1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Do you advertise...?

Discussion in 'Handguns' started by ReadyFreddy23, Sep 18, 2014.

1. CSM-101
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

CSM-101 EDC Junkie!!!!!

Yep, yep and yep. Your average American can't get their nose out of their smart phone long enough to notice what's going on around them. For all of the talk about "making yourself a target" by wearing certain clothes or carrying certain bags, you almost never hear of it really happening... however, you're much more likely to get yourself robbed by posting your vacation plans on Facebook.

I can see that in certain areas of the country where they are more anti-gun (Chicago, New York, New Jersey, California) you may not want to wear pro gun shirts or have stickers on your car, but around here it's a big yawn. NRA stickers and STRONGLY worded pro 2nd amendment t-shirts are not at all uncommon around here. I'm not worried about it.

groovster, Cobra 6 Actual and Lou_G like this.
  2. duqjeep2010

duqjeep2010 Loaded Pockets

Only the HSP "Disruptive Environments" Sticker on the back window of my truck. Most gun guys won't even know what that sticker is from.

3. RBid

RBid Loaded Pockets

If anybody gives a nod to that, they should get a handshake!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Cobra 6 Actual and duqjeep2010 like this.
  4. sarge1967

sarge1967 Loaded Pockets

I don't have stickers or anything obvious on my vehicles. I do wear 5.11 tactical or camo clothing. So do over 50% of the guys in the area I live in.

Most folks have ZERO situational awareness. Unless you have been in the military, law enforcement, or a victim most are clueless, to wrapped up in their own little world or staring down at a 4-6 inch screen. I do carry a Vanqust Tolcat pack daily, have never had anyone even look twice.

Now I have noticed folks carrying, I look for printing on their person. I try and keep high situational awareness.

CSM-101, groovster and Cobra 6 Actual like this.
  5. jonny8642

jonny8642 Loaded Pockets

I guess I do. Wear shirts with AR-15s on them that say "Free Colorado" (had a sticker on the truck for a while), NRA shirts (not a fan of the NRA or RMGO stickers), and I have the shield tactical shirt. More of a political statement then gun advertisement IMO.

CSM-101, groovster and Cobra 6 Actual like this.
  6. stbear

stbear Loaded Pockets

Only occasionally when participating at an event with like minded people will I wear a shirt or hat representing an organization. No stickers on cars or shirts advertising a product. I dislike company logos on clothing and equipment. I will not purchase things with them unless I really want their function and nothing else is available that suits my needs. I remove labels when doing so will no compromiseve their the integrity of the item. I tell car dealers to remove their logo from the truck or I will not purchase it.

groovster and Cobra 6 Actual like this.
  7. lobird91

lobird91 Loaded Pockets

8. ReadyFreddy23

ReadyFreddy23 Loaded Pockets

Yes, it counts.

But, I like it!

9. CDKJudoka

CDKJudoka Loaded Pockets

I advertise that I am a genuine, bonafide, BAMF!! j/k
    I have my USJA (Judo) and the sticker from the BJJ/Judo club that I train and teach at. Other than that, I have a few other stickers, but nothing overt (Alien Gear Holster, $HTFGear). My NRA sticker is on my rifle case, which is in my attic, at the moment

10. groovster

groovster Loaded Pockets

Nope. I don't care to adorn vehicles with stickers and such. Nor am I one to give free advertising.

11. Oldpagan

Oldpagan Empty Pockets

No and I take great pains not to, it's very bad opsec / persec.

12. Ok Cowboy

Ok Cowboy Empty Pockets

I don't, but I would LOVE to have a Glock hat. That would be the only thing I would have.

13. RichinVA

RichinVA Loaded Pockets

One of several on my vehicle.... [​IMG]

<<< Even when the world is at peace, a gentleman always keeps a blade at his side.
    -The Strategies of Wu. >>>
    <<< Not all that wander are lost.
    -J.R.R. Tolkien >>>>

Tromba likes this.
  14. wazu013

wazu013 EDC Junkie!!!

My wonderful old beater truck has a Gamaliel shooting supply sticker mixed in with football, Nascar and fishing decals. Every vehicle I've owned were no decals allowed. My pick-up is therapy for me. I drop stuff,spill stuff and I stick stuff.

15. RichinVA

RichinVA Loaded Pockets

Check your PM

<<< Even when the world is at peace, a gentleman always keeps a blade at his side.
    -The Strategies of Wu. >>>
    <<< Not all that wander are lost.
    -J.R.R. Tolkien >>>>

16. Scrub

Scrub Loaded Pockets

I'm pretty sure most people would be surprised to know that I enjoy firearms and carry one on my person quite often.

In a similar vein, I have two kids, 6 and 8 years old. There was a movement recently encouraging parents to ask other parents if there were (unsecured) firearms in the house before allowing your kids to go and play there. This pissed me off since my children are taught that my firearms are the business of our family and our family alone, not to be discussed outside of the house. This is part of our firearm safety discussions. I don't know these parents and don't want to be a target of a break in because of this.

Lou_G, CSM-101 and kertap75 like this.
  17. IMWILSON
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

IMWILSON EDC Wizard

Do you?

18. Froley

Froley Loaded Pockets

Just as an aside
    There have been circumstances where attorney's (on either side of a use of force case) have entered into evidence
    everything from gun mods---to photo's of the "firearm related" stickers on a subjects vehicle as evidence of a state of mind....
    It is always better to be the gray man.....

?uesto likes this.
  19. ?uesto

?uesto Loaded Pockets

I've always wondered how readily accessible or legally admissible forum posts are, if a judge or prosecutor wanted them in a self defense case.

20. neutrontech
    • In Omnia Paratus

neutrontech Loaded Pockets

No disrespect to anyone, but I think it's silly to worry about what you wear throwing up flags.

Every style of dress could throw up flags to one group or another. I myself am more leery of people in jeans and leather vs someone wearing 5.11 pants. Dressing too nice can throw up flags to a potential criminal that you may be a worthy target. Dressing too casual may make you appear untrustworthy.

No matter what you wear you will be judged at first glance. The only question is who will notice you first: the criminal looking for a well dressed target, the shop clerk thinking you are a thief based on the casual clothes, the old lady who sees you as a thug for wearing jeans and leather, or the EMT or LEO who thinks you may be one too for wearing 5.11.

Best to just go naked then, although that'd throw up some red flags too.