1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Do you EDC an mp3 player?

Discussion in 'Electronic Devices' started by Sly, May 12, 2016.

1. Moshe ben David

Moshe ben David Loaded Pockets

Basically two of them.

Years ago I used to use a Palm Pilot. And then devices that used that OS. When all that fell by the wayside I moved to the iPod Touch for the calendar, address book, and email. That device is a 2nd generation iPod Touch and is about to be retired -- it can't keep up with today's Internet. I always have about 5 GB of music on it.

In my car I keep an iPod Classic. Holds about 160 GB of music. I set it on random and have my own version of a free form radio station as I drive!

L'chaim!

Moshe ben David

MCPOWoller likes this.
  2. T Shrapnel-Carruthers

T Shrapnel-Carruthers Loaded Pockets

Started with a RIO PMP500, then an iPod mini 1G, Nano 3G, and finally a Shuffle 2G. Liked the Nano the most.

3. Rockman18

Rockman18 Loaded Pockets

I started with a Halo special edition Zune and loved the ui and sound that it produced but when it got ruined I thought that I should get something that was actually supported and bought an ipod and have hated it from the day I bought it. I work in construction and listen to podcasts during the day with a LG Bluetooth headset and it works great

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

4. Zangetsu74

Zangetsu74 Loaded Pockets

Update :
    I have discovered the joys of mobile HI-Fi music.
    I have re-encoded all my old CDs in FLAC & bought a dedicated HI-FI mobile player (AK Jr) and earpads (Audio Technica MSR7).
    I could have kept my smartphone to play those files, but the battery consumption is somewhat too important for my smartphone ; and furthermore, my phone tends to be fragile : I have broken it twice in 3 months.
    Therefore I NOW prefer to have a dedicated tool for my music :-D

5. ElSockoBlanco

ElSockoBlanco Loaded Pockets

I´ve been carrying an AGPtek Mp3Player for over year now and it´s really handy. Long runtime, microSD, uncompressed audio...and I can leave it at the HiFi at a party without worrying about it getting stolen and it´s easy to operate and navigate.
    Way more convenient than using my mobile...

6. Westerdutch

Westerdutch Loaded Pockets

Oh, that's very interesting to see a positive review on the reliability of an AGPtek! I have been considering an A12 to replace my beloved Sandisk Clip+ (may she rest in pieces) but i've been putting if off because of some very bad experiences from a couple friends and different forums. What model do you use if you don't mind me asking?

7. Desertratt1322

Desertratt1322 Loaded Pockets

I keep all my music on my Samsung Note 5.

8. ElSockoBlanco

ElSockoBlanco Loaded Pockets

I guess the agptek a02 is the most recent version of the one I have...you're welcome :)

9. Westerdutch

Westerdutch Loaded Pockets

Oh that a02 is nice and small too! Does it have a built-in microphone for voice recording and if so is the quality anywhere near decent? I have plenty mp3 players but the one thing i'm missing is something that can clip to a collar to record separate audio when shooting videos (clip+ was great for that). This could fit the bill but actual specs are difficult to find on these players.

10. JC807

JC807 Loaded Pockets

i've EDC'd music since i was 15, just over 20 years ago. firstly tape walkmans, then discmans.
    at the turn of the century I had the clip on mp3 player for the Ericsson T28:
    [​IMG]

After that I went to a Sony MP3 walkman, then in 2009 iPhone 3gs, then 4s, 5s, 6s.

DIlan likes this.
  11. Dr Jekell
    • Administrator
    • In Omnia Paratus

Dr Jekell I had fun once, It was awful.
    Staff Member

One of us, one of us, one of us....

I had a look at that music player and I can't say the sharp angles appeal to me but the reviews are favorable

12. DIlan

DIlan Loaded Pockets

I use my smartphone for music EDC... of course, I have a :censored: memory card and a nice pair of Sony and Sennheiser headphones. And for now, it suits my needs. Think that I still have an old walkman and disc player (good old days). :)

13. jkjustic

jkjustic Loaded Pockets

I use my smartphone as well. but I still carry an original Ipod nano when I travel to certain countries so not to draw too much attention. it also doubles as a thumb drive too. [​IMG]

14. Jammin82

Jammin82 Loaded Pockets

Fiio X3 II - I listen to lossless files, carry a pile of music around on MicroSD cards in a holder thays same size n shape as a credit card. The Fiio sounds amazing, plays any file type/encoding you throwat it, and with the flexibility of the MicroSD card swappage, it's awesome. With good earbuds, it also sounds amazing!

Waiting for the Fiio X5 III... oh, and I don't have to use iTunes!

Last edited by Jammin82, Feb 4, 2017
    #74 Jammin82, Feb 4, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2017
    BowmanJW likes this.
  15. Jammin82

Jammin82 Loaded Pockets

It's pretty much drag n drop, but a word of advice... Do the draggin' n droppin' to your card in a USB 3.0 card reader. If you load the card whilst in the Fiio, it is excruciatingly slow, since that connection is USB 2...

16. Moshe ben David

Moshe ben David Loaded Pockets

Wow! With the demise of the iPod Classic (as far as Apple is concerned!), I've been wondering what, short of a smart phone, could be used for keeping my music library reasonably (meaning in pocket) portable. Hadn't researched it at all and hence had never heard of the Fiio device family.

@Jammin82: Amazon shows the X5 2nd generation in stock; but perhaps you already knew that.

L'chaim and thanks!

Moshe ben David

17. AbbyJ504

AbbyJ504 Empty Pockets

I don't carry an MP3 player, I just use my phone and make sure to carry a battery pack or two for long trips.

18. ItsHardToKnow

ItsHardToKnow Loaded Pockets

Apple Ipod Nano a lot of times
    Small, lots of songs, doesnt affect my phone in any way

19. TKC

TKC Loaded Pockets

Only when I go to the gym, do I take my iPod Nano with me. ( I haven't been able to go to the gym in more than a year, due to injuries sustained in a car accident.)

20. garza

garza Loaded Pockets

I sometimes wear my 6th generation Nano in a watch band. The Nano was an employer gift. When I travel by plane, I definitely carry an MP3 player and a small international radio.