1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Do you use Grimlocs?

Discussion in 'Where, When, & How Do We Carry All This Stuff?' started by Turtle75, Dec 24, 2009.

1. vegassprky
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

vegassprky Loaded Circuits

Would'nt advise using belt loops to hang anything from one little snag and goodbye loop! Use the belt instead!

2. neutrontech
    • In Omnia Paratus

neutrontech Loaded Pockets

I think "one little snag" is exaggerating a bit. I've used my belt loops for years, and I've had some pretty hard snags and I have never busted a loop. Granted, the belt would survive a much greater pull, then again the Grimloc breaks away around 80lbs. In any case, it's going to take more than "one little snag" to rip a belt loop.

3. vegassprky
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

vegassprky Loaded Circuits

Best of luck with that, not interested with arguing over it! One day it will rip!

4. neutrontech
    • In Omnia Paratus

neutrontech Loaded Pockets

I'm not trying to argue with you. I agree with you that the belt loop is much weaker then the belt. I'm just saying that a single little snag likely isn't going rip it. I good hard rip, it could. That's all, not trying to be a ****. I apologize if you felt I was trying to start an argument with you.

5. Tx_Mark

Tx_Mark Loaded Pockets

anyone got some spare grimlocs? lol i forgot to add them to my countycomm order XD .. DOH!!! [​IMG]

Like i said before i would attach them to various bags, and use them to hang keys and pouches off of :)

this is an interesting thread because there are so many uses!

6. CatherineM
    • In Omnia Paratus

CatherineM Loaded Pockets

My husband has a habit of ripping belt loops. Of course he doesn't wear Levis. He once ripped a back pocket completely loose on a brand new pair of pants not 10 minutes after putting them on.

7. HPFlashman

HPFlashman Loaded Pockets

Only time I have used grimlocks, was when I was deployed to A-stan. Used them to fix the camelback on my body armour.

8. little green bag

little green bag Loaded Pockets

I always have a few grimlocs on or in my bag. Too useful to not have. I've clipped keys, bottles, pouches and many other things in times of need.

9. Mumbojumboo
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner

Mumbojumboo EDC Junkie!!!!!

That made me laugh!! I bet you still use it sometimes ;)

10. MTFire

MTFire Loaded Pockets

I plan on using the grimlocks for hanging stuff outside of a pocket that I will occasionally use, GPS for example. Keep it in the pocket/pouch and hang on on a lanyard on a grimlocks when in use.

Another use is hanging my gloves outside the pack, I don't want them strored inside; they are fire gloves and always sooty.

John

11. bigguy02

bigguy02 Loaded Pockets

I have 2 on my work bag(rush24) and I hang my lunchbox from them most days, or I hang my nalgene's. I wan to add a few to my daily bag for various reasons.

12. J4C3

J4C3 Guest

Love em getting some more today,I add them to all my bags I put the zipper pulls thru the grimlock then attach to an anchor point so that the zipper pulls cant work open and its puts anyone off fiddling.
    I found on a couple of bags when lugging a load and lots of movement they can work open a slight bit,also had someone open a pocket in a busy mall.
    Also it takes a few more seconds to open/close with this method while this can be a pain it makes you more mindful to ensure you have closed up well,pay for too much for my Kit to see it fall out

13. Will_Power

Will_Power Loaded Pockets

Think you could post some photos of that? I'd love to learn how you've got that set up.

14. Siwhite

Siwhite Loaded Pockets

I have a gridlock on the bottom of my shoulder strap, for clipping my dog lead to. It makes for hands free dog walking, ad I have a retractable lead so he can run about.

15. billybag
    • In Omnia Paratus

billybag Loaded Pockets

Should be getting some in an order today, not sure how I'm going to use them yet.

16. CanvasNBrass

CanvasNBrass Loaded Pockets

I have five in tan that I use in assorted ways. Back when they first came out I snapped them up when they weren't so popular. For 5 I paid a grand total of....$5. Should've bought more. I only have one in use right now on my EDC bag. Holds my LifeGear 200 Hour Lightstick in place.

17. able_man
    • In Omnia Paratus

able_man Loaded Pockets

I just got some today. I've got a couple of ideas of what I'm going to do with them. We'll see what I like best.