1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Do you wear a watch while sleeping?

Discussion in 'Watches' started by EZDog, Feb 9, 2017.

?

Do You Wear a Watch While Sleeping Usually?

1. Yes

84 vote(s)
    50.6%
  2. No

73 vote(s)
    44.0%
  3. Maybe,Wouldn't you like to know?

3 vote(s)
    1.8%
  4. Sleeping Whats Sleeping?

6 vote(s)
    3.6%
  1. Sentinel-14

Sentinel-14 Loaded Pockets

I do not wear a watch in bed, or even at home. As soon as I get home from work my watch goes back on the nightstand next to my alarm clock, and I get through the rest of the night looking at the various clocks around the house if need be. If I ever wake up in the middle of the night and need to know the time, I just roll over and look at my alarm clock: if it's not on then obviously the power's out and I grab my phone instead.

SwampDonkey and Moshe ben David like this.
  2. SwampDonkey

SwampDonkey Loaded Pockets

I could not say it any better aside from I use the smart phone at home if I need precise time since it's usually near but not "on" me per se'.

3. Darth_Revan

Darth_Revan Loaded Pockets

Yes, always. I just take it off in shower and often I clean it while doing it. Or when I want to give my wrist a break. Either way, it will be back on my wrist briefly.

4. faca

faca Loaded Pockets

ALWAYS on ; bed, swimmingpool, shower, sauna, gym, disco, mountain river , garden bbq .
    It's like my there till the end comes

Enviado desde mi Mi 9 SE mediante Tapatalk

5. EZDog

EZDog EDC Junkie!!!!!

Disco?

echo victor likes this.
  6. EMarkM

EMarkM Loaded Pockets

I almost always have one of my watches on. The main time I don't is when I'm in the shower.

I keep trying to do without, and cope with just my phone and the various other clocks/devices in my home and surroundings, but it is just TOO convenient to take a quick glance at my wrist.

I love watches...and part of me wishes I didn't I suppose! :D

7. faca

faca Loaded Pockets

Music festival

Enviado desde mi Mi 9 SE mediante Tapatalk

8. Bauzen

Bauzen Loaded Pockets

If I wake up in the middle of the night or early in the morning, I often check my wrist for the time. If/when I wake up without a watch on my wrist, I panic it thinking it was lost or stolen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Bad Company

Bad Company Loaded Pockets

10. Mark Cassian

Mark Cassian Empty Pockets

Always.

Since serving in the US Army in the '70's, I have rarely been without one. Every watch in my collection gets regular wear. I rotate through several watches every day. I have all movement types, auto, quartz, manual wind. Even though most of my watches are water resistant to more than 100M and I frequently swim with them, I never wear a watch into the shower. After showering, I put on a watch before any other item. If I am without a watch, I find myself looking at my left wrist multiple times a minute until I replace it. I am not a fanatic nor am I frightened by the prospect of not having a watch secured to my wrist, but simply uncomfortable. I now carry several spares so I am never again forced to race to the nearest Walmart for another Casio F91W.

Obsessive? Compulsive? Psycho? Decide for yourself. Regardless, there is a stipulation in my last testament that, upon my repose, a quartz watch with fresh battery is to be properly affixed to my left wrist before burial.

echo victor and Moshe ben David like this.