1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Do you carry a light on your key ring?

Discussion in 'Flashlights & Other Illumination Devices' started by Gatsby, Sep 17, 2008.

1. automaticjack

automaticjack Loaded Pockets

I read the Fenix E05 has a plastic lens. If so, has anyone had problems with it getting scratched? Do most lights of this size have plastic anyway? Enquiring minds need to know!:frantic:

2. david57strat

david57strat EDC Junkie!!!

I've got the feeling I may have posted this here, or elsewhere (previously), but...

I EDC six lights almost at all times; so the need for/benefit that could possibly be derived, from additionally carrying a keychain light, just aren't there, for me, personally. I carry quite a few keys, and I really don't really like anything other than keys, on my keychain. Things are bulky enough, in my pockets, without adding a light (that would actually be of any real use to me) to my keychain.

I do, however, own one keychain-type light (a Fenix e15 - great little light, but I holster that next to an Olight M20-X (in one of the elastic side pockets), to keep it extremely handy without taking up extra holster space on my belt.

Lastly (and I realize this isn't directly related; but it kind of ties in, as far as carry goes), I guess I'm just not a believer of carrying a light (or a knife) in a pocket, unless it's holstered/sheathed. Granted, most lights/knives are bound to get some dings, scrapes and scuffs, with heavy use, over the years. I get that, and I realize it can't be helped; but why mess 'em up all the more, while they're just siting in a pocket, not even in use, getting all scraped up against other pocket contents/collecting fuzz/lint, unnecessarily? Not for me - no thanks.

I know - opinions vary, and everyone is entitled to his/her own opinion. Thanks for hearing my two cents' -worth.

Last edited by david57strat, Feb 7, 2013
  3. =RedFox=

=RedFox= Loaded Pockets

I love this little guy
    [​IMG]

e2dwml likes this.
  4. Hertz33

Hertz33 EDC Junkie!!!

[​IMG]
    The Truelite Micro. However cool looking it's a bit bulky for my taste.
    Thinking about putting the Led Lenser K1 back on.

I've been sent in from outer space - using Tapatalk 2

Erasergirl likes this.
  5. Vesp
    • In Omnia Paratus

Vesp Loaded Pockets

Yes. the E05 do have a plastic lens. but it is not clear, and built like a difuser. So scratches would not be a problem.
    I have one on my keychain, and usually one in my pocket. Don't think I have seen any scratches in any of the lenses.

automaticjack likes this.
  6. KeyeEl

KeyeEl EDC Junkie!!!!!

7. Cornholio2188

Cornholio2188 Loaded Pockets

[​IMG]

2 lights, 1 cup. I MEAN KEYCHAIN!! 2 KEYCHAIN!! :eek:

automaticjack, Black Helmet and Vesp like this.
  8. Cornholio2188

Really neato stuff you put on there! Whats the furry stuff? And I've always wanted to do that with paracord around a keyring-is that a split ring? :eek:

9. Cornholio2188

Yeah, I only use the nanos since I try to keep the keychain as small as possible. It's much smaller than a fenix e01 and much brighter-but that would be my next choice.

10. automaticjack

automaticjack Loaded Pockets

thanks. TBH I already bought one...eagerly awaited! Been on here a week and I've already got an E01 & a SAK Classic..it's all going to end in tears!

11. Here Comes The BOOM

Here Comes The BOOM EDC Junkie!!!!!

I do not like having too much stuff on my keychain, plus I only have my keys on me outside of the house which means I'd still be a out of a light too often. So I wear mine on the inside of my shirt's collar instead:

[​IMG]

Still waiting for the Quantum DD to replace it with, it's been a month since I ordered it already :(

Cornholio2188 likes this.
  12. defuse kit

defuse kit Loaded Pockets

Sport wrap. Clings to itself, doesn't leave any residue. Great for wrapping ankles, wrists, securing IV lines, or putting on gear.

I put some on the light because that's where the pry bar likes to hit it. So now it keeps quiet and doesn't rub the anodization off. I put some on the pry bar because I had a little left over from something else and it fit there.

And yes, that's gutted paracord over the keying. NOTHING falls off, it's pretty quiet, and it's more visible. And it looks cool :D

Cornholio2188 and Vesp like this.
  13. Cornholio2188

It seems like you have thought of this before! :p Nice keychain setup!

14. Donut
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner

Donut Loaded Pockets

Yes, a MJP Extreme Neutral. I have been very happy with it.