1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Dreaming of saddleback

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by Pubstout, May 5, 2016.

1. Pubstout

Pubstout Empty Pockets

*FOUND!* I'm on the hunt for a medium classic briefcase, old 2 rivet, suede lined in the dark coffee color. I'm always searching eBay and keep waiting for one to show on the aged auction page. Any other places I should look for one for sale?

2. b.s.

b.s. Loaded Pockets

Those two rivet SBL's are in high demand, and for good reason.
    Once you get to "loaded pockets" status, I would watch the Buy/Sell/Trade section. If no luck, become a supporter and post a WTB thread.

Pubstout likes this.
  3. MedusaOblongata

MedusaOblongata Loaded Pockets

Check the FB Saddleback BST group, or post WTB there. Sometimes they come up.

Pubstout likes this.
  4. Pubstout

Pubstout Empty Pockets

5. grayman

grayman Loaded Pockets

If you've never had a SBL bag before I would definitely try and pick up one second hand. I bought a thin briefcase new. I loved the bag and carried it daily. However, the first time I took it on a business trip was also the last time. The reason being is that I carried the bag over one shoulder and over extended periods of carrying the bag, it would cause a lot of fatigue. Lightweight they are not, but when you load them up they really have some heft.

6. holygoat

holygoat Loaded Pockets

What are you dreaming about it doing?

Mine lives in my closet, because it's 7lb empty. Loaded up for a trip it can easily top out over 20lb. Great at sparking conversation, but utterly impractical for air travel, for walking, or really anything beyond nipping from the car to the coffee shop.

I'm curious what role you see it filling.

7. Pubstout

Pubstout Empty Pockets

Do date I've owned a small, medium and large satchels, and small, medium and large BC's plus other odds and ends. Size wise, the medium BC has been my fav but with the pigskin lining and newer candyshell leather I didn't care for how stiff it stayed. The small BC was a suede lined older 2 rivet and I loved the way it got kind of floppy and soft but it just didn't have enough capacity for my normal everyday stuff. Maybe it's because I'm a former airborne infantryman, but the weight has never been an issue for me.

b.s. likes this.
  8. MedusaOblongata

MedusaOblongata Loaded Pockets

If you're climbing Mt. Everest, or doing something that is really pushing the bounds of your endurance, then you want to spend $500 on ultralight gear instead of heavy leather. If you're strong enough to carry an extra 5 or 10 pounds of leather for the distance and terrain you expect for your briefcase, then go with what will make you happy.

Here are some of my Saddleback bags on a recent trip to Nashville:
    [​IMG]

b.s. and Badillac like this.
  9. Pubstout

Pubstout Empty Pockets

Exactly. That's what my Kelty ruck is for ;)