1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Doorknob 1 - Casio 0

Discussion in 'Watches' started by Gunfyter_6, May 21, 2006.

1. Gunfyter_6

Gunfyter_6 Empty Pockets

My Casio AMW320R-1EV & bathroom door knob had a brief, but heated exchange. :knuppel2:

The Casio lost. :( :mad:

How do you guys with your expensive watches keep 'em looking good? :confused:
    My Casio (not really expensive) only lasted a few weeks before getting dinged.

Thinking of going back to my DW-5600E

Can't really ding up rubber :armor:

2. LowWorm

LowWorm Guest

Dang, Gunfyter, that's how all my previous watches got bumped off! I thought I was the only one with a fatal watch/doorknob attraction problem.

My rubber Casio Baby-G square face so far seems impervious to doorknobs and wall corners (my other nemesis), but we'll see.

3. Gunfyter_6

Gunfyter_6 Empty Pockets

Thanks LowWorm.
    It's good to know I'm not alone in my suffering from.... "Watch & Door-Knobits"

(btw sorry for betting against ya during the chick fight)

4. LowWorm

LowWorm Guest

I don't know why people bother to have dogs protect their homes, when a few carefully placed doorknobs could just as easily take out any intruders...or at least their watches...

It's okay, Gunfyter. I forgive you for backing the wrong woman in the inaugural EDCF Chick Fight! Denise got her salad tossed, that's for sure. Next time, I think I'll take on a doorknob... :knuppel2:

5. LowWorm

LowWorm Guest

Duh, forgot to mention this:

http://www.shieldzone.com/

Probably won't protect watch faces from serious impact, but would ward off garden-variety contact marks.

6. Gunfyter_6

Gunfyter_6 Empty Pockets

LowWorm,
    I think people use "LOL" way too much however... I really did LOL when I read your post!

Maybe because there's some truth to the SD aspect of doorknobs ;D

7. Gunfyter_6

Gunfyter_6 Empty Pockets

8. Lunal_Tic

Lunal_Tic Empty Pockets

If you have a flat crystal there are sticky backed silicone disks that I've seen for sale. They are about 2mm thick and curve at the edges. I've only seen them in stores so it will probably take some searching to find them online.

Suunto also make protectors for some of their watches. You might be able to cut down one of those.

-LT

9. pipedreams

pipedreams Loaded Pockets

You need one of those do-hickies we used to put on our Swatches back in the '80s! :)

todd

10. Gadget Guy

Gadget Guy Banned

do-hickies... Hehehehe. Isn't that a great name! ;D along with dealies, gizmo's, thingimabobs, whatchamacallits, etc...

GG

11. thesurefire

thesurefire Empty Pockets

I don’t buy expensive watches that cant take the beating :knuppel2: I found my Seikos and Citizens have held up much better then any 'cheapie' watch I've had. I would imagine Omega's and Rolex's would fare just as well if not better.

12. sween1911

sween1911 Loaded Pockets

My Citizen diver's watch (regular quartz chrono) took a whack a few weeks ago. I have yet to send it in to get the crystal replaced, but I picked up a G-shock DW5600 at Walmart to be my indestructible EDC rough duty watch.

I helped a friend finish his basement and he wore a blue dial gold/SS Rolex Sub the entire time. Swinging hammers, lifting 2X4's, firing Ramset nails into the concrete floor, the whole nine yards. The thing never flinched.