1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Do you get comments on your EDC bag?

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by mdsmith, Dec 12, 2013.

1. thekapow

thekapow EDC Junkie!!!!!

Yes i did before i removed the patches from my rush12.. I had alot of patches on there, mostly military stuff.. I could see people looking at the bag when scanning the area behind me on the subway window reflection, and people would ask me about stuff like 'what branch bla bla'.. Removed all the patches and now people dont look at my bag or ask about stuff..

SAKplumber likes this.
  2. T.H.Cone

T.H.Cone I am senor Fluffy, hear me roar

What you need is something like the turtle patch Mrs. Redman made for me. It totally confuses them long enough so you can break contact and E & E. People can't wrap their minds around a grown man with Murse that has a cartoonish turtle on it. They're all like, "What the..." and then POOF, back into the shadows I go.

[​IMG]

3. Al Effendi

Al Effendi Loaded Pockets

My iPad 2 rides in. Timbuk2 tablet sleeve, which I carry in a Maxpedition Lunada. The fit is a little tight, but definitely not too much so. After that, there is still room in the main compartment for a FAK, rollup pencil holder, 20 yards of 550 cord, and my magic faerie wand.

Too many people tell me I look intimidating--my wife says I could carry HER purse and no one would f#%* with me--but I'm really just a walking cupcake.

Nonetheless, everything I attach to my pack is black. Got to keep up appearances. If anyone says it looks anything less than manly, I just open up this toolk--uhh... I mean torture implements.
    [​IMG]
    (That's a Max EDC attached to the Lunada; the PALS webbing gives us many options to accessorize our virility).

--Al

Rusty412, JTPhoenix, Motorman and 3 others like this.
  4. Montani

Montani Loaded Pockets

I carry my Maxpedition jumbo versipack constantly and received many compliments on it.

bzimmerly likes this.
  5. riot

riot Loaded Pockets

I've only had one comment on my EDC bag. Someone asked me if it was my "apocalypse bag"; I said yes. Never was asked again.

Sent from my HTC Droid DNA using Tapatalk!

6. deltic55000

deltic55000 Loaded Pockets

No one comments on my bag... that's the way i like it.

AnthonySC likes this.
  7. powerring
    • In Omnia Paratus

powerring Loaded Pockets

Agreed. Duluth Trading makes a pack called the Dozer Jr. that's made out of their fire hose fabric with leather trim. It's a rugged and classic guy's pack that will fit right in at the construction site. I like mine a lot.

Going back to the thread title, the pack I've gotten the most positive comments on is my Duluth Deluxe Daypack (from Duluth Pack, a different company). Someone mentions how nice it is almost every time I use it. Real American craftsmanship.

The Dozer Jr. looks a lot like my Duluth Daypack but it's not quite as big or heavy (nor is it U.S. made, if that matters to you). It has better organization though.

8. CSM-101
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

CSM-101 EDC Junkie!!!!!

Only thing anyone has said to me was positive... I had a service appointment for my truck and the guy checking me in asked about my Maxped Fatboy,
    He said he carried a Jumbo and asked how I liked it.

9. FrozenMuffin

FrozenMuffin Loaded Pockets

The girlfriends/wives will give you a hard time until you have a tampon and some advil at the right time. Just saying...
    Honestly the people I don't know usually pass it off as a normal backpack. If they ask what I have in it I'll usually respond with a "What don't I have in here"

kikaida likes this.
  10. Kilted1

Kilted1 Loaded Pockets

My wife used to razz me quite a lot, it quit after about the eleventy-gidzillionth time something came out of that bag to save the day (or at least the moment). Aside from that, I've only been asked about my bag once. It was my buddy while we were at a beer fest. He just wanted to know how much water it held, how much it cost and where to get one.

11. hawkeye180

hawkeye180 Loaded Pockets

My parents and a few of my friends will say, "hawkeye180 never goes anywhere without his back pack."

12. Blair

Blair Loaded Pockets

No stupid suckers are dumb enough to run their ignorance holes at me...

GearAdDiCtIoN and FrozenMuffin like this.
  13. BrianEDC

BrianEDC Loaded Pockets

I have a few folks who'll comment when they see something new (as in, "New bag? Can I see?"), and one or two who roll their eyes.

Yesterday was a fun one though. I was at (an) Operation ELF, in a line, and the guy behind me (who I know) says, "What is that rig ...?" or something to that effect on sighting the new TAD FP EDC ... and wanted to check it out along with the MaxPed Larkspur I had in hand, which didn't sell at silent auction.

14. tigz

tigz Loaded Pockets

Boy am I glad this thread pop in; so my wife questions why I have two or three same bags and why do I carry them anywhere, everywhere we go, then my kid teases me that he saw another guy up ahead wearing same pack as mine! From two of my co-workers who also likes bags- designer bags that is, they ask where I got mine. Perhaps just out of curiosity since they won't copy my tactical gear knowing them accustomed to suits.

15. Maze

Maze Loaded Pockets

I just posted this in another thread, but it's true:

I've had a couple of people ask me, "What's in the bag man?"

I tell them, "My makeup." I say it with a straight face. They either laugh or walk away confused.

16. TacticalMunky

TacticalMunky Loaded Pockets

I got asked today about my Maxped Sitka, mostly the dude was curious if he should get one, and I'm always happy to off some EDC advice based on my experiences. I also get the usual "he's got everything in his bag" from the family. Usually I get a few looks from people and I'll give a nod to fellas who are rockin a bag too. The community of EDCers is growing IMO, and the jokes are usually used on the guys or girls carrying a bag that is really out of place.

17. ran23
    • In Omnia Paratus

ran23 Loaded Pockets

I am more concered by LE about any Maxped bag I carry, gun friendly state here.

18. 0dBm

0dBm Loaded Pockets

I've carried the ubiquitous briefcase for over 40 years. Never even seen a smirk. Women don bags because of the fashion statement. Men simply carry briefcases because of the utility. When initially carrying the briefcase, others will simply want to know the contents. Don't tell them what's inside: they will just become more curious and levy comical focus on YOU. Don't show them what's inside: they will just smirk and chuckle at your attempt at grade school "show and tell."

Simply allow what you have inside the bag to BE SEEN without you actually making the effort to show it. The items in the bag should be those that one would automatically determine SHOULD BE carried in a bag such lunch, a spare shirt, documents, or a laptop or notebook. In due time, others will simply become accustomed to seeing the bag without making a big seal of you carrying it.

Avoid the effeminate colors; and the unique, obtuse features that would systematically draw unwanted attention. The man's briefcase should be ALL about the utility: the genuine, bonafide, "druther NOT carry the darn thing 'cept I gotta 'cuz of the things I can't lug wit me bare mits" REASON.

ninja.medic likes this.
  19. commanderslick

commanderslick Empty Pockets

You sir are a brilliant man. LOL

jfoster, SAKplumber and T.H.Cone like this.
  20. T.H.Cone

T.H.Cone I am senor Fluffy, hear me roar

LOL, is right.:D

SAKplumber likes this.