1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Do you carry your EDC bag on your person while running errands, like shopping?

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by neutrontech, Aug 2, 2011.

1. VinnyP
    • In Omnia Paratus

VinnyP Loaded Pockets

I only carry a bag if I need to carry something other wise just what is in my pockets. If I have room for useful stuff after that then sure I'll have some "EDC" extras. My car has duplicates of everything I might need so need no need to take a bag to and from home to the car. I have stuff I can chuck into a bag but again I have appropriate duplicates already loaded in my work bags, sports bag and my "Shopping" backpack to save hassle.

2. nuphoria

nuphoria Loaded Pockets

I don't leave anything of value in the car round here - if I brought it with me, it stays with me!

3. phaserrifle

phaserrifle Loaded Pockets

most errands I'll take my bag with me.
    about the only exception are short-distance short-duration stuff. for example, I'm not going to bother grabbing my bag to walk the 100m or so to the local shop, to buy a bottle of milk, and then come straight back.
    infact, on a trip like that, I'm unlikely to grab anything except my wallet and house keys.

but past that, the bag tends to come with me everywhere that it's practical.

4. neutrontech
    • In Omnia Paratus

neutrontech Loaded Pockets

There, fixed that for ya! :)

5. ace19636

ace19636 Loaded Pockets

I carry my bag 95% of the time i am out the 5% is when i go check the mail, go out to the Jeep to get someting ect. Whenever i leve the house for more than 5 minutes i will take my bag with me.

6. Nickortizzle1035

Nickortizzle1035 Loaded Pockets

i am in the same boat as you. i bring my bag to work and pretty much anywhere where i will be away from my jeep for an extended period of time. i don't bring it into stores or other places if i'm going shopping.

7. gdwtvb

gdwtvb Loaded Pockets

I EDC the maxpedition Sitka, and it goes everywhere with me with very few exceptions. I leave it in my car when I'm at work or church. (I work at a trucking company loading trucks. My bag is safer in my car than sitting around the dispatch office.) I've heard other say that they have been asked not to bring bags into stores and such but in the last three years I have carried a bag I have never had any store employees say anything. If they did I would kindly ask them if they confiscate women's purses and refuse to hand it over. Everywhere else I have it with me. For about a month I was self concious, now I call it my purse, and don't really think about it.

Grizz

8. phaserrifle

phaserrifle Loaded Pockets

whish it was true, but my only EDC knife these days lives in my bag, and stays there. due to "legal reasons" :brickwall:

9. tltb26

tltb26 Loaded Pockets

I think most of the variables were covered previously...as a general rule, if I take it from the house, it goes with me everywhere EXCEPT for very short periods of time when I am confident of the location or on the rare & unexpected occasion of going somewhere "we" will get more than normal tension or attention. I keep an extra hoody in both my trucks to cover the pack; I am a firm believer in "out of sight, out of mind". (I know people who had their car windows broken for something in plain view that was of little value or significance...but resulted in $200-$400 in repairs).

My .02.

10. gadgetjack

gadgetjack Loaded Pockets

I am with the group here. It comes to work and back to the house but really only comes with me where I'll be away from the truck for more than an hour or so. My knife, wallet, flashlight, lighter, keys and hankie go everywhere.

11. specwar451

specwar451 Empty Pockets

My Fatboy is with me anytime I go out except to work. It carries my FAK, meds, phone, wallet, multitool, knife, and weapon w/mags. My youngest daughter laughs every time I wear it out, but when I remind her that it carries the Credit Card for which I buy her stuff for college, she shuts up. It never leaves my side until I get home and hang it on the back of the door.

12. Jack_Wood

Jack_Wood Loaded Pockets

My bag is a messenger bag in a city full of cyclists, so it doesn't attract a lot of attention. Since I use it for school books, it's a larger bag, which makes it perfect to use as a market bag when its' not full of books.
    So yeah, it definitely goes to the store with me, and most other places too. For one thing, I hate not having my water bottle on me.
    I think the only times it isn't with me is when I go for jogs, or maybe the occasional short walk to the corner store for canned tea or coffee.