1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Doesn't anyone just carry an old buck anymore?

Discussion in 'Knives' started by Highvalleyranch, Dec 30, 2010.

1. sonny

sonny Empty Pockets

One time I had a Titanium model but never got to use it even though it's lighter than the 110 also the same bulky size. So I let it go.

I've been looking at the standard 110 but the weight and size are the issue.

2. Talonanx

Talonanx Loaded Pockets

Im 14 I carry the buck 110 in my backpocket, I work on a farm so it's built help when you cut haybales.

Oscar4883 and Puinsai like this.
  3. grayman

grayman Loaded Pockets

I've been keeping my eyes open for the Buck 186 for 560 XLT-Ti for some time. I have a 110 given to me by my company with the company logo in the handle for my 10 year anniversary. Never used it. It is a large heavy knife, which I don't really mind so much. You just really need a sheath to carry it.

4. MTguy

MTguy Empty Pockets

I have an old ~1985 422 bucklite that I still carry occasionally. Great old knife.

plumberroy likes this.
  5. GRH

GRH Loaded Pockets

I seem to love bucks

I love buck knives. In my collection I have
    the 110 - for in the bush
    the 55 - literally half the 110 - great little lockback
    Summit - My most often carried EDC. The only thing I don't like is the combo blade
    Mantis - Great little tac knife
    2 Redpoints - Nice little beaters
    Bantam - Good Beater (I'll prbably keep it around for my boys when they are older)
    Parallex (1 big and 1 small). - different design, but nice and light
    Vantage - current EDC fave
    Stockman - nice gentleman's knife (a gift)
    Alpha - replacement for the 110
    Bucklite - an old pocketknife to replace the gerber LST I edc'd at the tme.

I seem to have a strong loyalty to the brand, which I wondered until I had a chance to see my dad's knife collection filled with old Shrades and Bucks. Must run in the family!

Seriously though, if you are a good shopper, you can easily get a good quality knife for not a TON of cash. Heck, I got the Alpha for a third of the price at a sale at the local Canadian Tire store!

6. simbad

simbad Loaded Pockets

I carried my Buck 110 in its sheath on my belt for the last three years, I tried to carry other knives I have like Delicas and Griptilians but I always go back to the 110, it feels very solid and the grip is unique. I also carry a Leatherman Skeletol CX clipped in my pocket for small tasks or that situation where the 110 looks scary for some people.

7. themadplumbarian

themadplumbarian Loaded Pockets

Dose a Case count? heres my Trapper that wife got me from my kids, orange curly zebra wood, she also had it engraved with my initials, and a message from my boys, the sheath also stamped, ... JR
    [​IMG]

8. MCM

MCM Empty Pockets

Have several, but No.
    Not at all

9. ran23
    • In Omnia Paratus

ran23 Loaded Pockets

I was thinking about a Buck back in the 70's. Friends showed me a broken frame lock on one. I got a FSII instead ( Gerber Folding Sporstman II) 35 years later I got my first Benchmade MiniGrip/Grip.

10. dmattaponi

dmattaponi Loaded Pockets

Love the old Buck 110. I've been using one since I was a kid. Nowadays, I have 3 or 4 of them around, but I only carry one when camping, hunting and other outdoor tasks. I used it to dress multiple deer, squirrel, fish, pheasant, etc., not to mention cutting veggies and such at camp. It's a nice belt knife but bigger than I like for pocket carry. For EDC pocket carry I prefer something smaller.

For those who don't know you can still pick up a Buck 110 at Walmart like the one pictured for $29. A steel at that price IMO. The nylon case can be carried either horizonally or vertically. Still made in the U.S.A. (the knife that is).

[​IMG]

11. yuldeli

yuldeli Empty Pockets

Great knife, but too heavy for me to EDC in my pocket and I'm not one for sheaths.

12. sXeBLADE

sXeBLADE Loaded Pockets

Buck 110 in the right pocket of my jacket.
    I'm looking into buying a few more variations of the 110 and 112.

13. GearGuy69

GearGuy69 Loaded Pockets

My dad gave me this old 110 it's from 1987 so it's 28 years old i use ut at work when he gave me the knife i polished it and it stil has the original sheath which i use.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]