1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

downsouth's EDC

Discussion in 'Show us pics of your EDC!' started by downsouth, Feb 10, 2012.

1. downsouth

downsouth Loaded Pockets

My first documented pocket dump. Just what I had in my pockets when I walked through the door.

[​IMG]

kbguahan likes this.
  2. Werewolf32

Werewolf32 Loaded Pockets

Cool photo, thanks for posting it.

How do you like the Buck Vanatge?

Also, if you're in the market for a small flashlight (really worth having at all times IMHO), I'd recommend the Streamlight Microstream.

3. downsouth

downsouth Loaded Pockets

Thanks for the recommendation. I'll definately look into it.

I think the Vantage is great! I've had it on me every day since picking it up on sale at my Exchange for only $8. It's small and light yet it has a solid feel to it. The only issue I have with the knife is it can be a little hard to open with one finger with out a quick flick of the wrist. It just doesn't open as smooth as I'd like but I can live with that. After daily use over a few weeks, I decided to stone wash it. Let me know what you think.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Werewolf32

$8?!?!?! That's a steal!!! I've got to say that I really like the looks of the deep carry clip. I'm a big fan of them, love them on my EDC Spyderco UKPK and Squeak.

Stone-washing looks great! Did you do the pocket clip too? Did you just use the jar full of stones method?

As for the deployment speed, I'm guessing you've tried tweaking the pivot screw and adding some lube? Might be that it'll just loosen up with time and use, that's what I've always found.

5. downsouth

downsouth Loaded Pockets

Yup, $8. The Exchange was trying to move old stock I guess. They also have a SAK going for $24 that I've been eyeing for the past few days... Not sure what model it is though.

Thanks for the complement! I stone washed all the metal pieces except the screws and the center spacer using the jar/wd40/rocks/dryer/towel/wife gone for 3 hours method.

I've tweaked the pivot screw on several occasions. I haven't oiled it since I first purchased it though. I have wondered if there is a different type of lube I should use or would good old WD40 do the trick?

6. Werewolf32

Haha, I'm defintely not the person to ask about what lube to use on a knife, I usually just get a toothpick and a blob of vaseline and smear it in the pivot! Works pretty well for me though, so something must be ok there!

7. ww2fanatic

ww2fanatic Loaded Pockets

What is the paracord thingy? Is it for your ID pass also whats the purpose of the button?

8. downsouth

downsouth Loaded Pockets

The paracord thingy is a lanyard I made years ago when I worked on F-16s as a maintainer. It holds ID's, quick reference checklists, safety reminders and certifications. The button is for the top eyelet on a military blouse.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It keeps stuff from flying into intakes when the engines are running.

9. downsouth

downsouth Loaded Pockets

I'm currently on leave so I began to organize around the house. I ended up most of my packs together and decided to snap a few pics. Take a look and let me know if you have any questions about any of them.

Here's a group shot...
    [​IMG]

Packs I use when I go back home to Guam... L to R=Dakine Point Pack, Fokai Clear Bag & Plaid Quicksilver 3 Series
    [​IMG]

S.O.C Tac Ruc
    [​IMG]

Maxped Falcon II (the pack that started it all for me) & Pygmy
    [​IMG]

My TAD line up... Patrol, EDC's & a Litespeed
    [​IMG]

SpecOps the PACK - 1 tour in Iraq, numerous dust storms and only needed a little vacuuming.. She still looks great!
    [​IMG]

Rush 5.11 Moab 6 - Little Rascal
    [​IMG]

Kifaru's X-ray & E&E in OD green
    [​IMG]

My removable operators - Current EDC's with the coyote being the newest aquired...
    [​IMG]

Soon to be daiper bag - Voodoo Tactical Low Profile Ruc with rifle blocks R2'd with velcro...
    [​IMG]

Note: All bags appearing to be grey are actually foliage green. No pillows (or Pillow Pets) were killed or harmed during this photo shoot. All models are 18 years or older. See downsouth for details...

10. kertap75

kertap75 EDC Junkie!!!!!

Nice bags. Like the couch too, I'm sitting on the same one lol. Yours is way cleaner though, you must not have a 3 year old or a boxer.

11. downsouth

downsouth Loaded Pockets

Thanks! Nope, no pets but I do have an 8 & 5 year old. The couch looks better in the pics than irl. It serves as their primary trampoline (when we're not looking) even when we have one out back.... Kids....what can you do, right?