1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Douglas Field Lighter vs IMCO Triplex vs Esbit/Imco 6800....

Discussion in 'Other Every Day Carry Items' started by d.weglarz13, Aug 9, 2014.

1. d.weglarz13

d.weglarz13 Loaded Pockets

Id be willing to help someone out if need be. PM me if you want. It seems I have 2 brass ones in the mail now lol.

2. d.weglarz13

Oh Crap!!!!! I don't know how this is possible, but the Douglas from Japan is at my house already, just met the mailman at the driveway!!!!! How is this Possible? I ordered 2 days ago! Im in shock guys, this thing is so darn beautiful.

3. batteur
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

batteur Loaded Pockets

Perhaps that’s why you paid so much for shipping.

4. d.weglarz13

Haha, could be!! This thing is really nice. Trying to borrow a camera to take some pics...the craftsmanship is very good.
    Now the other one should be here in a couple days too....
    My girl is gonna kill me.

5. nice65

nice65 Loaded Pockets

Thread nudge, wakey wakey.

I'm on the hunt for the Douglass S Field. I've found them at Rakutan and Alibaba. Before I push the button, does anyone know these are genuine (price says they are), and where I can find extra flints for them?

Any input greatly appreciated, the GBP price is terrible just now, so I don't want to be wasting my cash.

Mr W above, if you still have a spare....;)

6. mauiblue

mauiblue Loaded Pockets

I bought my flints from BladeHQ just a few weeks ago. I also bought the Maintenance kit from Japan.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW

7. nice65

nice65 Loaded Pockets

Thanks. I found them on Rakutan, but by the time the shipping had been added to the whole deal the price was too high for me. Much as I love the look of them, I'll have to settle for my trusty Zippo with the gas insert, or a cheap but incredibly relatable Honest jet flame.

8. mauiblue

mauiblue Loaded Pockets

Nice65, I didn't realize you are in the UK. Must be expensive to ship. The US dollar is weak against the Japanese Yen but I felt it would be worth it to get a spare Maintenance kit. I got my shipment within a few days.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW

9. malraux72

malraux72 Loaded Pockets

Go on German Ebay. Look for older models.

10. karandras

karandras Loaded Pockets

Rakutan ones are genuine.

Order the flints and the spare wick kit at the same time as the lighter.

I have a couple of them and smoke 20 a day (minimum), i've been using my first field s since August 2015 and have only used 3 flints so far.

If you order from Rakutan, be prepared for one hefty import bill. Mine was pretty much £40 including handling fees, think the whole lot ended up costing me just over £100 for the lighter, flints and wick kit.

Most expensive lighter i've ever bought, but it gets used every single day and still lights first time every time and lasts over a month between refills.

Re the IMCO, they are great to look at, but are terrible as an everyday use lighter. I have 3 genuine ones that all need repairing and have been sat on a shelf for well over a year.

11. sino2

sino2 Loaded Pockets

Imco vs Douglas? Its like comparing a VW Golf vs a Mercedes Benz: The Imco gets the job done,but its made of thin nickelplated tin. The innerparts can corrode when exposed to humidity or lots of sparks from fireworks.Its like a old VW Golf. Rusty, but brings you where you want to be. Especially when its design and manufacturing process has its beginning in the middle 20th Century.
    The Douglas on the other hand seem to be more hefty,more durable and more a lighter you gave your grandkids. That reflects in the price