

11. dwd2010

dwd2010 Empty Pockets

Mostly a reader here but thought I'd try to contribute. I have REI adventure pants that might fit the bill. Can't link but search brought up the past thread re: them

12. codewarrior

codewarrior Loaded Pockets

You should also check out Scottevest offerrings. http://www.scottevest.com/v3_store/hidden_cargo_pants.shtml

Not what you'd call 'suit' trousers, but on a par with Chino's. I get mine pressed at the dry-cleaners, but they don't hold a crease for as long as I'd like. Still, seems like I end up wearing these more than any others at the office.

13. shrap

shrap Loaded Pockets

Vertx pants are less baggy than most "tactical" pants and don't have the same number of adornments and pockets that decorate others.

14. jfirebalrog

jfirebalrog Empty Pockets

15. Dreadnought

Dreadnought Empty Pockets

How do they run size-wise? In other words, say you wear a 38 waist and you bought a 38 waist in these pants, would they fit snuggly or loosely? Thank you for your reply.

16. Force Attuned

Force Attuned Loaded Pockets

I'm interested too.

17. Gorbag

Gorbag Loaded Pockets

They tend to run a smidge bit big for the stated waist, and have a bit of stretch to them for active use. I'd suggest a belt if you order spot on to your waist size.

18. chaosmagnet
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

chaosmagnet Loaded Pockets

I also love the 5.11 Covert Khakis. They've been discontinued, so get them while you can.

The magazine pockets inside the zipper pockets are too small for a double-stack magazine, so be sure to have some other way of carrying your extra magazines if you're carrying a pistol with these. The leg pockets are hard to spot if they're zipped closed and you don't have anything heavy in them. I've worn them while wearing a shirt and tie to a customer without any negative comment.

They seem to run true to size. Since they have stretch panels in them, I consider wearing a belt with them mandatory, as the strech panels don't look professional uncovered.

19. joshearl

joshearl Loaded Pockets

Another +1 on the 5.11 Tactical Covert pants. I was a little disappointed with how small the "cargo" pockets are; they're more like little magazine pockets, but they might fit a small cell phone.

Quality is top notch, though. :)

Josh

20. gilliu

gilliu Loaded Pockets

I have two pairs of Vertx pants: black and green. I really like them, especially for the design of the low profile cargo pockets:

http://www.wearvertx.com/web/aboutus.aspx

If money were no object, I would try out the new line by ARC'TERYX -- VEILANCE

Also very pricey, is Tadgear clothing. I have one of their jackets that I got on super clearance (originally $250 ish, but on sale for $50) -- their stuff seems really well made. It's sewn in the USA, which is a big plus

Gil