1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Drawstring hems on BDU/BDU style pants

Discussion in 'EDC Clothing' started by Cprrckwlf, Oct 27, 2014.

1. Cprrckwlf

Cprrckwlf Loaded Pockets

Just curious if anyone had any particularly handy tips/tricks/methods for getting these out of the way without removing them. I've tried a few different things on some TAD Force 10s but not come across anything I'm all that happy with that will last more than a trip or two through the laundry.

2. CatherineM
    • In Omnia Paratus

CatherineM Loaded Pockets

You could exchange the cord for similar sized bungee.

3. kikaida

kikaida Loaded Pockets

Is there any reason for keeping the built in blousing straps if you're not going to blouse your pants?

4. Cprrckwlf

Cprrckwlf Loaded Pockets

I take the option: general, everyday wear I don't blouse them, out hiking or whatever I sometimes do.

Currently I just shove all the extra cord behind the stopper knot back through the hole into the cuff. Any sort of slim, blunt tipped tool works pretty well for this -- I normally use a Ti chopstick. Still, I sometimes catch an end and jerk it out. I've also tried some creative knots and safety pins.

5. MTFatboy
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

MTFatboy Loaded Pockets

I would ditch them. I've never understood why they are there; in the Army we weren't allowed to use them. We tucked the pants into the boots or bought blousing straps from the PX, so that the ribbon wouldn't dangle. Ditch the ribbon, and then you can get blousing straps like those at army surplus world for when you want to blouse them. They work better than the string, anyway.

kd7dvd, rongallant and kikaida like this.
  6. Mudinyeri

Mudinyeri Loaded Pockets

I ditch the blousing ties before I even wash my TAD pants the first time. Even in the Army I didn't blouse my BDU's utilizing the ties. I did an Airborne tuck with 1.5" wide elastic straps with hook & loop ends.

kikaida likes this.
  7. kikaida

kikaida Loaded Pockets

I agree with everyone else. I don't remember anyone actually using the strings, either they tucked them into their boots to blouse them, or used blousing straps like I did.

8. raggasonic

raggasonic Loaded Pockets

I do use them.
    I tie them a little just because I prefer wearing my TAD pants this way.

9. jacala

jacala Empty Pockets

Try 2 safety pins.Put through end of each tie and tuck them back inside the hem. I hope I explained clearly ?

10. hbanger

hbanger Loaded Pockets

I used to pull them out as far as they would come out then cut them off. I never used any kind of blousing bands the whole time in the 82nd

11. kd7dvd
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

kd7dvd EDC Junkie!!!!!

+1 for cutting them off. They're not even elastic. Get proper blousing straps if you need that feature. Last time I bought them they were two for a quarter. (Well, been a while, but still...they're cheap and useful!)

Agent Berry likes this.