1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Dragon Egg Mark II

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by HoldingAces, Jun 1, 2017.

1. Norseman

Norseman Loaded Pockets

The first thing my friends say when they see the paracord handle is how innovative it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ghostwalker54 likes this.
  2. Norseman

Norseman Loaded Pockets

[​IMG]

...I think I'm finally happy with my webbing.

gearheavy likes this.
  3. Elyptic

Elyptic Empty Pockets

Looks nice! What are those pieces holding the webbing in the middle? Really makes it clean looking.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Norseman likes this.
  4. Norseman

Norseman Loaded Pockets

Thanks! I got them from Milspec Monkey's website. They're like .50 each. You can get them in different colors too.

5. Lannister
    • In Omnia Paratus

Lannister Loaded Pockets

Curse y'all. I have been on the fence for that bag since version 1. I had almost forgotten about it...:stomp: The two main reasons I have not bought it, is first availability: These bags are rare, well to find one that ships and available in my color. Two: I am still ambivalent about the molle exterior panel. I have enough "Tacticool/Tacticlown" bags. I wished they made it without it.

Norseman likes this.
  6. Elyptic

Elyptic Empty Pockets

I'm struggling with the molle panel as well. I'll never use it... I really need a well made bag that will hold a 15 inch laptop. I love the look and features, but I wonder if this looks too tactical for an everyday bag.

7. Elyptic

Elyptic Empty Pockets

Well, bag got here. Really like it and the molle panel isn't too distracting to the looks.

Only one major problem. It doesn't fit my work issued 15 inch laptop in either the pocket closest to my back or the main pocket. Real bummer. Not sure what to do now.

gearheavy likes this.
  8. gearheavy

gearheavy Loaded Pockets

The solution is obvious. Quit your job and find job that issues a 15" that fits :tongue:

9. Elyptic

Elyptic Empty Pockets

I wish. Love the bag. May keep it regardless and just use it as a range or day hiking bag. But I still need a backpack which holds my work laptop.

10. Durandal64

Durandal64 Loaded Pockets

That's a bummer about your laptop. My Dust held my previous MBP 15" snuggly. Now I use a 13" MBP Touch Bar and it has so much room for activities. Try a Timbuk2 bag like the Spire or Rogue. I bet those will fit thicker laptops just fine.

11. Pepsi Jedi

Pepsi Jedi Loaded Pockets

I have the Dust and the Dragon's Egg. Speaking about the Molle, you don't notice it. It's the new laser cut stuff and just looks like texture on the bag 9 times out of 10.
    I'm not 100% sure why people are threading the shock cord on theirs in the above pics unless it's just for personal accent. The molle rests flat. It doesn't flap around or anything.
    Gotta say I love the quality on the Direct action bags. It feels like a step or two up from 5.11 and Maxpedition. Good stuff there. Highly recomended.

Myrddraal likes this.
  12. Norseman

Norseman Loaded Pockets

I use the shock cord all the time to hold light jackets. I leave for work pretty early and most days it cool enough I want a light jacket. But then when I'm heading home and it's 90 out, I stuff that jacket under the shock cord.

MCPOWoller likes this.
  13. READYSETGO
    • In Omnia Paratus

READYSETGO Loaded Pockets

I am looking at this for a larger EDC backpack. Need to decide color!

Could you owners (Norseman & gearheavy) that posted pics please verify the color purchased?

Big Thanks!

Norseman likes this.
  14. Norseman

Norseman Loaded Pockets

I believe mine is called the Shadow Gray.

15. gearheavy

gearheavy Loaded Pockets

Mine is Shadow Grey. I love the color as it actually goes better with the color of clothes I usually wear. My previous favorite was foliage green. I still like it, but shadow grey just coordinates better.

16. Pepsi Jedi

Pepsi Jedi Loaded Pockets

Direct action's gray and foliage green are both excellent colors. I think they discontinued the foilage green though. Which makes me glad I already had mine.

The Shadow Gray is -sharp-. A great color for a bag. Matches everything. Isn't 'just another black bag', blends in. The works.

17. Desertratt1322

Desertratt1322 Loaded Pockets

Just ordered a Dragon Egg MK II yesterday in O.D. Green, Been using a R24 for a couple of years now off and on. I am hopping this pack does everything I need it to for my work EDC and weekend carry. The one thing I did not like is that there is not a CCW compartment, So once I know I am keeping the pack, I'll either make a trip to Hellmart or order online some Velcro for the back panel to hold my holster. Other than that seems like a great pack. ETA to my hands is Friday before 8 p.m. I'll post some pic's of it once I get it and load it out.

Norseman and HVACn00b like this.
  18. HVACn00b

HVACn00b Loaded Pockets

Can you please keep us updated on this and upload lots of pictures please?
    I'm torn between this bag and the Vanquest trident 31, and I'm leaning towards the trident for the ccw pocket and ability of the modularity of the main compartment. ( would utilize for camera equipment occasionally )

Thanks

Desertratt1322 likes this.
  19. Desertratt1322

Desertratt1322 Loaded Pockets

No problem at all. I figured i dont carry a laptop or a hydration blader to work so putting in a square piece of Velcro back there for my ccw shouldn't be a big deal. But yes I'll post up several pics of the pack before and after i load it out.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

HVACn00b likes this.
  20. HVACn00b

HVACn00b Loaded Pockets

In theory you've had this a week now, what are your thoughts?