1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Double Tap vs Wolf Gray

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by Pepsi Jedi, Jul 17, 2015.

1. Pepsi Jedi

Pepsi Jedi Loaded Pockets

I'm curious if anyone out there has hands on experience with both of these colors.

5.11 Has put out a color called "Double Tap" Which is a dark dark gray with black molle and accents on it's bags.

Maxpedition currently has come out with "Wolf Gray". Which looks to be a dark gray with black Molle accents.

Has anyone access to both, to know how close they are in color? I know that Double Tap doesn't really photograph well. It seems to look lighter in pictures than it is IRL. In Real Life it is a dark rich gray.

In 'photos' Wolf Gray seems a shade or three lighter than Double Tap.

So, anyone out there have both? Or have seen them side by side to know?

2. tigz

tigz Loaded Pockets

Are you having a bag or colour problem? Certain bags have a better appeal on certain colours. Now if you have made up your mind and still have a problem which colour then you could end up with both. Its not uncommon in this forum to have same bag on three different colours. Trust me, I'm one of them. On a hunch I would go with the "Double Tap"!:)

3. Pepsi Jedi

Pepsi Jedi Loaded Pockets

I -have- one in Double Tap. I -love- the color. The gray is rich and dark and more towards 'blue' gray than 'brown' gray which I love. The black really accents it well and I think 5.11 did a great job with it. I just love the color.

I'm curious if the Wolf Gray is close to or the same. As I might pick up a Maxpidition pack or two and would like them to be as close to the Double tap as possible. I live way out in the boonies and no stores with in 100s of miles carry Maxpedition, so I can only see stuff on the web. On the web 'Wolf gray" looks about three shades lighter than Double tap... but... online Double Tap rarely looks like it does IRL either. It looks lighter than it really is. So I was curious if anyone had both to compare and contrast.

4. ferris209

ferris209 Loaded Pockets

Has nobody really ever paired a 5.11 Double Tap with a Mexped Wolf Grey? Furthermore, have they really not posted a picture here? Wow!

5. Mark Patton

Mark Patton Loaded Pockets

I just got rid of my Double Tap Rush 24 in favor of the Maxpedition Falcon ii in Wolf Gray. The gray on the Max is slightly lighter

#5 Mark Patton, May 4, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2018
    ferris209 likes this.
  6. Mark Patton

Here is a comparison. I decided to buy a Rush 12. No idea why, I didn’t NEED it. Apparently this is some type of addiction.

Anyway, Probably too late to help out the original poster but just wanted add it in case others may find it useful.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#6 Mark Patton, Jun 10, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2018
    ferris209 and That Movie Guy like this.
  7. ferris209

ferris209 Loaded Pockets

Thank-you! This is exactly what we needed. It does appear that the Wolf Gray is much lighter than the Double Tap, but it looks more brownish here, is that the lighting?

8. Mark Patton

Yeah it must be the lighting. The Rush material has sort of a “sheen” to it which makes it appear darker and richer. The Maxpedition is almost a “dry faded” look.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ferris209 likes this.