1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Do you carry a light on your key ring?

Discussion in 'Flashlights & Other Illumination Devices' started by Gatsby, Sep 17, 2008.

1. KeyGrip

KeyGrip Loaded Pockets

Hey Carrot, any idea how much the Mako will cost? Is there a thread somewhere?

2. carrot

carrot Loaded Pockets

http://candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=204949

I spoke to Endeavour and he is hoping to keep the price at $100. I wouldn't be surprised if the price got as high as $200 though, as he has made a few changes since the original design/spec.

3. gadgetjack

gadgetjack Loaded Pockets

I carry a Fenix EO1 on my key ring RF and a Fenix LOD on my tool ring LF. I am considering replacing the LOD with a Nitecore EX10 or a SF E1B as I need a bit more light in our warehouse.

4. bruner

bruner Loaded Pockets

I recently carried a LiteFlux LF2 with the diffuser transformed into a pill fob (MY IDEA, which lead up to the battery carrier idea by another CPF member), but I have since moved on.

I fell in love with the NiteCore EX10. It's a bit bulky and a bit heavy, but I decided to "beef-up" my keychain. It's an awesome light and one of the most powerful that I own. I carry a spare CR123 battery for it and some pills in a Jazebra "Pairamedic" pill fob.

[​IMG]

Dan

5. RockyNomad

RockyNomad Loaded Pockets

Fenix EO....great torch.

6. snarkdek

snarkdek Loaded Pockets

I carry a Photon microlight II. I have the newer version that is brighter than the ones that came out a few years ago. I gave the old one to my mom who always had some crappy light that would run out of batteries and was dim when brand new anyway.

I used to carry my arc Arc but found it was just too bulky and stabbed me a few times when crouching. Now the Arc AAA sits in the center console of my truck and the Photon microlight II is EDC. Great light too.

7. Gulden Draak

Gulden Draak Empty Pockets

photon freedom on the keyring. It's there as backup light, but I like it a lot.

8. Jeff9266

Jeff9266 Loaded Pockets

Countycomm fauxton on the keyring - used to have my Arc on there, but have been trying to keep my keyring as light as possible.

Jeff

9. choubbi

choubbi Loaded Pockets

Photon Freedom.
    except for my keys, it's the only thing I have on my keyring.

10. RyanMalpiede

RyanMalpiede Loaded Pockets

Midnight Manager

With the amount of tools this little victorinox toy has, it's a great choice. This is not as bright as the new photons, but it the minimalist way to go.

"Victorinox Midnight Manager red handle, retractable ballpoint pen, mini light, scissors, pen blade, phillips screwdriver / bottle opener, small screwdriver/file "

11. KeyGrip

KeyGrip Loaded Pockets

Thanks C-Dog (is it okay if I call you C-Dog? :p) I'm seriously interested in that Mako. I hope they don't make it too complicated and expensive.

12. subrosa

subrosa Loaded Pockets

I got to admit, I was putting some air in my tires and my ARC-AAA GS put out plenty of light for the task. It is quickly becoming my main and my Surefire E1 outdoorsman sits in my backpack.

13. carrot

carrot Loaded Pockets

:lolhammer: Sure, why not.

I'm hoping the same thing. All I want is a nice reliable light to put on my keychain to replace my tired looking Arc.

14. Woz

Woz Empty Pockets

i have a E01 on my keyring and at least 1 bright light in my pocket plus most often a really bright one in my EDC bag. So the E01 is hardly ever used. Maybe I should lighten my keychain by removing the light, but a keychain without light feels weird...

15. bltkmt

bltkmt Loaded Pockets

I have a Draco AlTIN on a ring with an Atwood Bottlebug that gets carried along with keys (but separately). I don't use it that often, as I work in an office environment...but it has come in very handy occasionally.

16. grimm_kaosboy

grimm_kaosboy Empty Pockets

My keyring is a monstrosity all of itself. 13┬Żoz....I break it into 2 parts, the keys and the crap. :lolhammer:eek:n the crap biner I've got a gerber infinity and it is mostly for back up or low light useage as I carry either a streamlight stinger at work in the warehouse or one of the following a)surefire g2 in a belt pouch b)surefire e2 clipped into a pocket (left front or cargo right handside).one of the three is my main light, the gerber doing back-up or using it with the clip and a ball cap to make a head lamp for working when I need both hands. I also carry a fenix eo1 aaa in my SOS belt pouch(replacing the near to worthless maglight solitaire it came with years ago) that carries my swisschamp. I wish I could trim the fat on the keyring, I've just got too many actual keys between work, vehicles and home.

-Bill Liptak

17. Zwiebelkeks

Zwiebelkeks Empty Pockets

Not on my keychain, but I always have a Photon Microlight II clipped to my front right belt loop (thus hanging outside my pocket), so I won't have to dig my keychain out of my pocket every time I need a light.
    I also edc a Vic Midnite Manager, but it usually sits in my watch pocket for the same reason (and its red LED is ever so anemic - all you can really use it for is locating a keyhole in pitch darkness. Apart from that, its awsome, of course ^^)

18. ReadyFreddy23

ReadyFreddy23 Loaded Pockets

I have a carabiner with 5 key rings.

Leatherman Juice S2 and a photon microlight 2 on one ring
    Car key, alarm, and house key with an ARC-P AAA camo on one ring
    Wife's car key and alarm with a photon microlight 2 on one ring
    Work keys and a fauxton on one ring
    Parents, In-laws, and Wife's Aunt's keys to their homes on one ring with a fauxton.

I use at least one of the lights on my key rings everyday. Although the carabiner is heavy, it's the only way to keep all of these keys organized. I also carry a one CR123 flashlight (either Surefire E1E, Blackhawk Sentinel PL-1, or Dorcy Super 1 Watt in my front left pocket.

19. gadgetjunky

gadgetjunky Loaded Pockets

I keep a L0D-CE on my vehicle key ring and an E01 on my house keys. Both have been perfectly reliable and cover a variety of lighting needs.

I normally also carry either a Milky L1 or a Fenix L1T-v2 as a 'big' light.

20. Dozer

Dozer Loaded Pockets

I have an Arc-P AAA on my primary keychain and an E01 on the keys for my wife car.