1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Domke F3

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by RFA3, Aug 13, 2013.

1. RFA3

RFA3 Loaded Pockets

I've had this bag for many years as well as many others and recently it dawned on me how useful it is.Designed as a camera bag but has the organition potential of a travel bag also. Just wanted to hear anyones thoughts on it I know it is limited for the size but everyday urban essentials it meets the bill for me everytime. It has all YKK zips made from sturdy canvas and USA made always nice.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

JT2V and vinniec5 like this.
  2. Synaptic Misfire
    • In Omnia Paratus

Synaptic Misfire Loaded Pockets

I have the same bag and it is amazing how much punishment it can take. I bought mine in 1992!

RFA3 likes this.
  3. RFA3

RFA3 Loaded Pockets

I'd say mine is about as old.

4. Ted Andkilde

Ted Andkilde Loaded Pockets

I love the old canvas Domke bags, super comfortable to carry and hold quite a bit for their size. I can't get the same sort of life out of them as you guys, I'm at about two years before my hip wears through the back panel and the strap starts to shred/unravel. Replacement straps are about $10 and the back can be reinforced with an iron on patch to get a little more life out of them. I wish they (or any bag maker as far as that goes) would laminate the foam to the nylon inserts so the foam wouldn't get musher to the bottom of the bag over time.

I'll have to mod my next new one :)

Cheers, Ted

edit: looking closer at your photos, it looks like your dividers are canvas. Interesting, can you confirm? I've had four different models over the years, never an F3.

Last edited by Ted Andkilde, Aug 13, 2013
  5. RFA3

RFA3 Loaded Pockets

I have never seen the back wear out on these with the pocket back there it creates two layers of protection but I guess it is possible.They are known to take some abuse I'm actually looking at mine in the photos and realise it needs a bath.

6. Ted Andkilde

Ted Andkilde Loaded Pockets

Yep, I wear through the pocket at the lower corners.

t