1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Do you advertise...?

Discussion in 'Handguns' started by ReadyFreddy23, Sep 18, 2014.

1. deusvult

deusvult Loaded Pockets

Concealed means concealed. No gun stickers, political stickers or tactical gear. I have a shoulder bag with a concealment compartment, but no patches or logos. Blue jeans, loose shirts and my head on a swivel are the only giveaways.

The neckbeard tier one tacticool operators who "blade at 45°" drive me insane. I don't advertise because it negates any advantage concealed carry may provide.

2. Trespasser

Trespasser Loaded Pockets

Ok I hadn't heard the term "Blade at 45" before and so i did a quick internet search. (Half of you did too, you know who you are). :D Anyway, I found a thread about an open carry at walmart on another forum named after a certain black gun. It was hilarious. So at least I got a good laugh out of the effort to find the term. Thank you.

3. Shike

Shike Loaded Pockets

Do you "Advertise"?

No.

4. deusvult

deusvult Loaded Pockets

I had forgotten about the Walmart thread. That was a laugh riot.

5. MCPOWoller

MCPOWoller Loaded Pockets

I only have an Oakley sticker on my car and on my Camelbak HAWG I only have a US flag and my unit patch. Nothing else.

6. BubbaFett
    • In Omnia Paratus

BubbaFett Loaded Pockets

I inferred what it meant but thanks for leading me to that thread :bounce:

7. Lateck

Lateck Loaded Pockets

No advertising for me.
    I have the gray man mentality.

Lateck,

Ok Cowboy and ran23 like this.
  8. Fisticuffs

Fisticuffs Loaded Pockets

MASSIVE ADRENALINE DUMP!

And I do not advertise, the less people know the better.

9. eloha

eloha Empty Pockets

I will have to agree with all the no answers. There is no reason for strangers to know what I have on me our in my car.

10. Judson Smith

Judson Smith Loaded Pockets

I dont, I do wear 511 pants for work though, my regulatest khakis were getying ruined every day.

11. randylahey

randylahey Loaded Pockets

I don't advertise....I think it's a poor decision. This means anything gun related: shirts, stickers, gun tactical bags, etc. I have a discreet safe locked storage area for my guns. when i go to the range everything comes in a soccer backpack (i don't even play soccer lol). I talk about guns with few people other than the internet. The only people alive who know i have a carry permit are my live in GF (not our children) and the guys who trained me for the class, and some of the guys in IDPA and such who share a mutual respect for gun safety and such. But most people who even know guns and shoot have no clue i do as well.

There is absolutely no reason for anyone to know i enjoy guns, own guns, carry guns, etc. There is no benefit in advertising my love for guns. My sister (who would handle my affairs if incapacitated) know i have them, how to get access, and she has her own FOID in case she needs to do anything with them in my absence. Other than that, there's an Obama sticker on my car and anything else to make people think i DON'T have a gun lol.

12. neutrontech
    • In Omnia Paratus

neutrontech Loaded Pockets

I make sure my kids know full well that I have and carry a gun. I think it's important for them to know, learn, and respect firearms. The more open I am with them, the less they will be curious about them. I allow them to hold them, emptynof course and only under close supervision, so that they learn the proper way to handle them safely. They know to not jump on or grab me when I'm carrying, so as to not accidentally hit or grab my gun.

I have had a frank discussion with them, however, about not talking about the fact I'm carrying or that I even have them. They like to blurt things out, but I have made it very clear that no one needs to know that I'm carrying. So far they haven't said a word.

kertap75, groovster, Lou_G and 2 others like this.
  13. CSM-101
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

CSM-101 EDC Junkie!!!!!

I've got no problems with the idea of camouflage... but an Obama sticker on the car is taking things way too far. :confused::p

stbear, Fisticuffs, groovster and 2 others like this.
  14. randylahey

randylahey Loaded Pockets

Haha, what better smokescreen is there?

Fisticuffs, groovster and CSM-101 like this.
  15. neutrontech
    • In Omnia Paratus

neutrontech Loaded Pockets

Seems like that would make you MORE of a target!

stbear, groovster and CSM-101 like this.
  16. kd7dvd
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

kd7dvd EDC Junkie!!!!!

I will neither confirm nor deny reading this thread.

17. chris 223

chris 223 Loaded Pockets

I really don't worry about what I wear anymore . I believe in the it takes one to know one mentality . I brought my 70 year old dad to shot last year and at the airport asked him to pick out who also was going he is ex military and could only pick a third of what I saw . Most people don't have a clue.
    I think that most common thugs fall into that. How many people in youre family you live with could pick out a Maxpedition bag ? A tad gear coat?
    A surefire lite over a 50 cent hardware store light. you know what i mean..

18. ReadyFreddy23

ReadyFreddy23 Loaded Pockets

Absolutely not! I do everything I can (within reason... I refuse to put an Obama sticker on my car) to stay off the radar. As someone already said "Gray Man". I'm a pretty big guy 6' 1" 280 lbs so that already brings me too much attention. I love the gun shirts, stickers, hats, and other paraphernalia but I don't own any. I've gone to my local Play It Again Sports stores to buy all of the large tennis racket bags I could find (I put my AR's in those bags to transport to and from the range). I just saw a gun case that looks like a guitar case at Academy Sports that I'm thinking about getting for longer rifles. I have a Blue Force Gear TASK Bag that looks like a small duffle bag or nylon lunch bag. When you rip it open, it becomes a vest that goes over your head with pockets, pouches, and loops. It holds AR Mags, pistol mags, shotgun shells, first aid kit, and has a spot with velcro to attach a patch like police, FBI, CCW.