1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Do you carry.......at home!?

Discussion in 'Handguns' started by 0dBm, Jul 11, 2006.

1. RichinVA

RichinVA Loaded Pockets

Yes, Glock 19 with some ICC frangies, or.....................

Classic, love it.

R

2. k2mykel

k2mykel Empty Pockets

Simple answer: yes.

3. antman157

antman157 Loaded Pockets

Same here! Im a sheepdog believer too ... I carry a G26 at home

4. greenmountainbooks

greenmountainbooks Loaded Pockets

So does anyone have details on this Hi-Point? Price? Internet link?

5. Jbum

Jbum Loaded Pockets

Always carry at home.

6. Sirvive

Sirvive Loaded Pockets

I just got my holster so I guess my answer is "I will."

7. Dronac

Dronac Empty Pockets

I usually carry at home or have a gun near by when I am at my parents place for school. If I am away for summer work and living on my own, I have a shotgun by the bed, handgun on me at all times, and an AR-15 and AK-47 handy :lolhammer:. I ALWAYS have at the very least a knife to use to get to my gun. Thankfully my state at least allows knives (Up to 5 inch blade folders) on campus.

8. gern_blanston

gern_blanston Loaded Pockets

+1 :thumbsup:

9. greenmountainbooks

I have not in the past...although always have a pocket knife and various heavy items near the front door, but I am rethinking this in light of several home invasions in my area, Berkshire Cty. MA, that was mostly immune to such acts previously.
    MA gravely restricts the type of handgun that can be sold, but I am thinking of looking into a VT purchase (I have a residence there too) of something like the North American Arms Black Spider...two cylinders, 22 LR and 22 mag. Maybe even their tiny 5 shot 22 single action. Both are small enough not to annoy me carrying them about in a pocket.
    I would love the Beretta stainless sub-sized 22 semi-auto, but they are pricey and currently cannot be bought in MA.

10. HOMELAND SECURITY HAM

HOMELAND SECURITY HAM Loaded Pockets

I have an NAA it is great for a back up, and for in your pocket in an emergency in a pinch, however I would not trust it for a knock on the door or worse late at night.

I dont worry too much at night I have an antisocial German Shepard. Unfortunitely the dog was never socialized. We got her from an old lady that had parkinsons. The dog just stayed in a crate for the first two years of her life. After the dog knocked the old lady down enough (when she tried to let it go out for a bathroom break) her husband got concerned and gave her to my family.

She has the run of the house now and is very affectinate with the family. But she wants to bite every one else. We are concerned every time our lawn guy comes and have to hope she doesn't go through the window. The dog is vicious toward everybody outside the family.

To get friends inside our home, they they have to remain accross the street and let us approach while talking to the friend as we approach, then after the dog accepts the fact that I made the approach toward the friend, we can walk the guest back accross trhe street ind into the house.

If the friend has to go out to their car or leaves our home for any reason we have to through the whole process again accross the street again before the friend can get back inside.

When I work midnights my kids have to secure the dog in a bedroom and stand by with her, while the wife opens the door. If it is a bad guy the kids will just open the door. The wife also has her permit and always has a gun in the house also.

When I am home, if there is a late night knock. I get the dog secured and I have the 1911 in my hand hiden behind a magazine while I open the door. My area is usually trouble free, but due to my line of work the family and I stay alert when there is a late night knock.

I have high school aged girls, they know that even if they order a pizza, if the wife and I are not home, they follow the same proceedure. One of the kids stands by with the dog in a bedroom while the other opens the door. If there was a pushy pizza delivery guy or other person, who tried to force their way in to the home, the other girl would release the dog. Being aware of your surroundings includes being cautious inside your home. Although we should not have to go through all this, welcome to 2010!!!! Be safe and protect your family everyone.

11. compy222

compy222 Loaded Pockets

i will carry outside my home, particularly if i'm out with the dog at night. you never know if an animal will attack your dog (be it a possum, skunk, or another stray animal).

i don't usually carry inside the house, however, as i'm the youngest person in my home, i will leave my gun stowed in a dresser drawer right next to my bed/phone. just in case something goes "bump in the night."

12. HOMELAND SECURITY HAM

HOMELAND SECURITY HAM Loaded Pockets

My neighbor (who is a jerk) reciently shot and killed another neighbors pit bull while he was walking his dog.

He probably would have been ok but he was carring a 2" 38 in his pocket and never got a permit.

The sheriff came and after the put the cuffs on him he faked ( i'm sure) having a heart attack. They called rescue, uncuffed him and the paramedics transported him to the hospital. I guess his charges will be filed while he is not in custody.

Modreator feel free to move this if it belongs somewhere else.

13. Lawyerman

Lawyerman Empty Pockets

Yes, I do, though I have not done so in the past. With the security system we have, our dogs etc....it's not really necessary in all probability but I have started doing so in the last year.

14. greenmountainbooks

Did you know that many breeds of sheepdog have a genetic imperitive to protect their flock, even in the abscense of a human? There have been incidents when the shepard has died and at the end of the season when others arrived to bring in the flock, the flock was still florishing in a tightly controlled and breeding group.
    The right breed of dog will stand about a ewe giving birth, but with eyes out searching, looking for preditors; some will eat the afterbirth, apparently as a way of controlling the scent. Some breeds have been bred (or evolutionarily selected) to resemble the sheep they protect, even down to a darkened muzzle and thick wool-colored coat. A near-sighted preditor could not tell the difference between prey and a fanged protector.
    A lesson for humans.

15. iacchus

iacchus Loaded Pockets

If I am indoors, there is always a firearm nearby. If I am cutting grass or doing yardwork, I carry. When I walk the dog, or if I go out at night for something, I carry then also.

16. js27mw11

js27mw11 Loaded Pockets

If Im not leaving the house I always have something nearby. Outside the house then I always carry.

17. jwhite75

jwhite75 Loaded Pockets

As I type...my P228 sits with 14 rounds of Gold Dot on top of my Computer desk. If I leave the house I have a Smith 340, Glock 23 or Sig p228 on my person.

18. montbrew82

montbrew82 Empty Pockets

I have had my carry permit since 2005 and I have carried 24/7, 365 ever since then. If I'm taking a shower, I still bring my G-27 in the bathroom. I was even carrying my Keltec P3AT in an Uncle Mikes iwb holster when I got married and nobody knew other than my wife. As it is, most of us that choose to have, own, and carry firearms will never have to use them in a life or death situation. However, some people will and if I was to be included in the group that will have to face danger, I choose to be prepared to defend myself. The catch is, you never know where and/or when danger will show up, so you increase your chances of survival by carrying as often as possible.

19. fespo276

fespo276 Loaded Pockets

In a word, Yes. My reason is that I have small kids, and I don't feel like opening my safe 10 times a day every time I re-enter the house. So, to make it easy, I start to carry when I get dressed in the morning, and put it away when I dress for bed. In between, I carry.

20. silentstorm16

silentstorm16 Empty Pockets

Always I've read stories of home invasion where the perps were attacking like delievary men and when the unsuspecting victim door open the door they don't know what hits them. 1 second can destroy a lifetime it's always good to have it and not need it, instead of needing it and not having it.