1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Do you carry.......at home!?

Discussion in 'Handguns' started by 0dBm, Jul 11, 2006.

1. dragunov63

dragunov63 Empty Pockets

Know that feeling well
    In the UK, its where Great Britain used to be, you use anything other than harsh language you are going away for longer than the criminal.
    If its wasn't so scarey it would be funny.

Nige

2. Yikes!

Yikes! Loaded Pockets

I keep reading about home invasions... Draw your own conclusions. After 230lbs of dogs are done at least one of them will fetch me the phone.

3. Dog Driver

Dog Driver Empty Pockets

Get yourself a good stout cane and learn to use it for defense, they aren't illegal. I have one that is commonly used for showing cattle.

DD

4. concho

concho Loaded Pockets

P-32 is always on my person.

5. hooked1

hooked1 Empty Pockets

No. Don't want to scare my wife and kids.

6. Urban Hermit

Urban Hermit EDC Junkie!!!

My P-11 isn't always on my person, but it's never out of arms reach usually. I live aloneso don't have to worry about kids getting hold of my gun, and I live in a rough neighborhood. I do have a good dog who alerts me if anyone gets too close to the house so that helps. I have a 2nd 9mm centrally located in a concealed place in the house not to mention a few knives here and there where I can get one quickly.
    One thing though that I recently realized, I don't often have a gun when I go to the bathroom. I always check the lock on my front door before I shower or 'whatever'. But I don't take a gun in there even though it's a very vulnerable time. Something I'm going to have to address I guess.

7. Waterborne

Waterborne Loaded Pockets

I always carry my SR9c, even at home. I may change up holsters for comfort if I am not planning on leaving the house but it is always with me.

8. countybob

countybob Empty Pockets

i am amazed and relieved to read the replies in this thread, i have a p32 in a pocket holster as i type this. it goes in my pocket when i get up in the morning and is beside my bed when i go to sleep at night. i carry everywhere i am legally able to do so. i live in a bad neighborhood, but thought maybe i was being a little too paranoid...... but you all have confirmed my own feelings on the matter, it is better to have it than need it. getting too old and slow to fight,but the b.g.s are still young and quick so i will take any advantage!

9. dmattaponi

dmattaponi Loaded Pockets

No offense, but if caught unprepared there are things that could be far more scary to your wife and kids, than your defensive firearm. I just recently read and viewed a couple news accounts of husbands/fathers losing their families after being caught without a means of defense, against individuals who put no value on human life. Having had a firearm might not have changed those outcomes, but it would have at least provided those men with with a choice and a fighting chance, instead of surrendering their families without any options. Not to mention, I believe they just pulled 3bodies of a couple of poor women and a child, out of a tree in Ohio, who were caught off guard in the comfort and safety of their own home, without means of defense against a human predator. That said, I certainly have no problem with a person deciding that they have no need to carry at home. Your reason just gave me a little pause for concern. You might want to consider educating your wife and children on firearms, instead of limiting your options. Nevertheless, to each his own.

10. Hoshnasi

Hoshnasi Empty Pockets

I hope yours are trained.
    [video=youtube;tZqAGJZEYe8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZqAGJZEYe8[/video]

11. ZX9RCAM

ZX9RCAM Empty Pockets

Always, 100% of home invasions happen at home!

12. medic2807

medic2807 Loaded Pockets

Very rarely, if I am staying home. If I anticipate being away from the house often, I usually am. Luckily my neighbor 3 doors down is a ND Highway Patrol officer and his squad is always parked out front. I swear, the guy never works! We have lived in our "one way in, one way out" subdivision of approx. 100 homes for 3 years and according to the older folks, there hasn't been a single case of violent crime up here. It is a nicer part of town. I would sort of like to see someone try-everyone up here is usually ex-military or a LEO-it would look like Fallujah if someone tried something funny :tickedoff:

13. Treedog

Treedog Empty Pockets

When just messing around the house, I carry a Smith-Wesson 340PD in my front pants pocket.

14. fire65

fire65 Loaded Pockets

My Glock 23 us usually with me at home. The Walther 380 sometimes goes in my pocket if I dont want my holster on.

15. Alex F

Alex F Empty Pockets

I don't generally carry when I'm at home.

16. balitech

balitech Empty Pockets

My father's old trusty 1911 45ACP with 230 gr HP

17. Wayneard3413

Wayneard3413 Empty Pockets

The pistols go on when I get ready for work in the morning and do not come off until the end of the night. It isn't so much a worry about home invasions as it simply something I am used to.

18. sstrawsb

sstrawsb Loaded Pockets

I need to start carrying in my house. There has been a huge increase in break-ins lately and I live in a GOOD neighborhood. My next door neighbor is retired FBI and had someone try to break-in the other night. I should have never sold my Glock 26 :(

19. pike_mazter

pike_mazter Loaded Pockets

Sometimes but generally no more than yes. Usually I have at least a pistol within reach of where I sit. When I go to bed I bring it with me. Always leave one in the same place for my fiance when she is home alone.

20. jac2001

jac2001 Loaded Pockets

Absolutely. Very rarely will I be in the house without either one(or two) on. If they're not on, they're immediately accessible. LE response times are at least 30 minutes or more out here.

J.