1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Do you carry.......at home!?

Discussion in 'Handguns' started by 0dBm, Jul 11, 2006.

1. Erik88

Erik88 Loaded Pockets

Yes I usually carry at home. Usually my XD SC 40 in a Kholster. So comfortable I don't even know it's there.

2. outofdoors

outofdoors Empty Pockets

Yes I carry my xdm .40 on my hip when i am not at work.

3. EODtech

EODtech Loaded Pockets

Ruger LCR (+P ammo ) is always with me at home and outside in the yard. When I get in the car my Glock 38 or 21SF is with me.

4. oldsarge

oldsarge Loaded Pockets

I carry always unless i am going some place where i may have to disrobe and there is no way to secure my firearm.

5. MartinDWhite

MartinDWhite Loaded Pockets

I carry all the time (when legal) CWP. This includes at home, which is usually open carry, Glock 26 or 17 in OWB holster at 5 o'clock.

6. J_C
    • In Omnia Paratus

J_C Loaded Pockets

I guess I'll be the only "No" answer in the thread. I never carry a gun on me at home.

7. surefire7

surefire7 Loaded Pockets

Of course, anything can happen anywhere!

8. II ADAM II

II ADAM II Empty Pockets

I ALWAYS carry at home. I have a Gould and Goodrich shoulder holster system which carries my 92FS

9. jpboyes

jpboyes Empty Pockets

Yes...

Title says it all.

JP

10. bigbob68

bigbob68 Empty Pockets

I carry all the time. Why have something if you are not gonna use it.

11. bobmysterious

bobmysterious Loaded Pockets

I don't carry in my home either. But I live in a relatively small apartment and always have one within reach.

12. csogbk

csogbk Empty Pockets

I heard a Native American saying once, "Coyote is always out there and Coyote is always hungry". I carry everywhere, home included (I am a LEO and lawfully can so I do).

13. yokol

yokol Empty Pockets

well here in the netherlands we arent allowed to carry guns or knife's or peperspray or other weapons around for self protection, the only thing i have to protect my familly is a baseball bat (still illigale).
    its a shame really.. our goverment and department of justice are a bunch of tree hugging hippies, criminals are treated like gods.. those punks got it much beter in there cells then poor citizens in there own homes.

14. lexmedic157

lexmedic157 Loaded Pockets

Currently? Yes. Only because I haven't taken it off. Typically, no, but there's a weapon close by should ****.

15. Hawk9807

Hawk9807 Loaded Pockets

Inside at home, generally no but have one within reach. Outside at home, yes.

16. skeet

skeet Loaded Pockets

Yup, why wouldn't I?

17. KMajors

KMajors Loaded Pockets

Yep always carry at home, and when I am sleeping there is a 1911 and a maglight on the nightstand.

18. OpelBlitz

OpelBlitz Loaded Pockets

I don't carry on my person directly... But there are guns within my reach often. I'm in a tri-level townhouse, and I spend most of my time on the lower level where my garage is. Down there I have an M1 Carbine laying upwards in a cabinet attached to my desk with a loaded 15rd magazine, not charged, along with 3 loaded magazines and an M4 Bayonet. I also have a S&W 686P snubnose revolver in my desk drawer. Those guns stay stationary except when I clean them or to do my daily safety/status check every day when I get home from work (When not home they're all locked). If someone rings my doorbell and I don't recognize who it is (most of the time!), I try to bring the M1 Carbine w/bayonet and lay it next to me when opening the door. I often forget to do this though.

I don't have any guns on the main level. Alongside my bed I have a Mossberg 590A1 loaded, with an M7 Bayonet attached. In my nightstand I have a Smith & Wesson M&P45 in my drawer and a S&W 327PD in the wife's drawer, though I plan on moving that handgun downstairs when I sell the 686P.

The rest of my rifles are locked away in my safe. Do ya think this is too much?

19. Techna

Techna Empty Pockets

I don't carry on my person at home unless I am out in the garage working in the summer and both doors are up. I need to rig up a loud buzzer tripped my a break beam trigger to let me know if someone walks into the garage while I am preoccupied. I was standing at the knife grinder and didn't even notice my girlfriend drive up one time. Scary to think about now.

20. O8SERVER

O8SERVER Empty Pockets

Not usually, although I do have my Glock 17 close at hand with one in the chamber...