1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Do you wear a watch while sleeping?

Discussion in 'Watches' started by EZDog, Feb 9, 2017.

?

Do You Wear a Watch While Sleeping Usually?

1. Yes

74 vote(s)
    48.4%
  2. No

70 vote(s)
    45.8%
  3. Maybe,Wouldn't you like to know?

3 vote(s)
    2.0%
  4. Sleeping Whats Sleeping?

6 vote(s)
    3.9%
  1. EZDog

EZDog EDC Junkie!!!!!

Let me just say I never suggested that you psychos were psycho for wearing a watch while you sleep?

So exactly how is it "Fumbling" for some off body device to turn your head to read a clock on the nightstand really?
    I am pretty much blind as a bat and especially when just waking up but I have learned to read the clock from a wide range of distance when in bed and have done so for 50 years.
    I realize that we each have different vision and abilities but really?

Of course it also does not effect my breathing in any way whether you do or do not wear a time piece to sleep.
    I was just shocked as it has never really occurred to me that I should so I am curious.

Batsy and malraux72 like this.
  2. malraux72

malraux72 Loaded Pockets

If it was a fine Rolex imprint that is an image
    No one is blaming you for calling us psychos ! That just naturally evolved from this fun thread.

It is there. Instinctive. Habit.

Hand movement. Not head movement.

It does affect your breathing. I am prone to hyperventilation if separated from my horological instrument.

Batsy likes this.
  3. Gaulois

Gaulois Loaded Pockets

I wore my watch for sleeping back when I was in the army. I almost never wear it in civilian life, or maybe during outdoor/trekking nights.

I remember once that I kept it on my wrist. My ex's hair got stuck in it while sleeping.

Moshe ben David likes this.
  4. bakpackr

bakpackr Loaded Pockets

Never, comes off as soon as I get home

5. Batsy

Batsy Loaded Pockets

I feel it's more of a security blanket for myself. It's been years since I took my watch off each evening, so now it's routine that also prevents me from forgetting in the AM.

I use a projector clock and still resort to my watch in bed versus just looking at the celing..

6. ac7ss
    • In Omnia Paratus

ac7ss Loaded Pockets

I used to wear it to bed for sleep monitoring, I changed watches.
    I agree on seeing the time and not fumbling for my phone, as we won't have a digital clock disturbing our dark. However, we do have an Echo in the room, so I can just ask for time, weather, traffic, news...

malraux72 likes this.
  7. John Scalzi

John Scalzi Loaded Pockets

No. I take mine off every night. My wife sleeps with her fitbit on to track sleep.

Mumbojumboo likes this.
  8. thegrouch314

thegrouch314 Loaded Pockets

I do probably 90% of the time.
    Usually I wear it in bed so that I don't forget to put it back on in the morning and so I can check the time when I wake up in a panic, certain that I've overslept. :censored: blackout curtains. Also so I can check what day it is so I know if I actually need to get up or not :D

Sometimes it annoys me though, the pin digs into the back of my hand if I'm sleeping weirdly or if I have a headache.

9. skukuza

skukuza Loaded Pockets

No point.

10. kensington

kensington Loaded Pockets

I have no business being in this forum (I use the New Posts button), until a couple of years ago the last time I wore a watch was probably 25 years ago.

Only reason I got one was a confluence of evemts, a free (stipulation being that i actually bike off road with him) built mountain bike from a friend, improved health reimnirsment program at work, an improvement in functionality of gps smart watches and I am getting old.

That being said, yes I sleep with my Garmin Vivoactive HR to monitor sleep patterns, very interesting (I am able to pinpoint the exact time each of our kids comes into bed with us). Added benefit is sleep flat on my back so lifting my arm off my chest to see the time is easier and more convenient then turning my head and squinting, a lot.

malraux72 likes this.
  11. DCBman

DCBman Loaded Pockets

Absolutely! I actually can't fall asleep / sleep without my watch on. Of course it probably doesn't help that I work in aviation where things are constantly moving / changing around the clock, 365.25 days per year. In fact, nothing ever stops moving, and if it does there's a major problem! We joke the only constant is change itself, and it's true. Minutes and seconds are what counts, hours and days are just general reference points.

If I didn't have a watch on I believe my head would explode! Cell phone doesn't cut it either. Just the time to find it, screw around with it and get the time is time enough for something to get missed. As for sleeping, if I don't have my watch on I'm constantly wondering what time it is and almost fearful to fall asleep without knowing the time (exactly). Lume is also extremely important so I can see what time it is under any light conditions. A call can come at any minute and having situational awareness makes a critical difference in split second decision making.

Yes, I sleep with a watch on.

xrayit likes this.
  12. adnj

adnj Loaded Pockets

If you wake up in a strange place and need to check the time after passing out, I say, "yes."

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

malraux72 and Moshe ben David like this.
  13. Six String

Six String Loaded Pockets

It depends on the watch. The Rolex doesn't have enough lume to make it worthwhile. The IWC does, so, if I'm wearing it that day, I keep it on all night.

14. indigo_wolf

indigo_wolf AKA Breezy

Of course, some would just look at this as an excuse to wear a neck light while :sleep:.

:rolleyes_revamped:;):rofl:

ATB,
    Sam

malraux72 and Moshe ben David like this.
  15. Dirt

Dirt Empty Pockets

Someone I admire very much taught me that a gentleman never wears his watch to bed. He happened to be my dad. I don't.

Times have certainly changed. I'm sure it's no big deal anymore (I'm an older fart).

I should edit to say 'at home'. When away I may leave it on, just depends.

Last edited by Dirt, Jun 3, 2017
    #55 Dirt, Jun 3, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2017
  16. Mumbojumboo
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner

Mumbojumboo EDC Junkie!!!!!

Fitbit...track your sleep why not? I had no idea I was only getting 4 hours a night on average M-F.

LivingUpNorth and malraux72 like this.
  17. mauiblue

mauiblue Loaded Pockets

I've been wearing a watch to bed for at least 35 year now. I take it off when I shower but right back on after I towel dry. I'm just used to it. BTW, the watch brand I've used all these years is Seiko (divers style). I just sent my Seiko 6309-7049 (owned it since new-circa 1980) for service. I am using a Seiko Kinetic divers watch in the meantime.

malraux72 likes this.
  18. Mark_Trail

Mark_Trail Loaded Pockets

No.
    If I'm wearing a wrist watch it comes off at bedtime

Sent from my NSA monitored iPhone using Tapatalk

19. Melting

Melting Empty Pockets

That s up up for debate! :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ItsHardToKnow likes this.
  20. ItsHardToKnow