1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Does anone feel there edc is complete?

Discussion in 'General EDC Discussion' started by marsos52, Apr 21, 2011.

1. marsos52

marsos52 Loaded Pockets

i know i will always be upgrading and steamlining my edc,, thats some of the fun, right?
    but i really think my edc at all my levels is complete is as far as i have all the bases covered from basic pocket carry,
    to belt carry to bag carry..clothing, and bags and wallets and pouches and gear etc etc

in fact, i have many items i can substiute, for one or another like lights, wallets, watches, knives, bags, muti tools and so on..

so i can make my edc work at so many different levels for my needs at that time..

my want list is at zero.. not to be misunderstood,,,im always looking and thinking of whats next or what can be improved...

2. Nickortizzle1035

Nickortizzle1035 Loaded Pockets

i dont think my EDC will ever be complete. i've pretty much got my pocket carry all squared away, now i need to work on my bag carry and my B.O.B.

3. Boy SureFire

Boy SureFire May The Bridges I Burn Light The Way

I was in hot pursuit of a knife for almost a week straight, but the unobtainable $1300 price put me (oddly enough) at peace with my gear collection. My gear acquisition mentality has changed to organizing & enjoying what I already own. The burning "must look/have new gear" urgency is done for... Lol it's only cost me roughly $6000-7000, & that includes the Surefire 6P that started it all in 2006 to my current Tablet purchase. There are a few regretful purchases/mistakes mixed in with all that spending, but I've grown/learned a lot from the whole experience.

4. tonester

tonester Loaded Pockets

yup, my edc is pretty much set up and i love it. its efficient while still being comfortable. i will always be addicted to knives, gadgets, lights, and other gear, but my main set up will always be:

- knife
    - light
    - lighter
    - pen
    - watch
    - cell phone
    - keys
    - wallet

i might be always switching one knife out for another knife, but i will alway have a blade of some sort. there is nothing that i can think of that i need to add. all the basics are pretty much covered. it took me a while and quite a bit of money to get here, but i am very happy with my set up. ha, i remember when it took me like 3 months just to get the right set up for my keys! its like a weight lifted off my shoulders now :)

5. marsos52

marsos52 Loaded Pockets

i agree tonester,, my keys were the hardest thing to get together,,,i have been changing and working on my key set up for ever.
    a few times i liked the key setup i had, but as things changed,,the set up didnt work,, now i have my keys working perfect and with the add-ons too..

so nice to be complete,,thank G-D for shackles and mcgimzo clips

6. Mcameron

Mcameron Loaded Pockets

ok....ive got to ask.......what knife were you looking at?

7. hatchetjack

hatchetjack EDC Junkie!!!!!

Same here. Stuff will get rotated and maybe upgraded but I don't or haven't found a need to add anything new. I also have items to augment according to the needs of a particular day as I'm sure we all do. I rarely carry a bag anymore unless it's an overnighter or longer. Even my E&E gets left behind on most days.

8. Urban Hermit

Urban Hermit EDC Junkie!!!

I don't think one's EDC can ever really be compete. At least mine probably won't. Just when you think you're close you'll see a new piece of gear you want or a piece you've used a long time will wear out. Or simply, your needs will change.

Besides...what will I do to occupy my spare time if I do complete my EDC and my BOB? I'll have to find a whole new hobby!

9. keith1234
    • In Omnia Paratus

keith1234 Loaded Pockets

I used to think my edc was complete but in the past year I have gone from a MiniMaglite to a Fenix LD20 to an LD10 and an EO5on the keychain, and now I'm thinking of going to a Quark mini. So far my Leatherman Wave isn't changing or the key setup but you never know.

10. ScottAW

ScottAW Loaded Pockets

I rarely switch anything, but current lineup hasn't changed in a long while. Hds clicky, juice s2, mini-grip, zippo.

That doesn't count stuff like phone, keys, wallet, watch.

11. SP120K

SP120K Loaded Pockets

I feel complete with my pocket loads. I feel like edc bags are a bit unnatural (for me) and prefer to keep it simple. I do have a backpack I load up with gear for certain activities but it's not edc.

12. DrChimRichalds
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner

DrChimRichalds Loaded Pockets

My EDC will also never be complete. Lots of things will be (and already have been) swapped out for other things, and so on and so fourth. Knives the most, probably. There's going to be some things that I will always want to keep as my EDC and other things I won't have any problem letting go for something else/better.

One thing I'm fairly content with is my EDC flashlight. It's the one I've wanted forever and I finally have it and love it. But, at the same time, I definitely wouldn't mind another light to alternate with this one.

13. Boy SureFire

Boy SureFire May The Bridges I Burn Light The Way

Google Dwaine Carrillo AKA airkat knives, & you too will go insane with knife lust.

14. sbillard

sbillard Loaded Pockets

I always say my EDC is complete until I discover some new item to complete my EDC :D

15. nuphoria

nuphoria Loaded Pockets

Yes and no.

I have what I need but there's always something else that screams "want" around the corner ;D

I like buying and selling stuff too, so I keep some things moving along.

16. ZenEngineer

ZenEngineer Loaded Pockets

My EDC has not changed for the last 6-8 months. I someday plan to upgrade my watch to Suunto Vector HR, or something similar. Eventually a better flashlight will replace the Nitecore Defender Infinity on my belt, and it's possible that Leatherman might come out with a model that impresses me more than the Wave I've been using for years.

17. SP120K

SP120K Loaded Pockets

Nice to see you stick with the LM Wave, I'm on my second and they have served me well

18. burnd4life

burnd4life Loaded Pockets

I doubt I'll ever be done, my edc is constantly changing based on need, and my desire for the newest and coolest I can afford at the time.

19. ZenEngineer

ZenEngineer Loaded Pockets

The Wave is still the best. I am hoping a future version will have the same wire cutter inserts as the ST300, and that a Titanium body will become standard (instead of Titanium scales on the Charge TTi).

20. SP120K

SP120K Loaded Pockets

The LM Mut / Mut EOD has replaceable wire cutters. And you can attach a rifle cleaning ram rod to the C4 spike's threading. Looks nifty but not fitting of my usage.