1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Dream Bag/Pouch design thread

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by Nutmeg, Nov 25, 2016.

1. Nutmeg
    • Sponsor - Home Craftsman

Nutmeg Loaded Pockets

Admin: I wasn't sure where to put this thread, so please move/delete if it's in an inappropriate sub-section.

I've been reading through the various threads of people reviewing/discussing existing gear, but wanted to start a thread to discuss the things that don't currently exist. I'm sure everyone here has bought a piece of gear and thought "This is great, but if it only had..."

Well, I'd like to hear some of those ideas here. There are clearly a number of skilled sewers on this forum and think that if people bring their ideas to the light, someone here may be able to bring them to life.

Jay-uk likes this.
  2. leaky5

leaky5 Loaded Pockets

Do you have anything in mind ? I am always trying different things.

All my shoulder bag straps are secured at one end by 2x2 piece of hook and loop. This is so I can move them from bag to bag easily and also add sections a bit like the Janus pouch. For me the Janus pouch looks to long using side release buckles, so using hook/loop and 2" D rings keeps this much shorter.

This was my first effort.

[​IMG]

The main thing I am trying to do this for and failing so far is a camera holster section, so when taking a lot of pictures the camera is just in front of me to pick up quickly. So far I have tried fully 1000D, 1000D with leather backing and full leather.

1000D was to floppy.
    1000D with leather I could not get the pouch part right.
    Full leather was to bulky. That might have been because the leather was to thick.

The next one I will try will use 1000D reinforced with some thick card or plastic and neoprene (from a knee support bandage) for the pouch. I think the neoprene will hold the camera nice an snuggly.

3. battlestage

battlestage Loaded Pockets

Not really what was asked about but I'm not creative enough to design my ideal pack so I'll just say a TAD Fast Pack Litespeed in Mas Grey.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

343KD likes this.
  4. Grav
    • +1 Supporter

Grav Loaded Pockets

So I've been looking for a while for the perfect bag to work as a combo belt pouch/thigh pouch that can also be used as a shoulder bag. I've been through a few different bags and just never got it quite right. What I'm currently using is a hill people gear kit bag with all the straps removed. I'm using the grimlocks to attach it to my belt or attach a shoulder strap. It's the right amount of organization but needs to be just a little bigger.
    [​IMG]

If I could combine the kit bag with the (no longer made). Kifaru G2 malice claymore (which I think is the perfect size for what I want) it would be the perfect bag. I'd probably also add an internal divider in the main pocket.

[​IMG]

I've thought about picking up a claymore and trying to mod it, but version with the internal organization is almost impossible to find. I might try and find someone who would be willing to do some custom work to make one for me

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet K1 using Tapatalk

5. Jay-uk

Jay-uk Loaded Pockets

Large tube like storage area like a Ibex 30/khard but with outer having admin areas like on Rush 24 or First Tactical 1 day +
    This would allow for my routine stuff to be always on the outer aspect pouches and pockets ,main body used for what ever stuff was needed for that days tasks

Im maybe going to try this via molle on stuff to an ibex ,but in a perfect world for me ibex main with first tactical outer would be perfection

6. gazz98

gazz98 Loaded Pockets

A backpack for big people. I'm 6'7"/6'8" 290 (still losing weight..goal is 250) or so lbs and even a 3000 cubic inch backpack doesn't fit across my shoulders well. I wear a 22 37/38 dress shirt, 54xl sport coat, and usually a 4xlt shirt. I submitted an idea for adjustable straps (as in spacing) to several companies but never got a bite. Sling packs aren't that comfortable for me either.

And now pics aren't loading...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. velvetelvis

velvetelvis Empty Pockets

I really like the ibex 20 but it needs a separate space for the water bag or laptop.

8. percell_086

percell_086 Loaded Pockets

Look at the new Tasmanian Tiger backpacks. The are similar to the KHARD 30 design but have outer admin pouches!

Jay-uk likes this.
  9. Jay-uk

Jay-uk Loaded Pockets

Thank you very much, I appreciate your help.
    I will give them a look :)

percell_086 likes this.