1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Do u keep you multitool or gear box?

Discussion in 'MultiTools and Other Pocket Tools' started by Lio, Sep 19, 2013.

1. rsitter

rsitter EDC Junkie!!!!!

i keep boxes for lotsa stuff....dvd players, table fans, pretty much anything that comes in a box, because they're sure a heck of a lot easier and safer to store/ move should the need arise.

2. Swe_Nurse

Swe_Nurse Loaded Pockets

No, I usually don't keep boxes for knives/multitools/gear. The reason is because I very rarely intend to store it or sell it, I buy things to use them and I don't collect so I don't see the point in keeping boxes. I also have limited space for boxes so that contributes.

3. CSM-101
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

CSM-101 EDC Junkie!!!!!

:rolleyes: I definitely have hoarding tendencies and at times the storage of boxes was WAY out of control... I'm a lot better now. :D Some boxes deserve to be kept however, the box my Sunwayman M11R came in is too nice to chuck (and I was actually disappointed that the Victorinox Swisschamp I bought last week didn't come in a presentation box). Some things like my Franklin Mint USS Enterprise and Star Trek 3D Chess set still have the boxes just for the (way) off chance that I would ever put them up for sale. (Original packaging adds a LOT of value for some things).

... and by the way, my Lego collection would be huge if I had the money/display space... 42 years old be :censored:!

T.H.Cone likes this.
  4. wasteland_wanderer

wasteland_wanderer Loaded Pockets

I keep a few boxes, mostly larger electronics, and a few boxes from tools that might be under warranty, or have instructions and extras that live in the box

5. angusW

angusW EDC Junkie!!!

I tend to keep most of the boxes. I'm not sure why but they are here neatly stored on some shelves behind me. Sometimes my wife asks me why I keep all those boxes and why I need so may knives and mt's. I then suggest that we go out for a nice dinner :D

T.H.Cone likes this.
  6. Lio

Lio Loaded Pockets

got it, i will make a box for boxes :)

angusW likes this.