1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Do you carry lefty or righty?

Discussion in 'Watches' started by mightywombat, Dec 28, 2011.

1. mightywombat

mightywombat Loaded Pockets

Funny, I have taught myself how to eat left-handed since I got sick to death of swapping knife and fork back and forth. So I just keep my knife in my right and my fork in my left when I'm eating and everything works out fine. I've been told that this is "English-style" flatware handling.

Also, I have been wearing my watch for a while now and find that wearing it on the left doesn't impede the use of the dials and knobs at all, so I'm still wearing my watch lefty.

2. TarHeelBrit
    • In Omnia Paratus

TarHeelBrit Loaded Pockets

I gave up trying to wear a wrist watch years ago. I kill them after about a week, both wind up and battery powered ones just stop and never go again. My sister has the same problem. She carries a clip watch on her bag I have a pocket watch.

3. TarHeelBrit
    • In Omnia Paratus

TarHeelBrit Loaded Pockets

Yes it it and it drives my wife crazy. Every time we go to a restaurant I get the "glare" of disapproval over knife in right hand and fork in left. She spends the entire meal swapping silverware around from hand to hand.......Heck I'm too old to change now. :laugh:

4. AlteredMentalStatus

AlteredMentalStatus Loaded Pockets

Wear on the left, allows me to watch it while checking pulses with my right hand.

5. thatotherguy

thatotherguy EDC Junkie!!!!!

I do the English flatware thing too!
    Got in the habit because I use my own right hand designed knife in restaurants, now it just feels strange the other way.
    I carry my watch lefty. It's the way Dad always wore his watch, and when I got my first watch I wanted to be just like Dad. Habit carried over, and here I am, typing this post with my watch on my left wrist as usual.

6. Atomic

Atomic Loaded Pockets

I didn't know it was called English Flatware but that's what I do. I just assumed everyone used the hand they write with to hold the fork and the other to cut.

7. aphex2k

aphex2k Loaded Pockets

Left wrist and left handed.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk