1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

"don't leave all that crap there"...

Discussion in 'General EDC Discussion' started by dave90, Feb 23, 2010.

1. dave90

dave90 Loaded Pockets

Just wondering where or how everyone deals with the pile of stuff they download from their pockets every night: All your EDC gear, loose change, stuff you've picked up or hoarded over the day or whatever ends up in your pockets at the end of the day.

I've been organised by the misses now as she's sick of me accumulating random piles of stuff around the house. I'm a bit of a serial hoarder so it gets a bit out of hand sometimes I'll admit. I new have a bag for receipts that need keeping (the ones that don't I always shred and compost anyway) and a basket thing for all my stuff to get thrown in. I've found it quite handy now I can take the basket to the garage and file all the screws/nails or whatever I might have rescued from various places :angel:

Looking at some posts here most of you are already pretty organised though.

2. Boy SureFire

Boy SureFire May The Bridges I Burn Light The Way

Welcom to EDCF :roof:. I'm single unlike you, but Let's see where my EDC goes (I don't own a gun)...

Spyderco Endura 4 Wave goes under the pillow.

My three Surefire's + holsters get piled next to my bed, or put on my cargo pants for the next day (3D-cell LED Maglite w/stainless steel striker bezel sits next to the bed so there's no need for the SF's).

Cell & blue tooth go on the charger, while the holster stays on the belt.

Wallet, keys, & BM tac pen go to the next cargo pants, on the floor near the bed, or in the dresser.

Leatherman PST stays with the lights or wallet etc.

My pre-packed cargo pants for the next day (including knives which get left out on school days due to college rules :thumbsdown:):
    [​IMG]

3. Monocrom

Monocrom Loaded Pockets

I don't take anything out of my pockets. Everything stays where it is on a daily basis.

4. Valerian

Valerian Tea-powered admin

Me neither. :iagree:

I see what you mean, though. I have a box of EDC goodies at home, where I keep latest acquisitions or other stuff I like to keep in rotation, and stuff I actually use or need frequently but don't EDC. Then I have a couple more boxes in the closet for the less used stuff.

5. NeonLights

NeonLights Loaded Pockets

I used to have piles of EDC stuff here and there all the time, but finally got a little bit organized and put my most used stuff in one place. I put everything in a 10" oriental-themed serving tray my wife and I got on our honeymoon 15 years ago that sits on top of the microwave, which is right inside the back door. It has various knives, car keys, flashlights, cell phone, etc in it and ready to go as I walk out the door.

6. Boy SureFire

Boy SureFire May The Bridges I Burn Light The Way

About the only stuff in my lot that rotates is the folder, since the Endura's size can make it inappropriate for carry. I own five lights (6D mag on the way), so I don't do a whole lot of rotating with lights. The SF's are always on me, and the Mag is pretty much only used for dog walking and trash detail (putting the cans out). The Tac pen is all alone, so there's never a rotation of writing implements :shrug:.

7. NAdams65

NAdams65 Empty Pockets

Eveything stays in my EDC bag.

I have a Rubbermaid container for all my FAK/EDC/para-cord overflow.

We are preparing to move, so everything has to be tidy 24/7 for those surprise house-showings.

Maybe assign yourself a "junk-drawer" in the house somewhere.....unload your stuff into the drawer daily.
    I did this for my kids....they are always coming home with little treasures from school/parties......when the drawer
    gets too full....time to clean it out and recycle some treasures back to school

8. Rawls

Rawls Loaded Pockets

Most of my stuff goes in one to two places: my charging station that I made or my night stand. All of the electronic stuff goes on the charging station with my Moleskine and pen right next to it and my blade, light, and watch stand watch on the nightstand organized according to most use (light, then watch, then knife) but all are within easy reach.

9. TECENG
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • Sponsor - Manufacturer
    • In Omnia Paratus

TECENG Loaded Pockets

Lucky for me I have an office at home so I can corral everything there and keep it out of sight. However I don't necessarily want all my stuff thrown all over the office either. So I have one of those clear plastic shoe storage hangers that hang on the back of the door. I keep most all of my ECC stuff organized in eack of those pockets, and since they are clear I can see evreything. 24 pockets of EDC storage goodness. Of course, if they are not all full then I have to , well, you know.... :laugh:

10. chavez

chavez Loaded Pockets

A valet tray / dress organizer is a good place to dump all your EDC stuff at the end of the day. Amazon has lots of choices from $10 and up.

11. jehan60188

jehan60188 Loaded Pockets

12. Flight-ER-Doc

Flight-ER-Doc Loaded Pockets

My pocket contents go on my dresser top; the flashlight and Glock go on my nightstand. My wife leaves them alone. I put everything in the same place every night so I can find it, even in the dark.

Leaving stuff scattered around is tactically unsound.

13. jsmitty1967
    • In Omnia Paratus

jsmitty1967 Go Big Blue

Fortunately I have my own dresser in the bedroom. The top drawer is just for my EDC stuff and other goodies that I don't want others messing with. I have a three tray plastic organizer in the drawer for the bulk of my stuff. On the top of my dresser I have a pewter change dish for small things, and a valet for the larger ones. The valet has a single drawer so I keep my 4 or 5 most frequesntly used lights and knives in there. A lot of the time though at the end of the day I just put my pants on the chair and do the "exchange" the next morning.

14. nmanhipot

nmanhipot Empty Pockets

I carry a lot of stuff in my backpack, so I do my best to keep it all concentrated in the backpack in the evenings so it doesn't escape and get lost (by itself, naturally). Pocket-based stuff like wallets, electronics and keys go in a computer cabinet that I've dubbed my "locker". I have a power strip in there with all the chargers plugged in that I can switch on when it's time to charge everything and switch off to conserve energy and hopefully extend the life of the chargers. Wallet and electronics go on a round slab of marble my dad gave me and keys get hung on pushpins on one of the doors corkboards. I'm pretty bad about hoarding EDC type stuff so I've got a couple of boxes that I keep my overflow in. :shrug: I like the idea of the 24-pocket organizer, btw! ;D

I also tend to have different sets of stuff, for instance, I have a flashlight whose sole mission in life is to go between the den in the basement and my nightstand. That way, it's only in one of two places should I need it at any other time. I also have weapons that live under the bed and never go anywhere else. I also have things that live in the car, things that live in the motorcycle panniers, bicycle panniers, etc. I'm organizationally challenged but having an EDC bag has really helped to keep from misplacing things.

15. solocanoe

solocanoe Empty Pockets

this is "right on" for me too. I load/unload out of and into the RUSH 24 daily. My Tommy's gun pack goes into it at night, one of the Glocks goes into a smart carry with a surefire on the other side mag pocket. If I have anything in my pockets (rare) ...that would also get loaded into the bag until tommorrow.

I too have a "Tub-O-EDC-Goodness" to hold extra stuff/ammo/holsters/etc... It's become a bigger and bigger tub... :laugh:..and it lives in my closet.

My cell phone is usually charged at work or driving, as I travel between 3 offices in 3 states, (tri state region), so I carry it with me in case I need it.

the over the door organizer is a great idea too! there are also threads here on EDC storage "at home" - some very cool cabinets have been posted. :cool:

16. hatchetjack

hatchetjack EDC Junkie!!!!!

EDC bag same as a few others. Extra non-essentials are in plastic tubs and a large tackle box for the smaller odds and ends. Only thing that rotates out is my folders now and then.

Someone here posted carrying 3 Surefires. Why not an extra set of batteries instead? How do your pants stay up?

17. dave90

dave90 Loaded Pockets

I'm working up to this. At the moment the house is half built so what will be my office is full of boxes and other stuff. Once the loft is finished and the garage is secure I can get more organised, can't wait. :)

At the moment I don't think there's a spare drawer in the house for junk :( I learned quite quickly that emergency clearups when people pop around to see how the house is coming means stuff gets lost very easily (sometimes I suspect on purpose lol).

18. antman157

antman157 Loaded Pockets

All my stuff ends up in my computer room on the desk .. Wife never enters my computer man room ... Whenever the desk gets too full, I trash or roatate gear out .. I always have my fatboy in the room, so it gets new stuff a lot..

Hoping to start building a BoB and get a Jumbo for my birthday

19. carrot

carrot Loaded Pockets

I keep a "toy" drawer for all my cool EDC gear.

20. Rev. Chuck

Rev. Chuck Loaded Pockets

x2