1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Do You Rotate Your EDC knives? Pics Inside!

Discussion in 'Knives' started by 44Magpie, Aug 28, 2008.

1. 44Magpie

44Magpie Loaded Pockets

Just wondering how many of you stay with one knife or rotate your knives on a weekly or monthly basis. For me it keeps it interesting to rotate on a weekly, and sometimes even a daily basis. For the past few years I've kept a selection of six to ten folders of various lengths and styles on hand that I switch through on a regular basis depending on the situation I'm in. I'd like to know if this is a common practice or do you more or less stay with one knife.
    Here's my current rotation, from the top:
    Boker CLB M Type
    Kirby Lambert Inferno
    Spyderco Citadel auto
    Kershaw Nakamura
    Boker Magnum auto
    Gerber "Fatty"
    Kershaw Chive
    [img width=640 height=480]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v630/44Magpie/edc_rotation.jpg[/img]

2. parnass

parnass Loaded Pockets

I usually keep a different knife, often an SAK, in each jacket and vest. When I wear a different outer garment, I suppose I am rotating knives in that respect.

3. carrot

carrot Loaded Pockets

I carry the same knife every day. I'm fairly resistant to change. I will carry different knives depending on the occasion, etc, though.

4. SALT

SALT Loaded Pockets

I tend to carry the same knife for the same task

Emerson p-sark at work
    Bokerplus Wharcom out of work

Several other work there way in and out, but it really depends on what I am doing that day, but there is always at least one

5. Bubba

Bubba Loaded Pockets

I usually change out a EDC knife when the clip breaks or I bust the tip off, that comes to every few years

I also carry according to where I'm going, larger knives when hiking, etc

6. Daywalker
    • In Omnia Paratus

Daywalker EDC Junkie!!!

Aloha 44Magpie,

GREAT picture!!! :roof: AND I got one of them Magnum Auto's also!!! :-X

I rotate my EDC's...pretty much to echo what has already been said, I carry according to where I am going or what I am doing...

God bless! :angel:

7. c22m22c

c22m22c Loaded Pockets

Is the pocket clip on the gerber fatty reversible for tip up carry? I can't tell from the pictures.

8. 44Magpie

44Magpie Loaded Pockets

Chad - That M type design of yours at the top of the pic is incredible! It's one of my favorites and the fit, finish and lockup are outstanding. IMHO it's one of the great values in a framelock folder on the market today. You really outdid yourself on this one!

9. Crocodilo

Crocodilo Loaded Pockets

Recently I've cut down a bit on my rotation: too much stuff going on.

What I've done is arrange my EDC core items into sets, and rotate them all. For instance, a favorite set containing a Spyder Millie, a BitZ and a LM Charge, and a beater set consisting of an Endura 4 Wave, a SF L1 and a Vic Soldier. I got some five sets arranged, and these are chosen according to the situation: going to work, travelling, stepping out for some errands, the criteria is mainly how long and how far I'll be away from home.

10. Mister Scribble

Mister Scribble Loaded Pockets

You've got a nice little collection of folders! I especially like the Nakamura.
    Beautiful handle.

I'd like to rotate but once I settle on something that works for me, I find
    I usually stick with it.

Right now for EDC I use a Wenger Journeyman Swiss Army Knife (SAK)
    I don't think any other folder will be as useful as the SAK. Right after
    buying it I fixed a loose pot handle with it, and there are always things
    like that which come up.

So I'm a bit reluctant to substitute a regular folder for the SAK.

But I'm not an LEO, so my EDC needs are probably much different from
    yours, I would guess.

11. Roger999

Roger999 Loaded Pockets

I always carry a vic huntsman and I would choose what ever folder fits my mood or needs.

12. TKC

TKC Loaded Pockets

I always have my Gene Imgram Pocket Hippo, and I usually rotate the folder that goes with it. BUT, I have been carrying my small Dog Paws Sebbie for awhile now. It is one of my very favorite knives. I do have a nice selection to choose from. If I am not carrying my Dog Paws, then I AM carrying an XM-18.
    [img width=640 height=480]http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u130/TheKnifeCollector/GeneIngramPocketHippo3.jpg[/img]
    [img width=640 height=425]http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u130/TheKnifeCollector/OpenDogPaws.jpg[/img]
    [img width=640 height=480]http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u130/TheKnifeCollector/GeneIngramPocketHippoGrayXM-18.jpg[/img]
    [img width=640 height=425]http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u130/TheKnifeCollector/XM-18s3incherssideshot.jpg[/img]
    Now if I go into Boston where the max blade length is 2 1/2 inches, that one is legally allowed to carry, I will carry one of these:

[img width=640 height=425]http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u130/TheKnifeCollector/CucchiaraGeckosGeckoside.jpg[/img]
    [img width=640 height=425]http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u130/TheKnifeCollector/OpenLittleteaser.jpg[/img]
    [img width=640 height=425]http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u130/TheKnifeCollector/Mini-Whiplash-theotherside.jpg[/img]

13. c22m22c

c22m22c Loaded Pockets

right now i carry a boker subcom until i can make something to replace it, and even then, i'll probably double carry. :-D

14. KevinB

KevinB Loaded Pockets

Yes, I rotate. I usually carry 3 knives: A keychain SAK, a medium SAK, and a locking folder. Sometimes I add a multitool, depending on where I'm going and what I'm doing.

[​IMG]

Kevin B.

15. phatch

phatch Loaded Pockets

Yes, i rotate among:

mini-griptilian--yellow ritter version
    Switchback BM 921
    AG Russell Featherlite
    BM 32 morpho
    Bradley Mayhem
    BM Vex
    SAK Farmer
    SAK OHT, custom orange G-10 scales
    GAK

16. echo63

echo63 Loaded Pockets

i love that paw prints sebbie

17. Unsub

Unsub Empty Pockets

I almost always neck carry a Mule and then I have 3 main folders I rotate through.
    A Lambert Whar ,Caly3/ZDP(most often) and a Tufram Worker depending on what kind of blade I want.
    I have been carrying the Worker a lot just because it is a new purchase and is still in that honeymoon period.

[img width=640 height=480]http://i529.photobucket.com/albums/dd337/Unsubb/P7230006.jpg[/img]

18. TKC

TKC Loaded Pockets

Thank you very much!! It IS one of my favorite knives.

19. bruner

bruner Loaded Pockets

TKC,

+1 on the Dog Paws blade. I've seen you post pics of that one before and I have to say it's one my favorites in your collection.

44Magpie,

Do you like the Gerber Fatty? I've seen that one at Walmart for some time now and have been tempted to purchase one.

Dan

:)

20. flip

flip Empty Pockets

A small Sebenza almost always goes with me. 2nd and 3rd knife duties gets split up between a BM 530 and 12800 Gaucho, one of several different CRKT Titanium S-2 models, CRKT Titanium Mirage and small M16s.