1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Do you carry.......at home!?

Discussion in 'Handguns' started by 0dBm, Jul 11, 2006.

1. beast

beast EDC Junkie

I do the same thing except mine is in my pocket. I'm always outside in the garage with the door open doing something. People seem to stare sometimes, especially if your garage is full of tools and neatly kept!

2. Moonduck

Moonduck Loaded Pockets

Constantly? No. But when I am at home, 90% of my time is spent in one of two rooms, and I am never more than a few feet from a loaded firearm in those rooms. Same can be said for flashlights. I have a competent light with every weapon intended for defensive use. If anything, I have more flashlights scattered about. Makes sense, as I'm about a eight thousand times more likely to need a flashlight than a weapon.

3. HarveyJ

HarveyJ Loaded Pockets

Not all the time, especially when I'm around the kids at home. Otherwise, my firearm is never to far away.

4. 70dart

70dart Loaded Pockets

Always. I may not be carrying my primary pistol, but at the very least I have my North American Arms Guardian in my pocket.

Robert:)

5. deerbnb

deerbnb Loaded Pockets

if I am vertical and wearing pants I will have my Bodyguard in my pocket

6. Vader9900
    • In Omnia Paratus

Vader9900 Loaded Pockets

I sell a lot of stuff on Craigslist. If I have someone coming to the house I put a gun in my belt behind my back. I have a gun in every room in my house plus one in my Maxped Jumbo (usually sitting on the couch in the living room) so I do not carry around the house. I have a knife throwing target set up in the back yard and practice evry day, so I am known as the crazy dude with all the knives and machetes, no one in the neighborhood messes with me.:p I have a Mossberg 500 with 18" barrel, dual pistol grips, heat sheild, ghost rings, 200 lumen light & laster sight. It's ALWAYS close to me!

Last edited by Vader9900, Jun 18, 2012
    beast likes this.
  7. TARFU
    • In Omnia Paratus

TARFU EDC!!!!! Junkie

Why? I hope you live in a loft.

8. 40CalCarlton

40CalCarlton Loaded Pockets

Should get into the habit of carrying from when you wake up and put your pants on to when you take them off, and then having one bedside. I personally keep a Glock 35 in the the night stand and my Glock 23 (EDC) with night sights on the nightstand. Resting on the back side of the night stand is a Remington 870 Express loaded with 00 Buck and 1oz slugs on the side. And of course my 200 lumen stream light on the nightstand. Someone kicks in your door and you can't grab a firearm in a split second then you might as well not even have one. I understand with kids but they don't have to know your carrying it on you!

9. 40CalCarlton

Um is just me or isn't carrying concealed and having a drink of alcohol a felony offense?

10. Vader9900
    • In Omnia Paratus

Vader9900 Loaded Pockets

My neighbor is a city cop. He comes home in his undercover cop car with his M4 in one hand a a case of beer in the other. He is always spouting off city code, I will ask him.

11. BlueTrain

BlueTrain Loaded Pockets

It does seem to make sense to carry while you're at home. I've read that your own home is probably the most dangerous place you could possibly be. In fact, I make it a habit to stay away from home as much as possible.

While you're thinking about that, why don't you see how difficult it is to kick in your own door.

40CalCarlton likes this.
  12. 40CalCarlton

Tell you what my old roommate (idiot) came home drunk one night and couldn't get his key in the door, I know I know he was an idiot. But he had no problem shouldering the door open. Split the whole frame right off. Made me do some research and those front doors can be easily kicked right open they are like plywood with boots on its scary. So I replaced it with a steal frame add on that was pretty beefy. Just a heads up :D

13. kb64

kb64 Empty Pockets

I usually always have my NAA mini revolver on me in the house mowing whatever. When I am away from the house I will add either my Taurus TCP 380 or my 709 Slim. The only exception is in areas that Iowa law says no to, Schools, city parks, government buildings etc.

14. Jutt

Jutt Loaded Pockets

Beretta 1201FP (7 rounds buckshot; semi auto) behind the couch in our den on the north end of the house. 870 w/buckshot in a closet near the center of the house. Glock 19 bedside in the south end of the house. CM9 in my pocket while walking the dog around the neighborhood and elsewhere as that's my concealed gun. Always one within reach.

15. kursac

kursac Loaded Pockets

Once I'm up and get dressed I have my 45 on me till I go to bed. Tooling around the house on Saturday morning with my morning coffee it is still in the safe by my bed. But I would say most of the time it is on me.

16. AJ Dual

AJ Dual Loaded Pockets

Unless I'm going to a school or some prohibited place, or would be drinking socially, like out at a dinner or a wedding, my P32 with it's CTC laser is always in my pocket. My primary EDC carry is my Glock 26, so the P32 is generally for when I'm "unarmed" and the nightstand GunVault electronic access box hols my HK USP 40.

If someone kicks in your door, unless they're a rather inexperienced or wussy home invader who has to work himself up to breaking his way in, you're just not going to have time to run and get a gun in many circumstances.

17. karacer

karacer Loaded Pockets

I don't carry at home, but I do have my shotgun easily accessible for me, as well as 2 9MM pistols. But due to some new neighbors that I don't have a good feeling about, I'm considering carrying at home. Maybe I'm just a little paranoid, since this neighborhood has been mainly the same people forever.