1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Dose'nt anyone carry CELOX or QuickClot?

Discussion in 'First Aid Station' started by RAMBOCAT, Feb 18, 2016.

1. Swe_Nurse

Swe_Nurse Loaded Pockets

This seems to be case of an instructor going way off script and not knowing what they're talking about. He/she is obviously not updated on the mechanics of quikclot so I wouldn't put much stock in what they're saying about availability either unless they can back it with some kind of source.

Sadly this is not uncommon, there are plenty of instructors in all kinds of courses that simply regurgitates what they were once taught/have heard. Such as the "radial pulse means at least 90 BP", "tourniquets should be loosened every 20 minutes to allow blood to flow to the tissue", "keep the injured body part above the heart" or even "tourniquets are bad, they lead to loss of limb".

2. NelsonIII

NelsonIII Loaded Pockets

I'd carry some if I was an LEO.

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

3. Timlugia

Timlugia Loaded Pockets

Only powder on the market at the moment is Celox 2g and 15g.
    But they have complete different mechanic than Quikclot, all "burning" 1st Gen Quikclot powder has been discontinued since 2008.

4. Fire Fighter

Fire Fighter Loaded Pockets

Celox, Combat gauze or Quikclot. Whatever you add stay away from the granules and stick to your prefered brand of gauze (I carry Quikclot sports gauze which is great for very serious road/gravel rash). Granules have to be washed out and then removed one-by-one before ER or triage treatment is complete. Don't want that stuff under your stiches.

EDIT: removed unrelated info to OP.

5. gazz98

gazz98 Loaded Pockets

I'll be buying something like this shortly. I'm redoing my FAK and hope to add more items to deal with trauma as opposed to an "ouchy" kit. I'm in the middle of doing my research. Tomorrow is a trip to the library to check out First Aid books.

6. kensington

kensington Loaded Pockets

I carry a package of quickclot in several of my kits, I would carry more if I could afford it, the stuff is not cheap.